Flux has announced the release of the AAX Native and 64-bit compatible versions of IRCAM HEar – Binaural encoder and IRCAM Verb Session – Algorithmic session reverberation processor, built on its new Version 3 (v3) framework. Additionally, its other plug-ins have been updated to v3.1.1 Build 31018.
Version 3 Framework
The v3 framework improves the performance dramatically and for the graphic rendering it includes a GPU-efficient 2D/3D graphic engine, first introduced in the Pure Analyzer System, based on the OpenGL standard optimizing the audio-to-visual experience utilizing the GPU on the computer’s built in graphics card.
With the Flux:: v3 framework support for OSC (Open Sound Control) is introduced in order to allow for remote control of the plug-in parameters using OSC enabled devices and software applications such as TouchOSC for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad.
IRCAM HEar v3 and IRCAM Verb Session v3 are available on 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in AU, VST and AAX Native plug-in formats. The plugins are available to purchase at an introductory 50% discount for a limited time. The updates are free of charge to users of previous versions of the software (or a bundle containing it).
Changes in Flux plug-ins v3.1.1 Build 31018
- New IRCAM Tools – HEar v3.
- New IRCAM Tools – VerbSession v3.
- Fix: Mac OS X: v3: Compatibility issue with last iLok drivers and wrapped product.
- Fix: Epure v3 AAX: frequency displayed on user interface was not the good one.
- Fix: Epure AAX 64-bit: Presets not loading correctly depending on the order in which they are selected (Avid: THP-2546).
- Fix: Epure AAX 64-bit: Values change when activated for automation (Avid: THP-2547).
- Fix: Epure AAX 64-bit: I/O Routing don’t go back to previous state when checking and unchecking Link I/O Routing (Avid: THP-2548).
- Fix: Elixir V3 AAX 64: Automation not working for ‘Diff.’, ‘Make Up’ and ‘Stages’ (Avid: THP-2550).
- Fix: VerbV3: Bug in Studio One.
- Fix: Mac OS X: Audio Unit: v3: iLok authorisation issues.
- Fix: Instantiation time (too long).
- Fix: Windows: Bittersweet V3: does not install.
- Fix: ElixirV3 and BitterSweetV3: don’t bypass in Pro Tools.
- Fix: Mac OS X: Cannot load Ableton Live when these are installed.
- Fix: lots of other minor things.
- Known issue: Windows: SampleGrabber v3 AAX 32-bits: sometimes not working on some system with ProTools 10.3.6, 10.3.7; if so, please continue using the old RTAS version (PAS_SP2b).
- Known issue: Mac OS X: Audio Unit: Verb v3: – Morphing not 100 % working.
Note: On Windows, due to deep change in the installer, it is recommended to uninstall previous versions before installing this new one.
More information: Flux
Quiet Art has released version 3.0 of Wave Rider, an automatic volume control, gate, duck and trace effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Wave Rider v3 brings Pro Tools 11 compatibility with a new 64bit build. As well as making it fit into PT11, we gave the algorithm a once over and addressed the biggest request from our user base: A ratio control for signals that are above the targeted level.
Now the louder signals can be controlled in the same fashion as the quiet signals: Heavy handed or loosely. We also took advantage of a new feature of the PT11 SDK that gave us some look ahead time to play with to smooth out the volume automation even more.
The result is a much more flexible Wave Rider that allows you to take full control of how you want your signal levelled out. The new improved Wave Rider is sure to impress music mixers and post mixers alike.
Wave Rider for Windows and Mac (RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $149 USD (sales tax included where applicable). Wave Rider v2 users can upgrade for $25 USD.
More information: Wave Rider
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2013 - 0 comments
Avid has announced the S6 Control Surface, a major new addition to its industry leading family of control surfaces for sound recording, mixing and editing.
Avid S6 is designed for audio professionals in the most demanding production environments, delivering the performance needed to complete projects faster while producing the best sounding mixes. In addition, S6 provides mixing professionals with a state-of-the-art solution that easily scales to meet their current and future challenges.
“Working in ever more complex environments with fast project turnarounds, mixers need intuitive, tactile control of editing and mixing, and the ability to easily work with other artists, engineers, and facilities,” said Chris Gahagan, senior vice president of products and services at Avid. “Drawing on more than 20 years of leading edge innovation, the S6 delivers the game-changing modularity, superior ergonomics, and streamlined collaboration to meet mixers’ changing business requirements.”
Built on the same proven technology that is core to the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families, the Avid S6 enables mixers to quickly turn around complex projects while swiftly handling last-minute changes. With its unparalleled ability to simultaneously control multiple Pro Tools® and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs over simple Ethernet, S6 also speeds workflows and enables network collaboration on a single integrated platform.
- Revolutionary modular design — Adapting to every stage of a user’s business, the S6 control surface can be customized with the addition of the modules needed to match current workflow. It can be horizontally and vertically scaled as the client base grows. Pre-configured S6 M10 or S6 M40 surfaces may be purchased with the required faders, knobs, etc. already provided or, with S6 M40, further personalized with different channel control combinations.
- Superior ergonomics — A traditional, familiar console layout allows easy transition from previous systems. The multipoint touchscreen quickly and easily accesses plug-ins, large track counts, surround panning and more, while top-lit status knobs and high resolution OLEDs add operational efficiency. Additional 12.1” displays on S6 M40 systems further enhance instant project overview by providing deep visual feedback on key items such as channel names, audio meters, routing, clip names, and scrolling waveforms. Ultimate recall enables quick location for last-minute mix changes.
