, instrument plugins
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Tim Conrardy
Posted in news
on Jan 25, 2008
Nucleus SoundLab has announced Viral Outbreak, a new soundware product based on the sounds of the Virus TI hardware synthesizer.
Using the power of extensive 96khz multisampling, manual looping and professional preset design, Nucleus SoundLab brings this powerful electronica sound to your productions!
Viral Outbreak contains all manner of TI-based sounds. Classic wavetables, raw saw and pulse waveforms (sampled at multiple pulsewidths), unison dance leads, breathtaking pads, bizarre formant effects, massive supersaws and even punchy synth drumkits.
Viral Outbreak features
- No sampler required! Viral Outbreak is powered by a full copy of the amazing WusikEngine V4 by Wusik.com. You can even use this engine to load other Wusikstation libraries.
- Nearly 3.5GB of multisamples comprising 180+ soundsets.
- Sampled at 32-bit 96khz quality! For resource efficiency, then carefully downsampled to 24-bit 48khz.
- Comes loaded with 800+ presets by the best preset designers out there: Pro-Sounds, Teksonik, Tim Conrardy, Jeremy Janzen, rsmus7 and more.
- An amazing, TI-inspired, Wusikstation v1-v3 skin by Vera Kinter (preview here).
- Refill details
- Nearly 2GB compressed in Refill format. (contains the exact same samples as the VSTi)
- 200+ unique Reason Combinators included by a variety of talented Reason sound designers included Adam Fielding, Tom Pritchard, Nick Hutton and more.
- Large variety of additional individual patches for Reason’s modules.
- Programmed for Reason 4, and as such makes good use of Thor and RPG-8.
Viral Outbreak will be available in late Q1 2008 , priced at $99.95 CAD delivered electronically. You can already pre-order either the VSTi or the Refill for 15% off – $84.95. In addition, pre-orderers will receive Ambient Drums in either Wusikstation or Refill format as a free gift.
If you already own the Viral Outbreak Volume One Wusikstation soundset, you’ll still find 1.3GB+ of new sample content and a variety of new presets (including 128 professional presets by Pro-Sounds). The crossgrade price is $29.95 (does not include the VSTi engine), or $44.95 for both formats (pre-order price is $24.95, or $39.95 for both formats).
Visit Nucleus SoundLab for more information and sound demos.
Pro-Sounds has released Pyromania, a sound bank for FireBird by Tone2.
Pyromania, designed by Bryan “Xenos” Lee, is made up of 128 presets in FXB and FXP format.
This bank combines Bryan’s love of classic synth sounds with his tendency towards completely chaotic D&B-type presets. FireBird users will find blistering basses, epic pads, hair-raising leads, disturbing rhythms, and more suitable for hard-core genres of electronic music (full patch list here).
Pyromania is available for $17.95 (USD).
Note: You must have the FireBird+ v1,9 update installed in order to use this product.
More information: Pro-Sounds / Pyromania
Pro-Sounds has released LD-50, a sound bank for Korg’s LAC-1 synthesizers on the OASYS workstation.
Chloridecone, Kasugamycin, Transfluthrin…Go ahead, try and pronounce them, we dare you! And if you think the names are hard, wait until you hear the sounds behind them!
LD-50 KLC-OASYS Edition is the same LD-50 set made available to the Korg Legacy Collection add-on (PCG format), but now for Korg’s OASYS hardware synthesizer. The set features all the sounds of the LD-50 banks split into 189 programs and 61 combis!
NOTE: You Must Have Korg’s Legacy Collection Add-on Installed on Your OASYS System to Use This Product.
The LD-50 bank is available for $24.95. A demo bank showcasing presets from the LD-50 KLC-OASYS Edition Sound-Set is available for download.
Visit Pro-Sounds for more information.
Atom Splitter Audio has released Pulsation Lite and Pulsation Plus, two pulse wave synthesis VSTi plug-ins for Windows PC.
