Tek’it Audio has released version 1.1 of APC, a virtual re-creation of a popular DIY circuit the Atari Punk Console.
“APC VSTi” is a square wave synthesizer that creates “low-fi” sound, re-creation of a popular DIY circuit the Atari Punk Console.
This update comes with four new user mods like an LFO or a lowpass filter and some rework on the GUI giving it a more realistic feel.
Changes in APC v1.1
- Added BitGlitch Mod.
- Added LowPass filter Mod.
- Added “Bloop” LFO Mod.
- Added Atomic Filter Mod.
- Optimization on various parts.
- Reworked some elements on the GUI.
- GUI new Mods preference menu.
- GUI corrected some Hint texts.
- Added new presets.
- DEMO Updated nagscreen.
- DEMO replaced noise system by audio breaks system.
- Setup updated and new languages added.
- Updated the user manual.
APC for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for €10 EUR/$15 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / APC
Loopmasters has released How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live, a video tutorial series by Sonic Academy.
Using Ableton Live, we show you how to make sounds and tracks in a style similar to acts such as The Prodigy. This series of nine video tutorials, covers everything you need to know to start cranking out the bass heavy, electro breaks tunes!
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live features
- Introduction – Phil Johnston introduces his creation for this ‘How to Sound Like’ tutorial.
- Tutorial 1 – Drums – In this module, Phil takes us through loading the drums into the impulse drum machine.
- Tutorial 2 – Bass – Calling on the old fav the Sylenth, we programme in the dirtiest bass we can.
- Tutorial 3 – Lead – Distortion, acid, we got it all here for the lead sound.
- Tutorial 4 – Drum Fills – Loading a fill sample and slicing, dicing and chopping to create the fill we want.
- Tutorial 5 – Breakdown – Glow sticks set to stun, time to insert the Ravey stab.
- Tutorial 6 – Vocals – A London accent is essential, and a big fat distortion for that all important vocal.
- Tutorial 7 – Lead 2 – Get that resonator working baby, for the second lead sound.
- Tutorial 8 – Arrangement – Build the basic arrangement using scenes within Ableton, then move onto to tweek further in arrange mode.
How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live (requires Ableton Live 8) is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / How To Make Synth Punk Using Ableton Live
Slam Tracks has announced the release of Punk MIDI Drum Loops and Fills Pack 1, a collection of over 500 slamming punk grooves and fills for classic and modern punk styles.
Punk MIDI Drum Loops and Fill Pack 1 showcases the ferocity, attitude, and speed your music needs to create the hardest-hitting punk tracks around. The fills and fill variations alone are worth adding to your collection, but we’ve included many of the staple grooves that will drive any punk style project.
Push your next punk or power pop project to the max with the new Punk MIDI Drum Loops and Fills Pack 1 release. If you need slamming punk drum tracks in your music, then Slam Tracks Punk MIDI Drum Groove and Fill Pack 1 is the one to have in your studio.
Punk MIDI Drum Loops and Fills Pack 1 features
- 500+ MIDI royalty free MIDI drum loops for modern and classic punk styles.
- Fast, loud and aggressive two, four and eight measure MIDI loops.
- Tempos from 130 to 200+ BPM.
- 1, 2, 4 and 8 measure fills.
- Variety of fill types – Intro, stops, breaks, and transition fills.
- Straight and triplet-based fill patterns.
- Outstanding feel and realism.
- All loops recorded and played live – not quantized.
- Standard MIDI format – General MIDI for use in: Addictive Drums, BFD, BFD2, Battery, EZdrummer, Superior and Superior 2, and more.
is available now as an instant download for $19.95 USD.
More information: Slam Tracks / Punk MIDI Drum Loops and Fills Pack 1
Groove Monkee has released Groove Monkee Punk, a collection of over 600 aggressive loops played by a professional punk drummer.
Groove Monkee Punk contains over 600 four and eight measure MIDI loops for modern punk music. These grooves are fast, loud and aggressive with tempos from 130 to 250 BPM! Think of bands like: Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Unwritten Law, Fall Out Boy, Sum 41, etc.
We’ve arranged the grooves into song format with intro, verse, chorus, bridge and outro. Each loop has a fill at the end so it is super easy to build your tracks!
Groove Monkee Punk features
- 600 MIDI Royalty-Free Drum Loops.
- Played by a professional studio drummer.
- Arranged as song segments (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro).
- Vibe: Blink-182, Good Charlotte, Jimmy Eat World, Unwritten Law, Fall Out Boy, Sum 41, etc.
- Formats: Addictive Drums, BFD, BFD2, EZdrummer, Superior 2, Session Drummer 2 and more.
Groove Monkee Punk is available now for $29.95 USD. A collection of free MIDI samples is available for download from the product page.
More information: Groove Monkee