Precisionsound has announced the release of Orfeo Accordion, a sample library for Kontakt, EXS24, HALion & SoundFont.
Orfeo Accordion is a Multisampled Italian accordion from the 1950s with 5 registers and a separate noise program. All registers have been sampled with belly in/out for all notes, and with release samples. The library contains in total 610 24bit WAV files.
Orfeo Accordion features
- Includes 1 program for NI Kontakt 3, 4 & 5 with scripted GUI, 7 programs for NI Kontakt 2 and all versions above, 6 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and all versions above, 6 programs for HALion, 7 programs for EXS24, and 9 SoundFont program with the release samples in a separate program is available for you who are using other sample formats.
- Registers: Bassoon, Bandoneon, Master, Celeste, Clarinet.
- Note: The full version of Kontakt 3 4 or 5 is required for the scripted version. Orfeo Accordion not work with the free Kontakt Player!
- All formats are included when you buy Orfeo Accordion.
Orfeo Accordion is available to purchase as a download for $49 USD (Additional $11 USD on DVD).
More information: Precisionsound / Orfeo Accordion
Precisionsound has introduced the Finnish Concert Kantele, a sample library for Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion.
The sound of the Kantele is unique and useful in many music genres, both for strumming and arpeggio style playing and melodies.
Finnish Concert Kantele features
- 36 stringed (A#0 to A#5) concert Kantele recorded in stereo in 4 velocity layers and 4 round robin layers per velocity layer.
- 3 types of articulations/picking styles: Sustained (4 velocity layers, 4 round robin layers), Damped (4 velocity layers, 4 round robin layers), Sticks (1 velocity layer, 2 round robin layers).
- The tonal range of the programs is B0-C6.
- All 1160 stereo samples were recorded at 24 bits, and 44.1 sample rate. The total size of the library uncompressed is 2.56GB.
- Includes 9 programs for HALion 1.11 and above, 12 programs for Kontakt 2, 1 scripted program for Kontakt 3 and above, 13 programs for EXS24.
- Note: Kontakt 3 or higher full version is required for the scripted version. For the non scripted Kontakt programs, the full version of Kontakt 2 is required. Finnish Concert Kantele will not work with the free Kontakt Player.
Finnish Concert Kantele (includes all formats) is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Finnish Concert Kantele
Precisionsound has released Amore Grand Piano, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt 3-5.
We recorded a Yamaha grand piano, close miked in stereo and kept it small, under 200 MB.
The 3 page GUI is intuitive and easy to understand with controls for decay, EQ, IR reverb, Delay and Keyboard response.
You need the full version of NI Kontakt version 3, 4 or 5 to use this SampleSet.
Precisionsound has also launched its Wintersale 2011, offering a 50% discount on all its sample libraries until 31 December 2011.
More information: Precisionsound / Amore Grand Piano
Precisionsound has released Hybrid Factory, a sample-based synthesiser for Native Instruments Kontakt 4, capable of over 1,000 combinations of sounds.
With Hybrid Factory, users can make warm analogue emulations, aggressive digital tones, and imaginary electroacoustic instruments. The samples in Hybrid Factory were created by Iain Morland using a wide range of techniques, including resynthesizing acoustic instruments; physical modelling; granular synthesis; processing Foley recordings; FM synthesis; sampling old cassettes; and convolving instruments with one another. This gives users a varied and unusual palette for sound design.
Precisionsound founder Lars Westin said, “Hybrid Factory’s scripted Kontakt interface puts all the samples at your fingertips. It lets you see the waveforms with which you are working. You can shape the dynamics, apply filters, phasers, chorus and reverb effects, and add three different flavours of distortion.”
Hybrid Factory features
- Over 1,160 stereo samples at 24-bit, 44.1khz quality.
- 80 NKI presets, including basses, leads, keys and pads, demonstrating the capabilities of Hybrid Factory.
- Twelve unique impulse responses.
- A default NKI to use as a starting point for user patches.
- The size of the sample pool is 1.77GB (1.32GB compressed). Thanks to Kontakt’s disk streaming technology, the samples use only 134MB RAM.
- Requires full version of Kontakt 4.2.3 or above (Kontakt Player not supported).
Hybrid Factory is available to purchase for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD).
More information: Precisionsound / Hybrid Factory
Precisionssound has announced the release of Maestrovox Ps-Mod, a sample library for Native Instrument Kontakt 4.
The Maestrovox Consort is a tube based synth/organ in the style of Clavioline and Solovox. The Maestrovoxes were built in the UK by Victor Harold Ward in the 1950ties. There are only 21 known surviving keyboards in the world at the time of writing, and 2 of them are in the hands of Precisionsound.
We have sampled the whole tonal range in half note steps for all the 7 register settings with generous loops so the sound has time to evolve. We then fine-tuned every sample. The whole library has over 400 24bit mono samples in a monolith file, losslessly compressed down to a file size of 190MB. The library also contains 36 presets as startingpoints.
With the Precisionsound Modification (Ps-Mod), limitations from the original Maestrovox Consort are gone. You get 128 voice polyphony and the ability to tweak all registers with full control over volume, pan, octave and fine tuning, separately for each register. We added filters, ADSR envelope, Arpeggiator, Distortion, Cabinet simulator and much more.
With the detailed sampled core sound of the Maestrovox and the added functionality you get a fun to tweak and unique sounding virtual analog instrument suitable for screaming leads, blippy sequences and old school analogue tones that will be an injection for your inspiration.
Maestrovox Ps-Mod is available to purchase as a download for $19 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). Requires the full version of NI Kontakt (not the free player).
More information: Precisionsound / Maestrovox Ps-Mod
Precisionsound has announced the release of Knutby Church Organ, an organ sample library.
The Knutby Church Organ was built in 1995 by Johannes Menzel, based upon a previous Gustav Andersson organ from 1867.
All pipes for each Stop combination were recorded with note and release tail, close miked.
In postproduction some pipes were excluded, others retuned and the noisefloor of the fan system was removed from the recordings with the latest restoration tools. All notes have been seamlessly looped and the length of notes is long so in most circumstances you will never reach the loop points while playing.
Knutby Church Organ features
- 1502 stereo 24bit wav samples.
- 15 programs for HALion 1-3 and EXS24.
- 24 programs for Kontakt 3 and 4 with KSP script and GUI.
- 15 programs for Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 5 Impulse response files that can be used in any IR reverb plug-in of your choice. These IRs are also implemented in the Kontakt 3 & 4 scripted programs.
Knutby Church Organ is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Knutby Church Organ