DLD Technology has launched Snakebite, a mono-synthesizer Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Snakebite is a hybrid digital analog synthesizer which is designed to make sounds that aren’t possible using traditional virtual analog (VA) synth design.
- Triple oscillator with variable shape and morph controls.
- 18db highly resonant low pass filter.
- Venom control for filter overdrive.
- Pre-filter bitcrush for extra harmonics.
- Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) delay.
- Binaural sub audio bass (8-15Hz).
- Flexible matrix LFO / CV routing.
- Low DSP usage.
- Glowing snake eyes(!)
Snakebite is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: DLD Technology / Snakebite
Audiotechracy has announced the release of the Rock and Metal drums ReFill, a free sound library for Propellerhead Reason.
To get around the usual pit falls of drawing a drum track with a mouse I have completely avoided that and sampled some Rock and Metal drum tracks directly. I have sourced myself some isolated drum takes and cut these down into loops that are beat matched and synced perfectly.
I have used a noise gate to remove most of the mic bleed from the studio sessions and also the added digital reverb and natural reverb from the original recording as much as possible. This leaves you with around 170 free, dry loops to use in your tracks.
I have then divided these up into the sub folders of ‘Classic Thrash’, ‘Dark Breakdown’, ‘High Tempo Thrash’, ‘Nu Factory’, ‘Power Groove’, ‘Punk Drums’ and two sets of straight ahead rock samples.You can drop these wave files straight into any DAW you have that will accept the .wav format and play around with them as you wish.
Some people will be quite happy manually tempo syncing and beat matching these loops to their projects, however if you are a bit less confident about your ability to work with samples in this manner I have also converted them all into REX files for you!
The ReFill is a free download at Audiotechracy.
More information: Audiotechracy / Rock and Metal drums ReFill
ModeAudio has released Dream Patterns, a collection of House presets for the Thor synthesizer in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Packed with a huge variety of colourful sounds, Dream Patterns – Thor House Presets takes you from smooth, buttery basslines and rhythmic afterglow chords to shimmering pads and vibrant leads. The full spectrum of contemporary House music is represented in this collection, to suit anything from blissed-out Downtempo and Chillwave to the slickest Minimal and most vital EDM.
We’ve made full use of Reason’s powerful Thor synthesiser to bring you expert sounds made using all of the synthesis techniques Thor provides, with unique combinations and futuristic sound design to boot. All of Thor’s macro controls are assigned for fast access to the most interesting parameters. There are also 10 bespoke Combinator patches with layered sounds and judicious effects processing to ramp up the possibilities even further. 45 MIDI loops are also included so that you can get started straight away.
The presets pack is available to purchase for £15 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio / Dream Patterns
Propellerhead Software has announced a limited time Reason 7 Special Offer, offering two Korg synthesizer instruments with a purchase of the Reason 7 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Korg Polysix and Korg Mono/Poly are two of the most popular Rack Extension instruments, now you can get them for free with your Reason 7 purchase (full version or Student/Teacher).
Purchase Reason before February 28th 2014 and register online to get your free download of the Korg instruments—software versions of these iconic analog synths from the 80s, with the same sounds and same hands on interface as the originals.
Reason 7 is available to purchase for 369 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
Rob Papen has announced the release of PunchBD-RE, a kick drum synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
PunchBD-RE, a versatile & easy to use bass drum synthesizer for your Reason Rack.
With PunchBD-RE you get two modelled synthesizer drum modules, a click/noise module and a sample module to help you shape the main beat for your productions. From Dance and electronic and Hiphop to soundtrack. PunchBD-RE has it covered.
With further filters, envelopes, modulation routings and CV on the back you can take your bass drum sounds one step further to provide a solid sound to your productions. The bass drum is an essential part of building a track and this is where PunchBD-RE will deliver!
- 2x Synth Bass Drum modules.
- 1x Sampled Bass Drum module including various samples plus Rob Papen Library samples.
- 1x Noise/Click module.
- Play Mode for tuned percussion.
- 1x Filter Unit(various types).
- 1x Distortion unit(various types) with switches to route to the different modules.
- Envelope/ LFO /Modulation section.
- Back panel features:
- Gate CV/Note CV.
- Audio in for modulation/audio through into Distortion/Filter.
- Separate audio outs for each module.
- CV ins for modulation.
- CV Out / Gate for envelope / LFO.
PunchBD-RE is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR / $49 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 49 EUR / $59 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / PunchBD-RE
Selig Audio has launched the Selig DeEsser, a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
The Selig DeEsser is an advanced vocal DeEsser that not only allows you to accurately detect and reduce sibilance found at any level in a vocal track, but also to extract all sibilance to its own mixer channel in real time.
Despite this sophistication the Selig DeEsser couldn’t be simpler: many users may find instant success with the default settings! There are no thresholds to set, no EQs to fine-tune, and no filters of any sort in the audio path. This provides you with the cleanest signal and simplest setup possible in a de-esser.
Selig DeEsser features
- Intelligent Sibilance Detection algorithm.
- No threshold to set.
- D-S extraction mode.
- Unique V-S extraction mode.
- Can route voice and sibilance channels.
- Simplest set-up.
- Perfect for all de-essing needs.
Selig DeEsser is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 49 EUR.
More information: Selig Audio / Selig DeEsser
Related: Adam Fielding
, James Miles
, Jeremy Janzen
, Lewis Osborne
, Navi Retlav
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Rack Extension
, samples and sound libraries
, Shaun Wallace
Posted in news
on Dec 09, 2013
Nucleus SoundLab has announced Hyperdrive, a ReFill for the Parsec synthesizer instrument by Propellerhead Software.
The first additive synth for Propellerhead Reason is now available – the Parsec Spectral Synthesizer. Parsec is truly an amazing piece of audio engineering, capable of sounds that would simply never be possible in the virtual analog realm of Thor and Subtractor. Today Nucleus SoundLab has released the first Reason ReFill created specifically for the Parsec Rack Extension – Hyperdrive. Are you ready to blast off into the spectral reaches of Reason?
Hyperdrive contains a full palette of new sounds for Parsec, suitable for a variety of electronic music genres – such as ambient, IDM, trance, or filmscore. Nucleus SoundLab has employed five experienced sound designers to produce a ReFill of truly varied scope. Inside Hyperdrive you’ll find their work has produced Blade Runner-esque FX, piercing psychedelic leads, glassy sweeping pads, hybrid Parsec/Thor duets as well deep sci-fi atmospheres.
The same quality customers have come to expect from Nucleus SoundLab is well-represented in Hyperdrive: Unique Combinators with unique Combinator controls; Parsec patches that make up each Combinator are individually available; full categorization of both Combinators and device patches; careful volume-balancing for every single patch. Together, Parsec and Hyperdrive are the perfect combination to propel your electronic music productions to vast new aural galaxies!
- 128 unique Combinators across eight categories.
- 178 Parsec device patches.
- 2 demo songs packed inside the ReFill.
- All Combinator rotaries/buttons/modwheel uniquely mapped.
- Patches designed by veteran Reason sound designers – Adam Fielding, Shaun Wallace, Lewis Osborne, Navi Retlav, James Miles and Jeremy Janzen.
- Requires: Parsec Rack Extension.
Hyperdrive is available to purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Nucleus SoundLab / Hyperdrive