Precisionsound has announced the release of Russian Balalaika, a very detailed sampled Balalaika for NI Kontakt, EXS24, HALion and SoundFont.
The recording was made in the “Usachevsky” studio at the University of Utah, and the instrument was played by Igor Iachimciuc and edited by Lars Westin, KSP script programming was made by Iain Morland.
Russian Balalaika features
- 1,250 24bit mono WAV files of a Russian 3 stringed (2 E strings and 1 A string) Balalaika.
- Articulations recorded separately for both the E and A string: Up, Down, Thumb, Flam, Mute, Unison EA, Unison EE, Tremolo (3 variations but same speed), Harmonics, FX1, FX2 and Fretnoises.
- Includes 2 types of programs: “Solo” and “Group” (NI Kontakt, EXS24 & HALion versions only).
- “Solo” programs are one single Balalaika
- “Group” programs are a mix of 3 different notes and articulations played at the same time to build a unison feel of 3 (6 in NI Kontakt 3 and 4 if the String mix is set to 50% using the KSP script programs) unique Balalaika players.
- Speed control of the tremolos is only available in the NI Kontakt 3 & 4 programs.
Russian Balalaika is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD (+$11 USD on DVD); all formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Russian Balalaika
Precisionsound has released Monzter Drumz, a drum sample library produced with ease of use and awesome sound in mind, straight out of the box.
All samples have been made to fit in straight away with heavy guitar and bass tones so very little additional tweaking would be needed in the final mix.
The sample library feature KICKS, SNARES, TOMS and CYMBALS and work together with your favorite sample player as well as with the drum replacer plug-in “Drumagog”, to get you going with fast and easy replacement or enhancement of already recorded drums.
For Cubase users we have thrown in a couple of bonuses, like a custom drum map to make navigation around the kit very easy, and also a Cubase Track Archive that works with Cubase 4 and 5 that lets you import a prepared setup of Drumagog inserted audio channels and MIDI channels all routed and ready to go into any session you might be working on.
Monzter Drumz features
- Kicks: Mapex Orion 22″, Sonor Delite 22″ (two versions w. different processing).
- Snares: Mapex Black Panther Brass Snare, Sonor Delite Maple Snare.
- Toms: Mapex Orion 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″.
- Cymbals: 16″ and 18″ Sabian and Zildjian chinas, crashes and splashes, Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats 14″, Zildjian K Custom Ride, Zildjian Ping Ride.
- Articulations: Cymbal Chokes, Cymbal Rolls, Closed, Semi Open, Open Hats, Edge and Bell Rides.
- Drums were sampled using close and overhead mics. Artificially produced ambience is also provided.
- Multi-sampled kits contain 665 mono and stereo 24bit WAV samples.
- All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet: Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, Drumagog & SoundFont.
Monzter Drumz is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Monzter Drumz
Precisionsound has announced the release of Mighty U90, the first sample set in a new series of collaborations with Skinny Hastrup, “The Skinny Organ Collection”.
The Technics SX-U90S made in Japan 1982 with a price tag of 7 812 EUR (aprox. $ 10 500) has been the source for this SampleSets. SX-U90S is (was) a luxury “grandmas” organ and the flagship of their “U” series, too expensive for most people to have as a livingroom furniture and homeorgan.
We think these instruments are so underrated when it comes to the sound. For modern DAW based musicians it would be difficult or impossible to incorporate them in their musicproduction due to space, weight and the lack of MIDI or CV so we have the goal to make them available inside your MAC or PC.
Mighty U90 features
- 603 stereo and mono 24bit wav files.
- 152 stereo 24bit wav rhythm loops.
- 152 stereo 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 32 + 27 NI Kontakt v1 and v2 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 28 NI Kontakt v3 and v4 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 25 HALion (all versions) programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 + 24 EXS24 programs divided into “Basic” and “Advanced”.
- 32 SoundFont (Sf2) programs (16bit).
The Skinny Organ Collection – Mighty U90 is available to purchase as a download for $39 USD, or $50 on DVD (all formats are included).
More information: Precisionsound / Mighty U90
Precisionsound has released Peruvian Ocarina, a free sample pack.
Our friends went to Peru for vacation, and returned with…an Ocarina. Christmas is the season of giving, so we thought, why not give it away in our turn. Enjoy the airy sound of this tiny instrument.
Peruvian Ocarina features
- 56 24bit mono WAV samples.
- 4 articulations, normal, legato, glissando and staccato.
