Sound Guru has announced a public beta of The Mangle, a granular synthesizer / sampler plug-in.
I’ve been fascinated by granular synthesis for years but I never found a satisfactory plugin to explore it – I wanted full automation in my DAW, preset recall, and tools to ‘play’ the stream of grains expressively.
So I built it myself. Or more accurately, I am building it myself. The Mangle is beta software, but if you want to help me test, you can buy at the discounted beta price.
The Mangle features
- Animated granular display – Visualize your grain stream. Individual grains move across the waveform in real time. Amplitude, pitch and envelope are also represented.
- Drag & drop modulation – Creating new modulations is easy – just drag the modulator to its target, then set the amount with in-place markers showing changes.
- Resizable vector interface – The Mangle’s interface is rendered dynamically as vectors – resize it with no loss in quality. Handy for live performance.
- Dual sequencers – The Mangle is also great for making rhythmic patterns. A pair of sequencers can be used to modulate any parameter.
- Multiband waveform display – Quickly and easily see where high, mid and low frequencies are in your audio, for clearer sound setup and tweaking.
- Multi-timbral – Each instance of the plugin has 8 full ‘slots’ each with their own audio & parameters. Map them to any MIDI range for multi-timbral patches.
The Mangle is currently available for Mac only (VST/AU), for the discounted beta price of £19.99 GBP. A Windows version is coming soon.
More information: Sound Guru / The Mangle
Humanoid Sound Systems has released a public beta of Enzyme, a “scanned synthesis” instrument for Windows and Mac.
Enzyme incorporates all the popular features of our Scanned Synth Pro, but takes its scanning synthesis in several new directions simultaneously.
Sample import is now available so you can resynthesise existing sounds with automatic pitch detection and click-free looping, while Hybrid Scanned/FM synthesis is also on offer for even more sonic possibilities.
- Next generation Scanned Synthesis Engine with Sample import function & Hybrid Scanned/FM synthesis options.
- Multiple scanner options for fatter ‘Unison Mode’, brighter ‘Harmonic’, or imported ‘Explorer Mode’ with imported samples.
- New Effects Rack, allowing practically unlimited layering of effects such as analog modelled filters, reverb, chorus, flanger, and destortion.
- Automatable performance controls, allowing control of important parameters from a single location and multiple parameters to be controlled using a single control.
- Alternative tunings.
- VST 2.4, Audio Units (AAX Support coming soon).
- Support for both 32 and 64 bit architectures under both Windows and OS X.
- As with SSP, each Enzyme voice includes a complex Scanning Oscillator with hammer, wave, mass and connection matrix controls, a 7-mode resonant filter, three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs, and a separate Multi-Effects section featuring reverb, tempo-synced echo, chorus, flanger and 7-mode resonant filter.
Enzyme for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $49.99 USD. Note: This is still officially a beta version of Enzyme but it is totally safe to run on your computer.
More information: Humanoid Sound Systems / Enzyme
u-he has introduced Release Candidate r2058 of the public beta version 1.3 of Diva, the virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
The latest GUI of Diva, including the new digital oscillator and Uhbie filter.
Changes in Diva 1.3 r2058
- Fixes timing bug.
- Fixes possible crash bug /w 16 voices and osc reset (Digital Osc only).
- Adds final gui for new modules (discuss?)
- Also adds better BP/BR button for Uhbie filter.
Download the latest beta at Diva2058Win.zip and Diva2058Mac.zip.
Visit the u-he forum at KVR Audio for more details.
More information: u-he / Diva
E-Phonic has announced the release of a Mac OS X VST beta version of its Drumatic 4 drum synthesizer instrument.
Drumatic uses a mix of subtractive, FM and wavetable synthesis to get the best results possible.
Changes in Drumatic (Mac beta / Windows v1.0.2)
- OS X VST 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins released (beta).
- MuLab (x64) v5.3.15 compatibility added.
- New menus for better selection of noise and filter types.
- Automation improvements (selecting ‘last used’ now shows correct parameter).
- Drawing performance improvements.
Drumatic 4 is available to purchase for 29.99 EUR ex. VAT.
More information: Drumatic
u-he has released public beta version 1.3.0b4 (revision 2033) of the Diva virtual analog synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Here’s a new public beta of Diva 1.3:
Diva rev 2033 Win
Diva rev 2033 Mac
- adds a “high quality” switch to the Digital Oscillator – for nearly anti-aliased operation, indepenedent of global quality modes
- adds a BP mode for the middle position of Uhbie Shape parameter
- fixes an issue with wrongly saved drop down lists in prestes/projects (e.g. tuning, lfo rates)
- fixes a possible crash bug in VST3 layer
- fixes a UI rendering error on Windows
- still features a preliminary UI design
Visit the u-he forum for more information on the new public beta.
More information: u-he / Diva