Precisionsound has released Hybrid Factory, a sample-based synthesiser for Native Instruments Kontakt 4, capable of over 1,000 combinations of sounds.
With Hybrid Factory, users can make warm analogue emulations, aggressive digital tones, and imaginary electroacoustic instruments. The samples in Hybrid Factory were created by Iain Morland using a wide range of techniques, including resynthesizing acoustic instruments; physical modelling; granular synthesis; processing Foley recordings; FM synthesis; sampling old cassettes; and convolving instruments with one another. This gives users a varied and unusual palette for sound design.
Precisionsound founder Lars Westin said, “Hybrid Factory’s scripted Kontakt interface puts all the samples at your fingertips. It lets you see the waveforms with which you are working. You can shape the dynamics, apply filters, phasers, chorus and reverb effects, and add three different flavours of distortion.”
Hybrid Factory features
- Over 1,160 stereo samples at 24-bit, 44.1khz quality.
- 80 NKI presets, including basses, leads, keys and pads, demonstrating the capabilities of Hybrid Factory.
- Twelve unique impulse responses.
- A default NKI to use as a starting point for user patches.
- The size of the sample pool is 1.77GB (1.32GB compressed). Thanks to Kontakt’s disk streaming technology, the samples use only 134MB RAM.
- Requires full version of Kontakt 4.2.3 or above (Kontakt Player not supported).
Hybrid Factory is available to purchase for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD).
More information: Precisionsound / Hybrid Factory
Precisionssound has announced the release of Maestrovox Ps-Mod, a sample library for Native Instrument Kontakt 4.
The Maestrovox Consort is a tube based synth/organ in the style of Clavioline and Solovox. The Maestrovoxes were built in the UK by Victor Harold Ward in the 1950ties. There are only 21 known surviving keyboards in the world at the time of writing, and 2 of them are in the hands of Precisionsound.
We have sampled the whole tonal range in half note steps for all the 7 register settings with generous loops so the sound has time to evolve. We then fine-tuned every sample. The whole library has over 400 24bit mono samples in a monolith file, losslessly compressed down to a file size of 190MB. The library also contains 36 presets as startingpoints.
With the Precisionsound Modification (Ps-Mod), limitations from the original Maestrovox Consort are gone. You get 128 voice polyphony and the ability to tweak all registers with full control over volume, pan, octave and fine tuning, separately for each register. We added filters, ADSR envelope, Arpeggiator, Distortion, Cabinet simulator and much more.
With the detailed sampled core sound of the Maestrovox and the added functionality you get a fun to tweak and unique sounding virtual analog instrument suitable for screaming leads, blippy sequences and old school analogue tones that will be an injection for your inspiration.
Maestrovox Ps-Mod is available to purchase as a download for $19 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). Requires the full version of NI Kontakt (not the free player).
More information: Precisionsound / Maestrovox Ps-Mod
Precisionsound has announced the release of Knutby Church Organ, an organ sample library.
The Knutby Church Organ was built in 1995 by Johannes Menzel, based upon a previous Gustav Andersson organ from 1867.
All pipes for each Stop combination were recorded with note and release tail, close miked.
In postproduction some pipes were excluded, others retuned and the noisefloor of the fan system was removed from the recordings with the latest restoration tools. All notes have been seamlessly looped and the length of notes is long so in most circumstances you will never reach the loop points while playing.
Knutby Church Organ features
- 1502 stereo 24bit wav samples.
- 15 programs for HALion 1-3 and EXS24.
- 24 programs for Kontakt 3 and 4 with KSP script and GUI.
- 15 programs for Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 5 Impulse response files that can be used in any IR reverb plug-in of your choice. These IRs are also implemented in the Kontakt 3 & 4 scripted programs.
Knutby Church Organ is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Knutby Church Organ
Precisionsound has announced the release of Indian Santoor, a sample library for Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion.
The Santoor/Santur is a flat shaped instrument in the form of a trapezoid that means it is wider at one end and short at the other end. It is a wooden box that is broader in size low pitch notes and is tapered at the other side for the high pitched notes.
The Indian Santoor used in this SampleSet was hand crafted in Delhi, India. It has 31 notes in units of 3, resulting in a total of 93 strings.
Indian Santoor features
- 3 octaves from C2 to C5, with four velocity layers and four round robin hits (Kontakt and EXS24 format only) for a very sensitive and natural playability.
- 573 stereo 24bit wav samples.
- 8 programs for HALion 1-3, 8 programs for EXS24, 9 programs for NI Kontakt v1-2, 1 multi program for Kontakt 3 and 4 with KSP script and GUI, (NI Kontakt 3 and 4 format requires the full version of NI Kontakt 3 or 4 and does not work fully with the free Kontakt player!)