- Articulation keyswitshes are mapped at C1,C#1,D1 and D#1 for EXS24, HALion and Kontakt.
- The HALion and Kontakt versions also has the glissando articulation mapped on the modwheel.
Peruvian Ocarina is available as a free download.
More information: Precisionsound / Peruvian Ocarina
Precisionsound has announced a Wintersale.
Now we are announcing our biggest sale yet. You get 50% off on all our libraries until 31 December 2009.
Precisionsound is a soundware producer based in Sweden with a big catalog of odd and inspirational SampleSets for Kontakt, HALion, EXS24 and more.
Vintage organs, keyboards, ethnic instruments and much more… Take your time to browse our site and listen to demos.
Now you have the chance to buy yourself, someone else or your company some great SampleSets for a bargain price!
More information: Precisionsound
Precisionsound has announced the release of D-85, a sample library for HALion, Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont.
The Yamaha Electone D-85 is the source of sounds in our fourth volume of the Vintage Keyboard Collection. The D-85 was released in 1980 and designed as an home organ, a grandmas organ, for the “loaded” grandmas though, cause the price tag was around $10000.
The D-85 is completely analog and uses a technique called PASS (Pulse Analog Synthesis System) developed for the legendary Electone GX-1 and later used in other Electone organs like the flagship of home organs of the time, the D-85.
Electone D-85 features
- 511 24bit mono WAV samples of the instruments and 208 24bit mono WAV grooves.
- 208 Rx2 files for use in any Rx2 compatible software like Stylus RMX, Reason, Cubase etc.
- 52 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 67 programs for HALion 1.1 and all versions above.
- 71 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and all versions above.
- 28 programs for Sound Font (16bit) compatible with all samplers supporting the Sf2 format like the free SFZ, Cakewalk Dimension Pro, Reason NN-XT and more.
The D-85 sample library is available for purchase as a download for $39 USD (DVD optional for +$11 USD). All formats are included.
More information: Precisionsound / Yamaha Electone D-85
Precisionsound has released Nordic Low Whistle, a sampled instrument in Kontakt, HALion, EXS24 and SoundFont formats.
The “Härjedalspipa”, “shepherds flute” in our context called the Nordic Low Whistle, is a Swedish cylindrical flute, build by craftsman Gunnar Stenmark.
The model is a result of folk music research, and has also been further developed by musician’s preferences. This particular instrument is a seven whole whistle, made of slow grown fir-wood.
The Nordic Low Whistle has a breathy warm and rich tone, ideal for ethnic and earthy colors to you sound palette.
Nordic Low Whistle features
- 254 24bit mono WAV files.
- 7 programs for Logic EXS24.
- 6 programs for HALion 1.1 and all versions above.
- 6 programs for NI Kontakt 1 and all versions above and 1 extra Kontakt 3 program with added convulsion reverb.
- 5 programs for SoundFont (16bit) compatible with all samplers supporting the Sf2 format like the free SFZ, Cakewalk Dimension Pro, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler and more.
- Articulations: “Natural”, “Legato”, “Staccato”, “Glide” and “Flutter”.
- The “Full” programs for EXS24, HALion and Kontakt include key switches to alter between these in realtime.
Nordic Low Whistle is available for purchase as a download for $32 USD, or on CD for $43 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Nordic Low Whistle
Precisionsound has released Real CR-8000, a sample library featuring the sounds of the Roland CR-8000.
We have sampled each sound in up to 16 different single hits. We also programmed rolls when possible to capture the true behavior of the CR-8000 when a sound is rapidly repeated. All hits and rolls have been sampled in both normal and accented versions.
All grooves of the CR-8000 has been recorded in 4 bars and soundgroups are separated, you get both a “mix” loop including all sounds for that particular groove and kick/snare, hihats, cymbals, Congas, Cowbells etc. as separated loops for all grooves in both normal and shuffle versions. We recorded the grooves in low tempo around 60 BPM.
Real CR-8000 features
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt (variation of single hits as round robin and velocity layers).
- 3 programs for HALion (variation of single hits mapped in velocity layers).
- 1 program for SoundFont 16bit (variation of single hits mapped in velocity layers).
- 227 single hits and rolls in 24bit Mono WAV.
- 255 24bit Rx2 loops.
- 255 24bit WAV loops.
Real CR-8000 is available for purchase for $19 USD (includes all formats).
More information: Precisionsound / Real CR-8000