Universal Audio has announced UAD software v7.4.1, a public beta download for Mac users that allows Pro Tools 11 owners to take advantage of the complete UAD plug-in library.
Great news! Pro Tools 11 and AAX 64 support for UAD Powered Plug-Ins is now available as a public beta for Mac users.
The UAD v7.4.1 public beta has proven both stable and reliable in our extensive internal testing. We are currently working on full qualification testing on Mac OS X and finishing Windows 7 AAX 64 support. Both Mac and Windows will be shipping in early 2014.
UAD Software v7.4.1
- Total session and automation compatibility with earlier versions of Pro Tools
- Access to the complete library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins in AAX 64
- Seamless interoperability with Apollo series interfaces and Realtime UAD Processing
- Support for Pro Tools 11’s faster-than-realtime (offline) bounce feature
- AudioSuite processing for file-based workflows, which allows you to process files and selections with UAD plug-ins, commit the changes and free up DSP
- Multi-mono support, so you can use UAD plug-ins on surround and stereo tracks with full linking and unlinking capability
More information: Universal Audio / UAD software v7.4.1
DDMF has announced the release of AAX versions of its IIEQPro, LP10, 6144 and Directional EQ effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The four payware EQs by DDMF, 6144 EQ, DirectionalEQ, IIEQ Pro and LP10, have all been released as AAX versions, allowing them to be used in Pro Tools 11 directly.
The new versions are available for existing users at no additional charge.
The remaining DDMF effects which are not yet available in AAX format will follow over the next few weeks.
More information: DDMF
, instrument plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
u-he has announced the release of version 1.3 of its Diva virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
u-he DIVA – Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analogue Synthesizer.
This free update expands Diva’s sonic palette with the most requested modules since Diva’s introduction two years ago:
- The Uhbie, a filter modeled after a famous analogue multimode VCF. Our take on this morphs from lowpass to highpass via your choice of notch or bandpass.
- The Digital Osc, a dual oscillator with a flexible feature set reminiscent of the synthesizer that started the hardware VA revolution in the 90ies. Not only have we covered its typical waveforms such as the original Super Saw, Feedback and TriangleMod, we even gave both oscillators the full feature set! (we also sneaked in a high quality mode with less aliasing)
- An Arpeggiator! – Not to be mistaken with the recent crop of sequencers that also arpeggiate, this one pays tribute to good old analogue style arpeggiators, including some of the lesser known modes such as the “Leap” mode found in rare monophonic synths.
Other changes in Diva v1.3
- 60 new factory presets using the new modules.
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10/11!
- Vastly accelerated GUI opening.
- Many little niggles fixed.
Diva for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $179 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: u-he / Diva
Expert Sleepers has announced version 1.1.0 of Little Spacey, which is now available in AAX format for Pro Tools 10 & 11 on Mac OS X.
Little Spacey is delay effect, inspired by classic analogue ‘bucket brigade’ delays but with refinements only possible in the digital arena – not to mention a maximum delay time that would cost a small fortune to realise in hardware.
Great care has been taken to give Little Spacey the smooth, creamy sound which makes analogue delays still popular today.
Little Spacey for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $29 USD (plus VAT if applicable).
More information: Expert Sleepers / Little Spacey
Audio Ease has announced version 7.1 the Mac version of its Altiverb convolution reverb effect.
The free Altiverb 7.1 update features a new AAX 64 bit plug-in for Pro Tools 11.
Altiverb 7 is the industry standard convolution reverb plug-in. It uses top quality samples of real spaces to create reverb, ranging from Sydney Opera House to the cockpit of a Jumbo Jet.
Altiverb 7 is efficient on the cpu, offers many parameters to tweak reverb, is total recall automatable, and has 64 bit support. Every month Altiverb 7 users receive new impulse responses for free.
Changes in Altiverb v7.1 for Mac
- AAX 64 bit plug-in support for Pro Tools 11.
- Upgraded graphics for retina displays.
- 64 bits MAS plug-in for Digital Performer 8.
The update is now available to download for registered Altiverb 7 users.
More information: Audio Ease / Altiverb
, Abbey Road
, effct plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Nov 29, 2013
Softube has announced that the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of its product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit.
Today will be a brighter day! The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of Softube’s product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit. The new version is free to current Brilliance Pack owners, and offered at a generous introductory price to everybody else!
The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack consists of three unique treble equalizers, built and used at Abbey Road studios in the 1960′s. We at Softube originally developed the plug-in pack for Abbey Road, and following the recent news that Abbey Road will not continue offering their plug-ins, we are now incorporating it in Softube’s product roster.
The plug-ins have been rebuilt and updated to version 2.0, and also works for Pro Tools 11 (AAX 64 bit).
The Brilliance Pack is available to purchase for $219 USD, with an introductory price of $164 USD until January 9th, 2014. Current owners of an original license for Brilliance Pack can transfer that license into a Softube one with the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack upgrade.
More information: Softube / Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack
TC Electronic has announced a Black Friday promotion for its Master X3 multiband compression plug-in for Pro Tools.
Master X3 is built on the legacy of our game-changing Finalizer that brought professional mastering to personal studios. Ever since, users worldwide have embraced this amazing multiband compression algorithm.
If you haven’t already added it to your mastering arsenal, now’s the time to act! Today you can get it for just $249 (regular price $499).
Master X3 TDM is a Pro Tools TDM plug-in. There are no immediate plans for an AAX upgrade.
The promotion is only available November 29th, 2013.
More information: TC Electronic / Master X3
IOSONO has announced AAX support for Anymix Pro, the surround-mixing plug-in for music and post-production.
The successful surround mixing plug-in is now supporting Avid’s new AAX Native Format, ensuring a smooth workflow with new time-saving features for users of Avid’s popular digital audio workstation Pro Tools 11.
Anymix Pro AAX now also features support for Avid control surfaces via EUCON (System 5 series), Avid C|24 and ICON. The update also includes new automatable parameters and shortcuts for a better workflow. “We have received great feedback on Anymix Pro, our users have been especially happy with time saving tools like the distant-dependent feature as well as the high-quality upmixing functions. We’re always trying to incorporate user feedback into our software and so we’re happy to now offer the much awaited AAX support,” says Katja Lehmann, Marketing Manager for IOSONO.
Anymix Pro AAX 64-bit for Mac and Windows is available to purchase for 299 EUR. The update will be free for all existing Anymix Pro customers already using the VST/RTAS version.
More information: IOSONO / Anymix Pro