QESounds has released Aqueous, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Featuring 2659 sounds, Aqueous is a library based solely on water based source sounds. There are straight water sounds, pitch shifted water sounds, time stretched water sounds and heavily processed water sounds. Drips, plops, container hits, gurgles, water pouring – acoustic and hydrophone recordings.
Doing sound design for a water planet, dark/wet dungeon, dripping wet dark adventure, something that needs that wet and over-the-edge texture? Aqueous has probably got what you are looking for!
Aqueous for Kontakt is available to purchase for $89.95 USD (24-bit) / $59.95 USD (16-bit).
More information: QESounds / Aqueous
QESounds has released Altered Reality Fx 4, a collection of soundtrack elements.
AR4Fx is the fourth release in the Altered Reality series – featuring 1500 one-shot sounds specifically designed as soundtrack elements – ostensibly in an ethereal to dark texture.
AR4Fx features Version 3 Scripted SoundTools which updates SoundTools to include 50+ additional IRs, Custom GUI, 4 modes of envelope assignment (global, global preset, individual key preset and sequenced key envelope assignments), a virtual layer of assignable 3 position modwheel crossfades, a virtual layer of assignable 3 deep layering with volume and panning control, and the ability to control the stereo image width/pan/channel swap for each key on an individual basis – all this in addition to convolution, global 3 band EQ, Hi/Lo cut filters and global stereo image control.
We’ve also promoted Virtual Layer Remapping to the Multi level (VLRM) – allowing you to create a virtual layer of up to 128 keys: each assignable to any KS/Note across up to 16 instruments (it works w/ AR1/2/3Fx as well.)
Altered Reality Fx 4 features
- Sound sources include waterphone, didgeridoo. metals on dry ice, Coke bottles, water sounds, underwater sounds, voice, bowed metals, pots and pans, chimes, and more.
- Organized into 17 instruments/combos – each a cohesive kit for soundscape design. By creating a Multi and using the VLRM MultiScript you can mix and match the sounds from any of the combos (and even AR1/2/3Fx) to create your own virtual combos.
- Each sound is assigned it’s own group so that the user can tailor each sound to their own needs/tastes individually.
- AR4Fx is Kontakt 4 compatible, with Scripted SoundTools as well as Virtual Layer Remapping multi-scripting.
Altered Reality Fx 4 is available to purchase for $99.95 USD (24bit) / $69.95 USD (16bit).
More information: QESounds / Altered Reality Fx 4
QESounds has released Altered Reality 3 Fx, the third installment in the Altered Reality Fx series for Kontakt.
AR3Fx is a collection of original real-world sounds that have been modified in a number of ways. All of the sounds started out as real-world objects and instruments – some with alternate performance and all with extensive modification. The techniques used to alter the sounds include pitch stretching, convolution, x-fading, sample reverse, spectral morphing, EQ, AM, stereo image manipulation and various other means. No synthesis, re-synthesis or granulation were used.
Each sound is assigned it’s own group so that the user can tailor each sound to their own needs/tastes individually. K 2/3/4 compatible, Scripted Soundtools as well as VLR scripting and built-in convolution. Also a new simplified installation procedure. AR3Fx is targeted at ambient and atmosphere design.
Altered Reality 3 Fx is available to purchase on DVD for $99.95 USD (excl. shipping & handling). Five separate downloads are available for $14.95 USD each until July 30, 2010 (regular price $24.95 USD) as part of in QESounds’ 1 Year Anniversary Sale.
More information: QESounds / Altered Reality 3 Fx
QESounds has released Altered Reality 2 FX, a sample library for Kontakt.
Altered Reality 2 Fx is the second installment in the Altered Reality Fx series. AR2Fx is a bit darker and damper than AR1Fx and has more event/transient Fx.
AR2Fx is a collection of original sounds that have been modified in a number of ways. All of the sounds started out as real-world objects and instruments – some with alternate performance and all with extensive modification. The techniques used to alter the sounds include pitch stretching, convolution, x-fading, sample reverse, spectral morphing, EQ, AM, stereo image manipulation and various other means. No synthesis, re-synthesis or granulation were used. Each sound is assigned it’s own group so that the user can tailor each
sound to their own needs/tastes individually. AR2Fx is targeted at ambient and atmosphere design.
Altered Reality 2 FX is available in various versions:
- Individual downloads of single instruments/combos in 16bit/44.1KHz/Stereo. Price: $8.33 USD each.
- Downloads of packs/modules of three instruments/combos in 16bit/44.1KHz/Stereo. Price: $24.99 USD each.
- 2-DVD set containing all instruments/combos—and a separate time/pitch-stretched instrument for about 99% of the sounds in 24-bit/44.1KHz/Stereo. Price: $99.95 USD.
All three versions include scripted SoundTools, Virtual Layer Remapping scripting and an extended set of convolution presets.
QESounds has also released AR2Fx Freebie, a set of 41 sounds not released in the other AR2Fx packages is also available for free (191 MB download ZIP file).
More information: QESounds / Altered Reality 2 FX
QESounds has announced the release of PianoFx, a sample library for Kontakt 2 and higher, recorded on a 1910’s vintage Lester Cabinet Grand piano.
QES PianoFx is a collection of sounds recorded on a bare harp and soundboard and is intended for SoundTrack Design. Included in the library are frame hits/knocks/thunks, string plucks, picks, harmonics, brush stabs, brush slaps, glisses, smears, line bowings, cello bow bowings, Ebow Fx, string removal sounds and serendipitous sounds.
QES PianoFx includes SoundTools and Virtual Layer Remapping scripting and each of the atonal instruments has a separate group assigned to each sound so that the user can access the internal controls to tailor each sound according to their needs.
- PFX Pro: a 24-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo version with the complete set of sounds on 3 DVDs; 10 GB installed.
- PFX_KG_DLV: a 16-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo downloadable version containing hits, knocks, glisses and smears (3 ZIP files; 1.2 GB total download).
- PFX_MSC_DLV: a 16-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo downloadable version containing a few hits, glisses, and smears – but focusing mainly on the more Fx side of things (stabs, slaps, string removal, etc.) (3 ZIP files; 900 MB total download).
The PianoFX libraries are available at these introductory prices:
- QES PFx Pro: $99.95 USD (regular $119.95).
- QES PFX_KG_DLV: $24.95 USD (regular $34.95).
- QES PFX_MSC_DLV: $24.95 USD (regular $34.95).
More information: QESounds / PianoFx