- Intelligent studio control — Compatible with Pro Tools and other popular EUCON-enabled DAWs, S6 enables detailed work on up to eight audio workstations simultaneously, as well as the ability to switch sessions in seconds from a single control surface across the facility. High-speed Ethernet connectivity makes it easy to reconfigure operations as business requirements dictate.
The S6 control surface will be available worldwide in Q4 2013. As a modular system, S6 is available at a variety of prices, with M10 configurations starting at $21,995 USD and M40 configurations starting at $43,480 USD.
More information: Avid / S6 Control Surface
TC Electronic has released version 1.4 of its versatile and highly acclaimed LM2 (stereo) and LM6 (multichannel) Loudness Radar Meter plugins.
With the new release, TC Electronic adds compliance with the recent 2013 revision of the ATSC A/85 broadcast standard that are mandatory for US broadcasters to adhere to.
“The new revision of the ATSC A/85 standard integrates the latest revision of the international ITU BS.1770-3 standard, which is of great importance in the efforts to make audio loudness more transparent even across national borders,” says Thomas Lund, CTO for Broadcast & Production at TC Electronic. “So it was a high priority for us to make our loudness meters compliant with this new development as we constantly work towards making audio experiences better no matter where you happen to be located.”
Apart from the ATSC A/85 2013 compliance, v. 1.4 also adds improved support for Pro Tools 11. “Measuring loudness becomes increasingly important, and every day more and more producers realize that they will benefit greatly from measuring the audio loudness of their projects,” says Thomas Valter, VP of Business Management at TC Electronic. “Therefore, it is important for us to always keep up with the latest DAW developments, making sure that we support first-movers, who port quickly to the latest incarnations of Pro Tools, Logic, Nuendo, Media Composer, etc.”
The free updates for LM2 and LM6 are now available to download.
More information: TC Electronic
Celemony has announced the release of a free update for Melodyne editor, assistant and essential, now also supporting the AAX plug-in interface and, with it, the 64-bit operation of Melodyne under Avid Pro Tools 11.
The Melodyne editor in Avid’s Pro Tools 11 digital audio workstation.
The multi-award-winning audio tool Melodyne is in use on many Pro Tools systems. With the update to Version 2.1.1, Melodyne can now also be operated under the new AAX interface of Pro Tools 11, which employs 64-bit processing. This makes clear gains in terms of both performance and reliability possible – primarily when correcting and optimizing longer recordings.
The update is free of charge for users of the current Version 2 of Melodyne editor, assistant and essential and is already available for download. Besides AAX compatibility, it also contains a variety of bugfixes and optimizations, and is therefore recommended to all users.
More information: Celemony
Waves has announced that AAX Native plugin support is now available for its products.
Waves is pleased to announce the long-awaited release of AAX Native plugin support. Waves AAX-compatible plugins are available at no additional charge for all products covered by Waves Update Plan.
So if you’ve been waiting for AAX support but your coverage has lapsed, there’s never been a better time to renew it – and take advantage of Pro Tools 11 in all its 64-bit glory!
Note: Waves V9 plugins (v9r13) and Pro Tools 11 must be installed prior to AAX Native installation.
More information: Waves
Rob Papen has announced full compatibility with Avid Pro Tools 11 and Apple Logic Pro X.
Having already introduced its advanced AAX (Avid Audio Xtension) plug-in format with Pro Tools 10 to offer better workflows and sound parity when sharing sessions between DSP-accelerated and DSP-based Pro Tools systems, Avid has now turbocharged AAX with 64-bit performance with the recent release of Pro Tools 11. Of course, Rob Papen prides itself at always being at the forefront of any such developments and now all Rob Papen products are available as 64-bit AAX plug-ins ready to run within Pro Tools 11 on both Mac or PC platforms. Existing Rob Papen product owners should simply login to their Rob Papen user account and download the latest installers for their products… for free!
Since Rob Papen made the jump to 64-bit compatibility early on to take advantage of improved performance via suitable host applications accessing increased RAM, its current products are already compatible with Apple’s recently-released 64-bit architecture-based Logic Pro X. As such, any Rob Papen users who are still running 32-bit versions of their products and planning to migrate to Logic Pro X should simply login to their Rob Papen user account and download the latest 64-bit Mac installers for whatever products they own to ensure continued compatibility — again, for free!
Pro Tools II or Logic Pro X? The choice is yours. Whatever way you choose to go, rest assured you’ll be good to go with the latest Inspiration Soundware from Rob Papen!
More information: Rob Papen
Sonivox has announced full support of the new AAX plug-in format for Avid Pro Tools 11 with the latest releases of 6 of its software instruments.
Pro Tools 11 is the latest and most powerful version of the industry-leading music and audio production platform. In addition to a new 64-bit architecture, Pro Tools 11 makes full use of the Avid Audio eXtension (AAX) plug-in format. SONiVOX has created enhanced and up-to-date versions of six popular software programs that take full advantage of both the AAX format and Pro Tools 11. The six software instruments that support the AAX plug-in format are:
- Twist 2.1 – Spectral Morphing Synthesizer
- Wobble 2.1 – Dubstep Grime Generator
- Vocalizer Pro 1.1 – Vocoder Musical Instrument
- Big Bang Universal Drums 2.1 – Flagship Drum Instrument
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.1 – Cinematic Percussion Instrument
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.1 – Flagship Piano with Splits & Layers
Version 2.0 owners (or Vocalizer Pro Version 1.0) are entitled to a free update. Current owners of earlier versions can purchase an attractively priced online upgrade.
More information: Sonivox