u-he has released revision 2228 of its plug-ins, including Satin, DIVA, Zebra, and ACE.
These hopefully fix the most pressing issues. We know of some bugs with VST3 and you better don’t automate parameters with an LFO in Bitwig.
Changes in rev 2228
- should really fix AAX (autosave) crash bug for good.
- added missing buttons/drop down graphics to Filterscape.
- fixed missing Sync button in ZebraCM.
- fixed possible crash in VST.
- fixed automation-stops-when-editor-opens bug in Live/Bitwig.
- reworked Mac Installers (solve permissions issue?).
- updated Filterscape, Satin user guide.
- changed initial open/close laws for preset folder.
Rev 2228 is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
LVC-Audio has launched a beta of PhreePhuzz, a free saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PhreePhuzz utilizes many underlying technologies used to create PreAMPed.
PhreePhuzz can be pushed into overt distortion; however, it excels at more gentle saturation effects. Each of the four saturation settings has emphasis on different frequency components.
PhreePhuzz can be used to give a track low-end saturation without dulling the high frequencies, or it can be used to give a shimmering high-end sparkle without muddying the bass.
- Virtual analog saturation simulator.
- 4x oversampling using linear phase filtering to ensure great high-end response.
- Four distinct saturation types, including separate saturation algorithms and multiband settings.
- Standard LVC-Audio controls, like A->B knob comparison and fine adjustment of knobs.
The public beta of the plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: LVC-Audio / PhreePhuzz
KV331 Audio has released public beta versions of its SynthMaster Player and SynthMaster Player Free virtual instruments for Windows and Mac.
SynthMaster Player is a simplified version of SynthMaster targeted at musicians who use presets rather than create their own during music production.
There is also a free version of SynthMaster Player, which comes with 150 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library.
SynthMaster Player features
- Available in VST, AU and RTAS formats.
- Comes with 600 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library.
- Users can edit 12 easy parameters assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Users can turn on & off effects assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Users can purchase and use preset banks released by KV331 Audio.
SynthMaster Player Beta is available to purchase for $19 USD until April 1st, 2014. SynthMaster Player Free can be downloaded from the KV331 Audio website.
More information: SynthMaster
Image-Line has announced the release of a public beta version of Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment.
Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The beta of Minihost Modular is available to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have a released a public beta its Drumatom standalone software microphone leakage suppression tool for multichannel drum recordings.
It is based on the patent pending Advanced Audio Analysis – A3 technology and is the result of many years of research and development work. At accusonus, we believe that it is time to take full advantage of the enormous processing power of computers today, with the goal of bringing the human drummer back into the picture.
With this novel software tool every sound engineer can now use compressors, EQs and creative effects in new ways with no limitations. In the hands of sound engineers, drumatom will make genuine drum recordings shine in the mix!
- Unique algorithm based on BSS and AI principles.
- Can detect and reduce leakage from kick, snare and tom tracks.
- Supports loading and batch processing of multiple track groups.
- Proprietary file format for storing and transferring sessions.
- Streamlined user interface for quick results.
- Available for OS X / Win (7, XP) – 64-bit systems only.
Drumaton for Windows and Mac costs $399 USD.
More information: Drumaton
Image-Line has announced that its MiniSynth for FL Studio is now available for beta testing.
MiniSynth is a fully featured synthesizer with a low processor overhead and great sound. There are 6 tabs covering the synthesizer controls making it perfect when working with a touch interface (for which it was designed) or for the new user learning how to program synthesizers.
MiniSynth is also included with FL Studio Mobile and will be used when converting FL Studio Mobile projects to FL Studio format (FL Studio 11.0.5 not yet released). Even if you don’t use FL Studio Mobile, you will find MiniSynth a great addition to your library.
The MiniSynth beta is available to download from the Looptalk forum.
More information: Image-Line / MiniSynth beta