iox AudioWare has released Titan 410X, a non-destructive loudness maximizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Titan is designed to sculpt your music to maximum levels, fullness, and clarity without pumping artifacts or loss of transients. It uses a non-destructive two stage gain and “contour” control to achieve high average loudness while enhancing or maintaining low level details.
Although originally designed as a master bus effect, Titan can be used as an insert on individual tracks with very low latency. The output stage consists of a brickwall limiter with adjustable soft clip to “soften” clipped signal levels. Monitoring peak and average signal levels is critical in the mastering stage which is why an alphanumerical meter display is provided for quick and easy checks of the input or output levels.
Titan 410X Precision Maximizer features
- Processing utilizes 64 bit floating point.
- Alphanumerical display for easy monitoring of signal levels even in bypass mode.
- Low latency, which makes syncing real-time audio and MIDI possible.
- Pre-process “over” 0dB indicator LEDs to detect a “hot” input signal.
- Adjustable soft-clip algorithm to reduce harsh signal.
The Rack Extension is available to purchase for 55 EUR.
More information: iox AudioWare
Propellerhead Software has announced a limited time Reason 7 Special Offer, offering two Korg synthesizer instruments with a purchase of the Reason 7 music production software for Windows and Mac.
Korg Polysix and Korg Mono/Poly are two of the most popular Rack Extension instruments, now you can get them for free with your Reason 7 purchase (full version or Student/Teacher).
Purchase Reason before February 28th 2014 and register online to get your free download of the Korg instruments—software versions of these iconic analog synths from the 80s, with the same sounds and same hands on interface as the originals.
Reason 7 is available to purchase for 369 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead
McDSP has launched the Compressor Collection, a bundle of dynamic range processors for Reason, including the C670, FRG-4RE, and Moo Tube compressors.
Reason users rejoice! Now you can harness the legendary power of McDSP audio software within Reason as a Rack Extension!
Choose from 3 uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted compressors (or just get the entire collection) to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for!
McDSP Compressor Collection features
- C670 Compressor – The C670 Rack Extension plug-in is a surprisingly flexible compressor in a three knob package. Modeled after vintage equipment valued at over $30,000, the C670 is as classic as they come, in a far more reliable software version complimented by new features not found in the original device.
- FRG-4RE Compressor – The FRG-4RE Rack Extension plug-in is a feed-forward reactive gain compressor (FRG), referred to by McDSP engineering staff as ‘the frog’. The FRG-4RE’s features include a modern compression topology, separately adjustable attack and release controls, and a wide compression ratio control spread, ranging from nearly 1:1 to 20:1.
- Moo Tube Compressor – The Moo Tube Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube based hardware compressors. When you want to fatten up your tracks, don’t have a cow. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Tube compressor.
The Compressor Collection is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The Rack Extensions are also sold separately for 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Compressor Collection
AudioRealism has released ReDominator, a polyphonic synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
ReDominator is an emulation of the classic Alpha Juno 1/2 (JU-1/2), a polyphonic DCO (digitally controlled oscillator) based synth from 1986.
The JU-1/2 became popular in the early 90′s techno and rave scene particularly by the classic Hoover sound (which ReDominator attempts to emulate accurately). But beyond those niche sounds there lays a versatile synthesizer that does bass, pads, leads, organs and a lot of other sounds waiting to be discovered!
- Accurate emulation of the Alpha Juno 1/2 including the famous Hoover patch.
- 14 different low aliasing waveforms including a unique PWM-sawtooth.
- High quality full range 24dB/octave low-pass filter.
- Unique 8 parameter envelope generator which enable much more complicated and expressive sounds than a standard ADSR.
- External audio input to the filter.
- 200+ bundled patches (of which many are sysex converted from our own JU-2).
- External Patch converter (beta) to convert sysex patches from your own Alpha Juno and play them in ReDominator.
ReDominator is available to purchase for 45 EUR.
More information: AudioRealism / ReDominator
Rob Papen has announced the release of PunchBD-RE, a kick drum synthesizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
PunchBD-RE, a versatile & easy to use bass drum synthesizer for your Reason Rack.
With PunchBD-RE you get two modelled synthesizer drum modules, a click/noise module and a sample module to help you shape the main beat for your productions. From Dance and electronic and Hiphop to soundtrack. PunchBD-RE has it covered.
With further filters, envelopes, modulation routings and CV on the back you can take your bass drum sounds one step further to provide a solid sound to your productions. The bass drum is an essential part of building a track and this is where PunchBD-RE will deliver!
- 2x Synth Bass Drum modules.
- 1x Sampled Bass Drum module including various samples plus Rob Papen Library samples.
- 1x Noise/Click module.
- Play Mode for tuned percussion.
- 1x Filter Unit(various types).
- 1x Distortion unit(various types) with switches to route to the different modules.
- Envelope/ LFO /Modulation section.
- Back panel features:
- Gate CV/Note CV.
- Audio in for modulation/audio through into Distortion/Filter.
- Separate audio outs for each module.
- CV ins for modulation.
- CV Out / Gate for envelope / LFO.
PunchBD-RE is available to purchase for the introductory price of 39 EUR / $49 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 49 EUR / $59 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / PunchBD-RE
Selig Audio has launched the Selig DeEsser, a Rack Extension effect for Propellerhead Reason.
The Selig DeEsser is an advanced vocal DeEsser that not only allows you to accurately detect and reduce sibilance found at any level in a vocal track, but also to extract all sibilance to its own mixer channel in real time.
Despite this sophistication the Selig DeEsser couldn’t be simpler: many users may find instant success with the default settings! There are no thresholds to set, no EQs to fine-tune, and no filters of any sort in the audio path. This provides you with the cleanest signal and simplest setup possible in a de-esser.
Selig DeEsser features
- Intelligent Sibilance Detection algorithm.
- No threshold to set.
- D-S extraction mode.
- Unique V-S extraction mode.
- Can route voice and sibilance channels.
- Simplest set-up.
- Perfect for all de-essing needs.
Selig DeEsser is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 49 EUR.
More information: Selig Audio / Selig DeEsser
kiloHearts has announced a limited time Holiday Sale on its kHs ONE synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Treat yourself to some warm waveforms in the cold winter!
kHs ONE is currently 30% off, both as VST, AU and RE.
The sale ends December 31st, 2013.
More information: kiloHearts
AirRaid Audio has released the Pandemic multiband autopan and Mutagen multiband distortion Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Pandemic is a wholly unorthodox multiband autopan.
It features 3 bands, each one complete with a panner, stereo spreader, phase and spin controls, and an innovative modulation section which can generate anything from subtle, organic variations to creative, controlled chaos. This unique combination of features makes Pandemic a veritable panacea for lifeless tracks.
With Pandemic, get ready to unleash pandemonium.
Mutagen is a unique take on the multiband distortion concept.
It features 3 bands, 15 powerful distortion algorithms—from classic low-fi effects to custom-designed audio manglers—and an innovative Stereo Mix section, which allows you to isolate not only specific frequencies, but also specific ranges within the stereo field.
This gives you a microscopic level of precision with which to mutate your sound.
The Rack Extensions are available to purchase for $39 USD / 32 EUR each.
More information: AirRaid Audio