Precisionsound has released Sonic Laboratory, a toolkit of 500 sound effects, from brutal hits to evolving soundscapes, atonal clusters to retro electronica.
Audio designer Iain Morland took some of the strangest plucks, scrapes, thumps and noises from Precisionsound’s huge library of sampled acoustic instruments, then subjected them to bizarre processing to create evocative textures and effects.
The Sonic Laboratory files are intended primarily to be placed on the audio timeline of a music sequencer or video editor. The included sampler programs are for easy auditioning of sounds, with one program for each category of sounds (two in the case of the largest category). The programs for Kontakt 3 and 4 (Full version needed) display the name of the played file on the GUI when you press a key.
Sonic Laboratory features
- 1.28 GB sample library, 500 stereo 44.1khz 24-bit WAV files.
- The audio files are sorted into 9 folders by category, and each file has a unique descriptive name.
- Categories: hits, mechanical hybrid, organic hybrid, pads and textures, retro electronics, reversed, stings, tonal – dark, and tonal – light.
- 10 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion.
- 10 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and 2.
- 10 programs with scripted GUI for NI Kontakt 3 and 4 (not compatible with
free Kontakt Player).
Sonic Laboratory is available to purchase for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD), all formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Sonic Laboratory
Precisionsound has released Eminent 275, a new sample library in the Skinny Organ Collection.
The Eminent Solina P275 Series 9 with a price tag of aprox $2500 from 1985 was made in Holland and uses the same stringsynth section as the legendary 310 model used by Jean Michel Jarre. The P275 is completely analog and has a unique sounding drum machine built in (Syncopator 355).
Precisionsound teamed up with Skinny Hastrup and started a new line of SampleSets titled “The Skinny Organ Collection”.
Eminent 275 features
- 451 mono 24bit wav sound samples.
- 35 mono 24bit wav rhythm loops.
- 35 mono 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 38 + 28 NI Kontakt v1 and v2 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 37 NI Kontakt v3 and v4 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 20 HALion (all versions) programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 + 25 EXS24 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 38 SoundFont (Sf2) programs (16bit).
The Skinny Organ Collection – Eminent 275 is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD (+$11 USD on DVD). All formats are included with a purchase.
More information: Precisionsound / Eminent 275
Precisionsound has announced the release of Indian Surmandal, a sample library for Kontakt, HALion, and EXS24.
“Surmandal” also known as “Swarmandal” is a small Indian harp. It is generally used to accompany vocalists playing arpeggios and notes with the right thumb in Hindustani Classical music.
The Surmandal was used in The Beatles songs “Strawberry Fields Forever,” “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds,” and “Within You Without You”, plucked with a guitar pick like we have done here with the “Indian Surmandal” SampleSet.
Indian Surmandal features
- 867 24bit WAV files.
- 16 programs for all versions of Steinberg HALion, Logic EXS24, and NI Kontakt v1 and v2 + 2 program for NI Kontakt v3 and v4.
- Surmandal Plectrum — The “Surmandal” programs are the plectrum picked Surmandal from C1 to G4 with all notes and half notes sampled. The mappings are E2 to G5, the G5 is stretched to C6 and E2 is stretched down to C2. Every note has been sampled in 4 velocity layers and has 4 samples for every layer, these have been programmed as “round robin” for the Kontakt and EXS24 programs. The HALion programs have all samples mapped as velocity layers instead, a total of 16 velocity layers.
- Surmandal Thaats — A Thaat is a musical mode in Hindustani music which always has seven notes (excluding the repeated tonic) and is considered the basis for the system of organizing and classifying ragas in North Indian classical music. There are ten generally accepted Thaats, all included in the Indian Surmandal SampleSet: Bilawal, Khamaj, Kafi, Asavari, Bhairavi, Bhairav, Kalyan, Marwa, Purvi & Todi. These are strummed up/down in different speeds and also clusters of notes for each Thaat.
Indian Surmandal is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (DVD available for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Indian Surmandal
Precisionsound has announced the release of Russian Balalaika, a very detailed sampled Balalaika for NI Kontakt, EXS24, HALion and SoundFont.
The recording was made in the “Usachevsky” studio at the University of Utah, and the instrument was played by Igor Iachimciuc and edited by Lars Westin, KSP script programming was made by Iain Morland.
Russian Balalaika features
- 1,250 24bit mono WAV files of a Russian 3 stringed (2 E strings and 1 A string) Balalaika.
