Psychic Modulation has released Cerebrum 3, a groovebox-style synth/sampler hybrid drum machine featuring seven drumsynth modules as well as a bass synth module, each with it’s own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching.
Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
- 4 drum synth modules
- 3 drum sample synth modules
- 1 bass synth module
- Each of the 7 drum modules has it’s own Wavlayer for layering with user samples
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer(for gain, reverse, glide, glitch etc.)
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer(for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate etc.)
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, direction, length, etc.
- Host sync
- Separate keyboard mappings for drumlines, bassline and one-shot drums
- Polyphonic option for all synths
- Volume/Panning vectors
- Onboard drum mixer
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6)
- 32 presets
Check this mp3 for a demo of Cerebrum 3 (using 3 instances of Cerebrum 3 only).
Cerebrum is available for $34.95 USD and can be bundled with the Neurosynth Pack or purchased separately.
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information and a link to download the demo of Cerebrum 3.
Psychic Modulation has released Cubix v1.0.1, a drumsynth/sampleplayer with an onboard arpeggiated bassline synth officially designed for the KVR Developer Challenge.
Cubix has 4 drum sections (Kick, Snare, Hihat and Perc, but they can be anything really) which can be randomized, mixed and matched. It’s real easy to get a cool beat going and you can manipulate a lot on the fly. Add a bass synth with arpeggiator and plenty modulation options and you’re all set to get a serious groove going (and have some serious fun while you’re at it)!
This one is another real gem in the KVR DC collection, so make sure to try it out.
Changes in v1.0.1
- fixed: incorrect Hihat sequence mixer MIDI assignment
- fixed: bass was still audible when all level sliders were down
- added: wavlayer bypass switches
- new: wavlayers can now load longer samples
- new: includes a few extra samples
The updated version is not yet published on the Cubix download page so get it here.
Les Productions Zvon has updated ZAMP to version 1.3. ZAMP is a freeware VSTi sample player which can load and play 3 wav files simultaneously. It was exclusively designed for Les Productions Zvon by Psychic Modulation and is based on their Cortex drum sampler.
New in v1.3
- Added multi-mode filters
- Amp/pitch envelopes are now independant to each wavplayer
- Changed ‘pitch’ envelope to ‘mod’ envelope, which can modulate pitch or filters
- Fixed playback of stereo waves
Visit Les Productions Zvon for more information and a link to download ZAMP v1.3.
Psychic Modulation has released Paradigm Shifter v3.0 VST.
Paradigm Shifter is a freeware beat shifting delay mangler with lots of modulation options.
- Shifter Section: Can produce strange results from subtle phaser type effects to extreme FSU style madness. Comes with on-board sequencer for modulating the shifter speed.
- Filter Section: Making use of David Haupt‘s brilliant Multi-filter module complete with gain compensation, and multiple stages. Following the filter is a subtle distortion for beefing up the sound. The filter has it’s own sequencer for modulating the cutoff frequency.
- Delay Section: Stereo delay section with dual sequencer for modulating the delay rate and feedback. The delay has left and right panners for spreading out the delay.
- Each effect section can be turned on/off and has it’s own hidden panel for extra options
- Each sequencer can be paused, switch direction and change speed
- Shifter and filter sequencers have glide controls for gliding the modulation between steps
Visit Psychic Modulation for more information and a link to download Paradigm Shifter v3.0 VST.
Many improvements including new sophisticated filter section, onboard dual delay and a d-stabilizer for creating the analogue feel of unstable tuning.
Previous 1.5 version released as freeware!
Check the Psychic Modulation website for more information and downloads.