Psychic Modulation has announced Phonec, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Phonec is an analog synth with lots of character and plenty of unusual features.
Phonec is an analog synth with a particular sound in mind. I got the inspiration from watching old 1980s VHS logos. You know the ones that flash across the screen before a movie. Alot of these had short analogue synth scores, but the fact that most of these were on VHS tape, which if watched today would be a very worn out VHS tape, gave that unstable synth sound an even more bizarre character. In fact I love this sound, and it’s the main inspiration behind the initial concept of Phonec.
However, during development, this concept grew into much more than trying to recreate strange nostalgic sounds from my childhood, it became a really usable synth. Very programmable, with some interesting features uncommon in alot of VAs.
Phonic is scheduled for release mid-August, 2012.
More information: Psychic Modulation
Related: Dangerous Bear
, Dusted William Sounds
, H.G. Fortune
, Hardcore Harmonics
, Indie Dev Collective
, Manytone Music
, Nucleus SoundLab
, Perimeter Sound
, Psychic Modulation
, Westgate Sounds
Posted in news
on May 09, 2011 - 0 comments
Indie Dev Collective has announced the IDC Spring 2011 Sale, a limited time collaborative sale featuring various synth & effect plugins and soundware products.
We’re back with our most diverse sale yet.
Featuring 14 developers, including four new IDC members, bring you some of their latest synths, effects, samples, loops, presets, and even a host – all on sale at the same time, direct to you, with prices cut up to 65% off for this limited time sales event.
IDC Spring 2011 Sale
- 26 deals on over 55 products.
- Participating developers: Dangerous Bear Underground, Dusted William Sounds, H.G. Fortune, Hardcore Harmonics | Supersynths, IMEA, Manytone, Mildon Studios, Nucleus Soundlab, Perimeter Sound Arts, Psychic Modulation, Ugo, Westgate Sounds, whiteLABEL, xoxos.
The IDC Spring 2011 Sale is available until May 23rd, 2011.
More information: Indie Dev Collective
Psychic Modulation has announced the release of Dubtron, a bass synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Dubtron is an Experimental Bass Synth designed for dubstep wobble bass, and more obscure bass sounds. Dubtron’s two oscillator sections utilize a special Unison detune feature where each voice has it’s own width control as well as drifting for a slow phasing effect. The filter’s each have a ‘Wub’ generator, which is the main feature responsible for that wobble effect. Layer in a sub oscillator and you’ve got a serious bass machine.
These features along with various randomizers and FM capabilities give an experimental edge to your basslines, allowing for Dubtron to be used not only for bass, but also for unexpected, even atmospheric sounds.
- 2 Unison Pulse Oscillators with multiple wave shapes.
- 1 Sub Oscillator with FM capabilities.
- 2 Filters with Graphical Envelopes.
- Wub section for each filter, produces the classic dubstep wobble.
- Randomizer for wub rate, filter cutoff and Sub FM.
- FX section ranging from flanger to bathtub style delay.
- Wub speed is set to key range and can be reversed.
- Wub can be retriggered by each bar to ensure beat matching.
Dubtron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $24 USD. A demo version is available with the limitation of occasion sound dropouts.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Dubtron
Psychic Modulation has released Cerebrum:c4, an Intelligent Groove Machine for Windows.
Cerebrum is a pattern based drum machine with an onboard bassline synth. There are 8 drums total, each with it’s own sequencer with various randomization and velocity features. Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly, with features like the Pattern Playlist and Random Probability, that ensure your rhythms stay interesting. Your beats can then be sent into the Multi-Band FX processor, split into three bands, distorted, crushed and destroyed and then squashed with the overall compressor for getting that classic ‘pumping’ effect with ease.
- 8 drum modules.
- Bass arp-synth module.
- Versatile sequencers for each drum module including bass synth.
- Pattern Playlist feature for switching between 4 patterns, manually or automatically.
- Random Probability options for each sequencer.
- Aux module for external audio processing.
- Multi-Band FX section with compressor.
- Host sync or manual tempo.
- Midi triggering of each sequencer on individual keys.
- Toggle behavior options for midi triggering.
- Mute/solo switches.
- Multiple audio outputs.
Cerebrum:c4 is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $49 USD. A demo version of Cerebrum is available to download from the product page (fully functional with the exception of an occasional sound dropout).
More information: Psychic Modulation / Cerebrum
Psychic Modulation has released version 1.2 of Aethereal, an ambient vector synth for creating evolving atmospheres and textures.
Aethereal has been updated to v1.2 with improved sound, lower cpu usage, and some extra features that make it better than ever. Also to replace the demo version is a fully-functional freeware version with a few limitations.
Changes in Aethereal v1.2
- Overall sound improvements.
- Added pitch drifting controls to each wave oscillator.
- Improved delay section w/ feedback damping.
- Updated filter section w/ keytracking.
- GUI improvements.
- Various minor bugfixes & improvements.
Aethereal is available to purchase as a VST instrument for Windows PC, priced at $39 USD.
Psychic Modulation has also recently released Metatron.
Metatron designed specifically for the KVR Developer Challenge 2009, is a 2 oscillator analogue synthesizer with an arpeggiator that works alongside a gated modulation sequencer for creating unique rythmic patterns and sounds. The oscillator section uses waveforms that double up to create a phasing effect similar to pulse width, but for each waveform. This along with a powefull unison detune section and ring modulator give Metatron a rich, fat sound. With the addition of versatile graphical envelopes, LFO’s and other modulation options, Metatron becomes an instrument that can create complex sounds, but at the same time keeps it simple without trying to do everything, making it a perfect ‘go to’ synth for one-finger basslines, rhythmic techno leads, spacey gated pads and other creative arpeggiated sequences.
Metatron is available to download as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Aethereal / Metatron
Psychic Modulation has released version 3.5 of Cerebrum-3, a hybrid groovebox-style drum machine comprised of 5 drum synth modules, over 150 built-in drum sounds and an onboard bassline synth.
Each drum section has it’s own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching, as well as an Auto-Mix function.
Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
Cerebrum-3 v3.5 features
- 4 drum synth modules.
- 5 drum sample synth modules.
- 1 bass synth module.
- Kick, snare, hihat and percussion1 are drumsynth modules that each include imbedded samples for layering.
- The 2nd percussion drum is a dedicated imbedded sample synth with it’s own Wavlayer for layering with user samples.
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module.
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer.
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer(for gain, reverse, glide, glitch etc.).
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer(for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate etc.).
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer.
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, direction, length, etc..
- Host sync.
- MIDI options for triggering each sequencer.
- Each drum sequencer can be assigned to be triggered by a seperate key.
- Bass sequencer can be assigned to different octave ranges.
- Polyphonic option for all synths as well bass sequencer.
- Volume/Panning vectors.
- Onboard drum mixer.
- Mute/solo switches for each module.
- patch randomization for each module.
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6).
- 32 presets.
Cerebrum-3 is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for $19.95 USD. A free single output version is available for download from the product page.
More information: Psychic Modulation / Cerebrum-3
Psychic Modulation has re-released Subconscious, a dual arpeggiation sequence synth with oscillator crossfading, feedback modulation, and independent filter and amp envelopes for both oscillator sections.
Subconscious which was recently discontinued featured several presets designed by Tim Conrardy who has passed away recently. This VSTi will be released as freeware in his memory. Tim was so kind to help me out by providing these wonderful presets, I believe it’s something that should be shared with the VST world. I really like his “Totem” presets found under ‘Rythmic Pads’.
Subconscious is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC and can be downloaded here.