- Articulations recorded separately for both the E and A string: Up, Down, Thumb, Flam, Mute, Unison EA, Unison EE, Tremolo (3 variations but same speed), Harmonics, FX1, FX2 and Fretnoises.
- Includes 2 types of programs: “Solo” and “Group” (NI Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion versions only).
- “Solo” programs are one single Balalaika
- “Group” programs are a mix of 3 different notes and articulations played at the same time to build a unison feel of 3 (6 in NI Kontakt 3 and 4 if the String mix is set to 50% using the KSP script programs) unique Balalaika players.
- Speed control of the tremolos is only available in the NI Kontakt 3 & 4 programs.
Russian Balalaika is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD); all formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Russian Balalaika
Precisionsound has released Monzter Drumz, a drum sample library produced with ease of use and awesome sound in mind, straight out of the box.
All samples have been made to fit in straight away with heavy guitar and bass tones so very little additional tweaking would be needed in the final mix.
The sample library feature KICKS, SNARES, TOMS and CYMBALS and work together with your favorite sample player as well as with the drum replacer plug-in “Drumagog”, to get you going with fast and easy replacement or enhancement of already recorded drums.
For Cubase users we have thrown in a couple of bonuses, like a custom drum map to make navigation around the kit very easy, and also a Cubase Track Archive that works with Cubase 4 and 5 that lets you import a prepared setup of Drumagog inserted audio channels and MIDI channels all routed and ready to go into any session you might be working on.
Monzter Drumz features
- Kicks: Mapex Orion 22″, Sonor Delite 22″ (two versions w. different processing).
- Snares: Mapex Black Panther Brass Snare, Sonor Delite Maple Snare.
- Toms: Mapex Orion 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″.
- Cymbals: 16″ and 18″ Sabian and Zildjian chinas, crashes and splashes, Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats 14″, Zildjian K Custom Ride, Zildjian Ping Ride.
- Articulations: Cymbal Chokes, Cymbal Rolls, Closed, Semi Open, Open Hats, Edge and Bell Rides.
- Drums were sampled using close and overhead mics. Artificially produced ambience is also provided.
- Multi-sampled kits contain 665 mono and stereo 24bit WAV samples.
- All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet: Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, Drumagog & SoundFont.
Monzter Drumz is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Monzter Drumz
Precisionsound has announced the release of Mighty U90, the first sample set in a new series of collaborations with Skinny Hastrup, “The Skinny Organ Collection”.
The Technics SX-U90S made in Japan 1982 with a price tag of 7 812 EUR (aprox. $ 10 500) has been the source for this SampleSets. SX-U90S is (was) a luxury “grandmas” organ and the flagship of their “U” series, too expensive for most people to have as a livingroom furniture and homeorgan.
We think these instruments are so underrated when it comes to the sound. For modern DAW based musicians it would be difficult or impossible to incorporate them in their musicproduction due to space, weight and the lack of MIDI or CV so we have the goal to make them available inside your MAC or PC.
Mighty U90 features
- 603 stereo and mono 24bit wav files.
- 152 stereo 24bit wav rhythm loops.
- 152 stereo 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 32 + 27 NI Kontakt v1 and v2 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 28 NI Kontakt v3 and v4 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 25 HALion (all versions) programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 24 EXS24 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 SoundFont (Sf2) programs (16bit).
The Skinny Organ Collection – Mighty U90 is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD, or $50 on DVD (all formats are included).
More information: Precisionsound / Mighty U90
Precisionsound has released Peruvian Ocarina, a free sample pack.
Our friends went to Peru for vacation, and returned with…an Ocarina. Christmas is the season of giving, so we thought, why not give it away in our turn. Enjoy the airy sound of this tiny instrument.
Peruvian Ocarina features
- 56 24bit mono WAV samples.
- 4 articulations, normal, legato, glissando and staccato.
- Articulation keyswitshes are mapped at C1,C#1,D1 and D#1 for EXS24, HALion and Kontakt.
- The HALion and Kontakt versions also has the glissando articulation mapped on the modwheel.
Peruvian Ocarina is available as a free download.
More information: Precisionsound / Peruvian Ocarina
Precisionsound has announced a Wintersale.
Now we are announcing our biggest sale yet. You get 50% off on all our libraries until 31 December 2009.
Precisionsound is a soundware producer based in Sweden with a big catalog of odd and inspirational SampleSets for Kontakt, HALion, EXS24 and more.
Vintage organs, keyboards, ethnic instruments and much more… Take your time to browse our site and listen to demos.
Now you have the chance to buy yourself, someone else or your company some great SampleSets for a bargain price!
More information: Precisionsound