Indian Santoor is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). All formats
More information: Precisionsound / Indian Santoor
Precisionsound has announced the release of Biosphere and Mechosphere, two libraries of soundscapes for film, game, and multimedia sound design and music production.
Each soundscape is over one minute in length, edited to loop seamlessly without obviously repeating. The loops are production-ready out of the box, but can also be used as source material for mangling and resynthesizing.
Biosphere & Mechosphere features
- 50 stereo 48khz 24-bit WAV files each.
- 890Mb total for Biosphere, 903Mb total for Mechosphere.
- Sampler programs are for auditioning of sounds: HALion, Kontakt 1 & 2, Kontakt 3 & 4 (not compatible with free Kontakt Player).
Biosphere and Mechosphere are available to purchase for $29 USD each (+$11 USD for DVD version). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound
Precisionsound has released Sonic Laboratory, a toolkit of 500 sound effects, from brutal hits to evolving soundscapes, atonal clusters to retro electronica.
Audio designer Iain Morland took some of the strangest plucks, scrapes, thumps and noises from Precisionsound’s huge library of sampled acoustic instruments, then subjected them to bizarre processing to create evocative textures and effects.
The Sonic Laboratory files are intended primarily to be placed on the audio timeline of a music sequencer or video editor. The included sampler programs are for easy auditioning of sounds, with one program for each category of sounds (two in the case of the largest category). The programs for Kontakt 3 and 4 (Full version needed) display the name of the played file on the GUI when you press a key.
Sonic Laboratory features
- 1.28 GB sample library, 500 stereo 44.1khz 24-bit WAV files.
- The audio files are sorted into 9 folders by category, and each file has a unique descriptive name.
- Categories: hits, mechanical hybrid, organic hybrid, pads and textures, retro electronics, reversed, stings, tonal – dark, and tonal – light.
- 10 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion.
- 10 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 10 programs with scripted GUI for NI Kontakt 3 and 4 (not compatible with
free Kontakt Player).
Sonic Laboratory is available to purchase for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD), all formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Sonic Laboratory
Precisionsound has released Eminent 275, a new sample library in the Skinny Organ Collection.
The Eminent Solina P275 Series 9 with a price tag of aprox $2500 from 1985 was made in Holland and uses the same stringsynth section as the legendary 310 model used by Jean Michel Jarre. The P275 is completely analog and has a unique sounding drum machine built in (Syncopator 355).
Precisionsound teamed up with Skinny Hastrup and started a new line of SampleSets titled “The Skinny Organ Collection”.
Eminent 275 features
- 451 mono 24bit wav sound samples.
- 35 mono 24bit wav rhythm loops.
- 35 mono 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 38 + 28 NI Kontakt v1 and v2 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 37 NI Kontakt v3 and v4 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 20 HALion (all versions) programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 25 EXS24 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 SoundFont (Sf2) programs (16bit).
The Skinny Organ Collection – Eminent 275 is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). All formats are included with a purchase.
More information: Precisionsound / Eminent 275
Precisionsound has announced the release of Indian Surmandal, a sample library for Kontakt, HALion, and EXS24.
“Surmandal” also known as “Swarmandal” is a small Indian harp. It is generally used to accompany vocalists playing arpeggios and notes with the right thumb in Hindustani Classical music.
The Surmandal was used in The Beatles songs “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” and “Within You Without You”, plucked with a guitar pick like we have done here with the “Indian Surmandal” SampleSet.
Indian Surmandal features
- 867 24bit WAV files.
- 16 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion, Logic EXS24, and NI Kontakt v1 and v2 + 2 program for NI Kontakt v3 and v4.
- Surmandal Plectrum — The “Surmandal” programs are the plectrum picked Surmandal from C1 to G4 with all notes and half notes sampled. The mappings are E2 to G5, the G5 is stretched to C6 and E2 is stretched down to C2. Every note has been sampled in 4 velocity layers and has 4 samples for every layer, these have been programmed as “round robin” for the Kontakt and EXS24 programs. The HALion programs have all samples mapped as velocity layers instead, a total of 16 velocity layers.
- Surmandal Thaats — A Thaat is a musical mode in Hindustani music which always has seven notes (excluding the repeated tonic) and is considered the basis for the system of organizing and classifying ragas in North Indian classical music. There are ten generally accepted Thaats, all included in the Indian Surmandal SampleSet: Bilawal, Khamaj, Kafi, Asavari, Bhairavi, Bhairav, Kalyan, Marwa, Purvi & Todi. These are strummed up/down in different speeds and also clusters of notes for each Thaat.
Indian Surmandal is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD available for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Indian Surmandal