Detunized has announced the release of Electromagnetic, a collection of ReFill Combinators and instrument patches that source their sounds from various computers upon booting, reading from CD-ROM, accessing WiFi, formatting hard disks or floppies.
All these often unwanted and disturbing noises where captured with several contact microphones and induction coils that revealed a deep look into the streams of electrons and bits. Once pulled to daylight it shows that these serenades of hums and crosstalks have far more potential than just producing a wall of buzz. So a good amount of the sourced noises is even capable of forming tunable sounds, rhythmic structures and sophisticated beat patterns.
Including 70 Combinators that are built up of 198 subpatches with access to more than 150 samples Electromagnetic addresses to sound designers and composers likewise.
- 70 Combinator Patches with multiple mapped controls and switches.
- 2 Kong Kits.
- 32 Kong Modules.
- 158 NN-19 Patches.
- 6 NNXT Patches.
- 158 Samples (24 Bit, 44.1 kHz).
- 230 MB overall content (extracted).
Electromagnetic ReFill is available as a download from the Propellerhead Shop for 29 EUR.
More information: Detunized / Electromagnetic
DLD Technology has launched Snakebite, a mono-synthesizer Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Snakebite is a hybrid digital analog synthesizer which is designed to make sounds that aren’t possible using traditional virtual analog (VA) synth design.
- Triple oscillator with variable shape and morph controls.
- 18db highly resonant low pass filter.
- Venom control for filter overdrive.
- Pre-filter bitcrush for extra harmonics.
- Bucket Brigade Device (BBD) delay.
- Binaural sub audio bass (8-15Hz).
- Flexible matrix LFO / CV routing.
- Low DSP usage.
- Glowing snake eyes(!)
Snakebite is available to purchase for 25 EUR.
More information: DLD Technology / Snakebite
Audiotechracy has announced the release of the Rock and Metal drums ReFill, a free sound library for Propellerhead Reason.
To get around the usual pit falls of drawing a drum track with a mouse I have completely avoided that and sampled some Rock and Metal drum tracks directly. I have sourced myself some isolated drum takes and cut these down into loops that are beat matched and synced perfectly.
I have used a noise gate to remove most of the mic bleed from the studio sessions and also the added digital reverb and natural reverb from the original recording as much as possible. This leaves you with around 170 free, dry loops to use in your tracks.
I have then divided these up into the sub folders of ‘Classic Thrash’, ‘Dark Breakdown’, ‘High Tempo Thrash’, ‘Nu Factory’, ‘Power Groove’, ‘Punk Drums’ and two sets of straight ahead rock samples.You can drop these wave files straight into any DAW you have that will accept the .wav format and play around with them as you wish.
Some people will be quite happy manually tempo syncing and beat matching these loops to their projects, however if you are a bit less confident about your ability to work with samples in this manner I have also converted them all into REX files for you!
The ReFill is a free download at Audiotechracy.
More information: Audiotechracy / Rock and Metal drums ReFill
ModeAudio has released Dream Patterns, a collection of House presets for the Thor synthesizer in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Packed with a huge variety of colourful sounds, Dream Patterns – Thor House Presets takes you from smooth, buttery basslines and rhythmic afterglow chords to shimmering pads and vibrant leads. The full spectrum of contemporary House music is represented in this collection, to suit anything from blissed-out Downtempo and Chillwave to the slickest Minimal and most vital EDM.
We’ve made full use of Reason’s powerful Thor synthesiser to bring you expert sounds made using all of the synthesis techniques Thor provides, with unique combinations and futuristic sound design to boot. All of Thor’s macro controls are assigned for fast access to the most interesting parameters. There are also 10 bespoke Combinator patches with layered sounds and judicious effects processing to ramp up the possibilities even further. 45 MIDI loops are also included so that you can get started straight away.
The presets pack is available to purchase for £15 GBP.
More information: ModeAudio
Propellerhead Software has announced a limited time Reason 7 Special Offer, offering two Korg synthesizer instruments with a purchase of the Reason 7 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Korg Polysix and Korg Mono/Poly are two of the most popular Rack Extension instruments, now you can get them for free with your Reason 7 purchase (full version or Student/Teacher).
Purchase Reason before February 28th 2014 and register online to get your free download of the Korg instruments—software versions of these iconic analog synths from the 80s, with the same sounds and same hands on interface as the originals.
Reason 7 is available to purchase for 369 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
Rob Papen has announced the release of PunchBD-RE, a kick drum synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
PunchBD-RE, a versatile & easy to use bass drum synthesizer for your Reason Rack.
With PunchBD-RE you get two modelled synthesizer drum modules, a click/noise module and a sample module to help you shape the main beat for your productions. From Dance and electronic and Hiphop to soundtrack. PunchBD-RE has it covered.
With further filters, envelopes, modulation routings and CV on the back you can take your bass drum sounds one step further to provide a solid sound to your productions. The bass drum is an essential part of building a track and this is where PunchBD-RE will deliver!
- 2x Synth Bass Drum modules.
- 1x Sampled Bass Drum module including various samples plus Rob Papen Library samples.
- 1x Noise/Click module.
- Play Mode for tuned percussion.
- 1x Filter Unit(various types).
- 1x Distortion unit(various types) with switches to route to the different modules.
- Envelope/ LFO /Modulation section.
- Back panel features:
- Gate CV/Note CV.
- Audio in for modulation/audio through into Distortion/Filter.
- Separate audio outs for each module.
- CV ins for modulation.
- CV Out / Gate for envelope / LFO.
PunchBD-RE is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR / $49 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 49 EUR / $59 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / PunchBD-RE