u-he has released version 0.9.3 rev2566 of the public beta of Bazille, the hybrid modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We extended the Beta-period for Bazille rev2566 until end of August 2014. This gives you an other month of free Public Beta Testing.
Here is the Public Beta registration info again:
User Name: Public Beta
We fixed loads of bugs and added many improvements to rev2566.
Please test Bazille thoroughly, focus on the stuff in the change log and dig deep into all areas. In particular: Please explore Bazille’s voice circuit and report clicks, pops, odd and weird sounds.
Changes in Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
- Added choice of gamma adjustments to GUI editor for brightness control (right-click on GUI).
- Added UI scaling in steps of 10% (right-click on GUI).
- Mouse Wheel can be rastered (For rastered mouses to ensure integer steps) -> right-click on a knob or slider.
- Reworked GearPorn skin (kudos to Basti!) -> right-click GUI to change between Original and GearPorn skin.
- Patch cable colors are now saved with the Preset.
- Reworked Installers for OS X and WIN.
- Updated manual.
- Added many other small improvements.
- Many bugs fixed.
The new public beta is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio. A license for Bazille is available for purchase at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information: u-he / Bazille v0.9.3 rev2566
Cableguys has launched a Curve 2 beta version, in which users can help test a new way its plugins connect to the online presets library.
Some of our plugins can connect to an online sound library to backup and to share sounds and ratings.
Very rarely some users could not connect to the online library and we guess that it relates to some routers’ behavior (if it’s not the firewall) .. the kind of bugs that are impossible for us to reproduce on our own systems. Nevertheless we’ve just changed the way our plugins connect to the online library. To verify that this works perfectly, we need your help!
We hope that the new version is rock-solid, but who knows, maybe it can still fail with a few setups / routers / Internet connections. To find this out, it would be great if many of you can download the new Curve 2 beta version and give it a test.
A 30% coupon will be provided to everyone who helps with this beta and and provides Cableguys with feedback.
More information: Cableguys / Curve 2 beta
Admiral Quality has released version 1.20 beta 1 of Poly-Ana, the virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
We’ve finally got OSX 64 bit support in both Poly-Ana and SCAMP, as well as a new, key-file based copy protection system (so customers won’t have to ask us for new or additional keys anymore). As so much has changed in these products in order to support the new platforms, we’ve put both BACK TO BETA to make sure they get well tested.
As we always do, during the BETA period our products are on sale for HALF PRICE! Our flagship “virtual analog” synth plug-in, Poly-Ana, is currently a mere $89.98 USD, her preset player little sister, L’il Poly-Ana is $47.98 USD, and the analog modeled, envelope following filter effect that started it all, SCAMP, is only $34.97 USD. Regular prices will resume after the 1.20 BETA period, but we don’t know how long the BETAs will run for, so you’ll want to try these products as soon as you can so you don’t miss your chance at these rare deals.
Poly-Ana is available for purchase for $89.98 USD during the beta period.
More information: Admiral Quality / Poly-Ana
Ichiro Toda has released version 1.13 beta 2 of the Windows version of Synth1, a freeware synthesizer instrument.
Synth1 is a software synthesizer. Functionally it is modelled on the Clavia Nord Lead 2 Red Synth.
Changes in Synth1 v1.13 beta2
- A new filter “LPDL” has been added in filter section.
- It is a low-pass filter modeled after the diode ladder mounted on TB303, etc.
- It is close to “LP24″ Because it is the filter of the fourth order, but it is fat and darker than “LP24″ feel.
- Lower frequency also increase the resonance does not decrease. I think that it fits well in the synth bass.
- This filter is over-sampling process if the sampling frequency is 44.1/48KHz.
- Accuracy of the square wave has been improved. (8 multiple detune of osc1 are excluded)
- Cut-off frequency of the “LP24″ is now moving more smoothly.
