Psychic Modulation has announced the release of Phonec, a virtual synthesizer instrument that is best described as an ‘analog flux synthesizer’.
Inspired by the mystique of video logo synth scores from worn out VHS tapes, Phonec was primarily designed with character in mind.
However Phonec is capable of producing a wide range of sounds such as vintage analogue tones, lo-fi synthscapes, ethereal pads, minimal techno sequences, and synthwave leads and basses.
Phonec has an intuitive GUI that attempts to strike a balance between form and function, making it a very usable tool that can be a real inspiration to work with. Apart from it’s unique character and smooth workflow, Phonec has several interesting features that set it apart from the crowd.
- Dual oscillators that can be combined in various ways.
- Analog style oscillator drifting.
- A unique Melt feature that adds instant character to any patch.
- Accent Sequencer.
- 3 LFOs (2 monophonic, 1 polyphonic).
- HFO (High Frequency Oscillator).
- 2 Modulation Envelopes.
- Echoshifter Delay Unit.
- Universal Value Display.
- Double Click Parameter Reset.
- 128 presets.
Phonec for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $34 USD.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Phonec
Psychic Modulation has announced Phonec, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Phonec is an analog synth with lots of character and plenty of unusual features.
Phonec is an analog synth with a particular sound in mind. I got the inspiration from watching old 1980s VHS logos. You know the ones that flash across the screen before a movie. Alot of these had short analogue synth scores, but the fact that most of these were on VHS tape, which if watched today would be a very worn out VHS tape, gave that unstable synth sound an even more bizarre character. In fact I love this sound, and it’s the main inspiration behind the initial concept of Phonec.
However, during development, this concept grew into much more than trying to recreate strange nostalgic sounds from my childhood, it became a really usable synth. Very programmable, with some interesting features uncommon in alot of VAs.
Phonic is scheduled for release mid-August, 2012.
More information: Psychic Modulation
Related: Dangerous Bear
, Dusted William Sounds
, H.G. Fortune
, Hardcore Harmonics
, Indie Dev Collective
, Manytone Music
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Perimeter Sound
, Psychic Modulation
, Westgate Sounds
Posted in news
on May 09, 2011
Indie Dev Collective has announced the IDC Spring 2011 Sale, a limited time collaborative sale featuring various synth & effect plugins and soundware products.
We’re back with our most diverse sale yet.
Featuring 14 developers, including four new IDC members, bring you some of their latest synths, effects, samples, loops, presets, and even a host – all on sale at the same time, direct to you, with prices cut up to 65% off for this limited time sales event.
IDC Spring 2011 Sale
- 26 deals on over 55 products.
- Participating developers: Dangerous Bear Underground, Dusted William Sounds, H.G. Fortune, Hardcore Harmonics | Supersynths, IMEA, Manytone, Mildon Studios, Nucleus Soundlab, Perimeter Sound Arts, Psychic Modulation, Ugo, Westgate Sounds, whiteLABEL, xoxos.
The IDC Spring 2011 Sale is available until May 23rd, 2011.
More information: Indie Dev Collective
Psychic Modulation has announced the release of Dubtron, a bass synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Dubtron is an Experimental Bass Synth designed for dubstep wobble bass, and more obscure bass sounds. Dubtron’s two oscillator sections utilize a special Unison detune feature where each voice has it’s own width control as well as drifting for a slow phasing effect. The filter’s each have a ‘Wub’ generator, which is the main feature responsible for that wobble effect. Layer in a sub oscillator and you’ve got a serious bass machine.
These features along with various randomizers and FM capabilities give an experimental edge to your basslines, allowing for Dubtron to be used not only for bass, but also for unexpected, even atmospheric sounds.
- 2 Unison Pulse Oscillators with multiple wave shapes.
- 1 Sub Oscillator with FM capabilities.
- 2 Filters with Graphical Envelopes.
- Wub section for each filter, produces the classic dubstep wobble.
- Randomizer for wub rate, filter cutoff and Sub FM.
- FX section ranging from flanger to bathtub style delay.
- Wub speed is set to key range and can be reversed.
- Wub can be retriggered by each bar to ensure beat matching.
Dubtron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $24 USD. A demo version is available with the limitation of occasion sound dropouts.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Dubtron
Psychic Modulation has released Cerebrum:c4, an Intelligent Groove Machine for Windows.
Cerebrum is a pattern based drum machine with an onboard bassline synth. There are 8 drums total, each with it’s own sequencer with various randomization and velocity features. Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly, with features like the Pattern Playlist and Random Probability, that ensure your rhythms stay interesting. Your beats can then be sent into the Multi-Band FX processor, split into three bands, distorted, crushed and destroyed and then squashed with the overall compressor for getting that classic ‘pumping’ effect with ease.
- 8 drum modules.
- Bass arp-synth module.
- Versatile sequencers for each drum module including bass synth.
- Pattern Playlist feature for switching between 4 patterns, manually or automatically.
- Random Probability options for each sequencer.
- Aux module for external audio processing.
- Multi-Band FX section with compressor.
- Host sync or manual tempo.
- Midi triggering of each sequencer on individual keys.
- Toggle behavior options for midi triggering.
- Mute/solo switches.
- Multiple audio outputs.
Cerebrum:c4 is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $49 USD. A demo version of Cerebrum is available to download from the product page (fully functional with the exception of an occasional sound dropout).
More information: Psychic Modulation / Cerebrum