Pulsation Lite allows you to explore pulse wave synthesis in a simple and easy to use manner, included are tuning, pulse width, effects and modulation options to further shape the sounds, although limited to pulse wave synthesis you can create a wide range of sounds and it is free so give it a try and see if you find it useful.
Pulsation Lite features
- 4 pulse-waves each with LFO and ENV modulation options with visual graph for waveform shape
- 4 stage ADSR amplitude envelope with visual graph for envelope shape
- Keytracking filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band-reject, and peaking configurations
- 4 stage ADSR filter envelope with visual graph for envelope shape
- Tempo-syncable sine, saw, square, triangle, or noise LFO to modulate filter and pulse-widths
- Multi-effect delay, chorus, and distortion each with toggles and mix knobs
- Easy 1 knob velocity adjustment and modulation wheel amount adjustment
- Pitchbend range from -12 to +12 steps
- Tune from -5 to +5 octaves and 12 semi-tones per octave adjustment
The presets in Pulsation Lite were done by DJ-Puissance, Jeff Rhodes of Perimeter Sound, Grymmjack and Atomsplitter.
Visit the Pulsation Lite page to download the free Pulsation Lite.
Pulsation Plus is the big brother of Pulsation Lite. It has more advanced options and includes a sound bank of 64 presets by Pro-Sounds.
Atom Splitter Audio Pulsation Plus – includes more advanced options
Pulsation Plus features
- All the features from Pulsation Lite
- Bank of 64 presets from Pro-Sounds
- View of the pulse output
- Moog, Vintage and Formant filter modes
- S+H (Sample And Hold) LFO mode
- Tempo sync option for the delay
- Global effects mix amount and bypass
- Single or Stereo trance gate with sync
- Control readout section
Pulsation Plus is available now for only $15.99.
Visit the Pulsation Plus page for more details and a link to purchase it.
Pro-Sounds has released LD-50, a patch bank for Korg’s Legacy Collection.
LD-50 is comprised of 128 presets in FXB and FXP formats, split across 3 synthesizers from the Korg Legacy Collection: The MS-20, PolySix, and Legacy Cell.
The LD-50 Sound-Set comes complete With hard-hitting basses, furious leads, raging sequences, and much more; every preset is designed to bring these classic synths out from the past, and into the future.
The LD-50 bank is available for 24.95 Euro (registered Pro-Sounds customers may take advantage of the 20% loyalty discount received via email).
More information: Pro-Sounds
ProSounds has released a free preset sound bank for the reFX PlastiCZ VSTi.
The FreeSet contains 32 presets by Marc Hoppe (Teksonik). This is the second free sound bank ProSounds has released for PlastiCZ, so make sure to grab the first one as well if you own PlastiCZ.
ProSounds also has FreeSets for other VSTi’s, including FabFilter One, z3ta+ and Albino, so check the FreeSets page for any sound banks that might be useful to you.
These FreeSets are a good demo of ProSounds’ quality so if you like these FreeSets, be sure to take a look at their commercial presets as well.
LinPlug has announced The Octupus, a Dual Matrix Synthesizer built in collaboration with Maxx Claster.
- Hybrid Frequency Modulation and Sampling synthesis
- 10 modulation sources and 8 modulation destinations
- 350 presets in a wide range of styles made by Nico Herz, Pro-Sounds, Summa, and Tim Conrardy
- Full cross-modulation, adjustable feedback for every oscillator
- 8 additive oscillators using sample-based or user defined waveforms
- Two independent multimode filters, are available as FM sources
- Up to 32 envelopes with multiple, syncable segments, free-run, loop and adjustable slopes
- Graphical envelope editor with sophisticated editing functions
- Envelopes can be used to modulate a wide range of parameters including amplitude, mix, panning, pitch, frequency, phase, cutoff and resonance of filters
- Stereo effects section with 4 effects (Parametric EQ, Chorus, Delay and Reverb)
- Two step sequencers each with up to 32 steps each
The Octopus is available exclusively from LinPlug for a license fee of 149 US$ / 129 Euro.
Check the LinPlug site for more information.