- Fixed a problem that a big noise has occurred at synth1 startup once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the LFO is not synchronized with the DAW once in a while.
- Fixed a problem that the sound of synth1 is greatly changed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
- Fixed a problem that DAW is crushed once in a while when you change the sampling frequency in DAW.
The new beta is available to download for Windows (32/64-bit VST).
More information: Synth1
u-he has launched the third Bazille Patch Competition, a sound design contest in which you have a chance to win u-he products and store vouchers.
As Bazille is still free (public beta serial number), we’re starting another SOUND DESIGN contest! Another chance to win u-he products
This time around there are 4 categories:
1. The Modular Lead
Synth sounds that beg to be played on a Keytar, patches that invite virtuosity yet still bear the Bazille ‘stamp’.
2. Drums & Percussion
One-shot drum and percussion sounds. Realistic or otherwise. No loops, but expressive percussion sounds, kits, bongos or even church bells.
3. Mod Seq Abuse
The technical innovation category: the Modulation Sequencer. Can it make a sound on its own? How far can you go beyond one-finger-melodies?
4. Monster From The Deep, episode 3
This is the freestyle category. RELEASE THE BEAST.
The deadline for submitting patches is July 17th, 2014, 12.59 pm CET.
More information: u-he / Bazille Patch Competition #3
u-he has posted a new public beta version of Bazille, a modular synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
This hasn’t gone through proper internal testing yet, but as the public beta serial expires on Tuesday, we thought you’d appreciate a quick update with a month’s extension.
We’re now almost through with the things we still wanted to do, but we might not be there for a final release yet.
Changes in Bazille rev2435
- UI scaling in steps of 10% (let us know what you think) Note: Scope not yet fixed for resize.
- Voice Control rewritten for multi-MIDI-channel support (Poly mode acts as “Note Expressions For Anyone” where notes played on a distinct channel receive PitchBend, AT/PolyAT, ModWheel, BC and Expression just on that channel. Mono/Legato modes work like 16 separate instances, one on each channel aka “Guitar Mode”). This stuff does not yet work in Duo mode.
- on the same subject, much of the Notestealing trouble fixed.
- New “gearporn” skin added – everything on one *busy* page, no tabbed interface.
- Snapshot copy/paste/interpolate should work now.
- A lot more things undo/redo-able.
- Improved TapMap (less aliasing, proper gain, fixed loading from presets in Multicore mode).
- Thru-Zero FM depth independent of quality (automatic fix for existing presets).
- Global Finetune now in real Cents (automatic fix for existing presets).
The new public beta is available to download from the u-he forum. Bazille is available to purchase at a 30% discount for a limited time.
More information: u-he / Bazille
LinPlug has announced a public beta for the Windows version of its Spectral synthesizer instrument.
If you are familiar with subtractive synthesis, you will feel right at home with the Spectral, because you can choose an oscillator waveform, choose a filter shape and go on from there. But Spectral delivers far more options than you would expect from the well sorted user interface. Both Oscillator Waveform and Filter Shape can be edited in depth and modulated. This unique audio engine is capable of delivering many sounds never heard before.
Changes in Spectral 1.1 beta
- 66 Effects parameter can now be modulated via Matrix.
- Matrix now with 24 slots.
- Improved Oscillator FM cross-modulation.
- Delay-MD now with separate High-Pass/Low-Pass filter.
- Delay-Stereo now with ability to switch Filter in Feedback loop.
- Fixed LFO Mono/Single mode now also copied/pasted.
- Fixed Resonance not part of audio stream for cross-modulation.
- Fixed various filters were not ok @ 96 kHz.
- Fixed Glide Constant Rate modulation now working (was always constant time).
- Fixed Arp Glide not correct if the notes are of same note number.
- Fixed Arp Sounds may stop arbitrarily.
- Fixed LFO speed changes are applied much faster.
The public beta is available to download for Windows (VST). The public beta for Mac will follow later.
More information: LinPlug