kiloHearts has released a Rack Extension version of the kHs ONE virtual synthesizer instrument.
Whether you want a thumping bass, squelching lead or a smooth pad, kHs ONE stands ready to serve! But don’t worry, it won’t get sad if you just throw it in for a simple sine sub. Not visibly, at least.
With highly morphable oscillators and a vast array of modulation options all fit into an easy to understand GUI, kHs ONE is the perfect synth for both users new to subtractive synthesis as well as hardened veterans.
kHs ONE RE features
- 2 Main oscillators (saw/square/noise).
- Sub oscillator.
- 2 multi mode filters (including vowel filter).
- Per voice wave shaper.
- 2 LFOs.
- 3 Envelopes (amp/filter/mod).
- 8 voice unison.
- 24 voice polyphony.
- Env/LFO legato on/off.
- Onboard FX: Chorus, Delay, Equalizer and Limiter.
The kHs ONE Rack Extension is available to purchase from the Propellerhead shop for 79 EUR.
More information: Propellerhead Software
Kuassa has announced the has release of Amplifikation Vermilion RE, the Reason Rack Extension version of Amplifikation Vermilion.
The Amplifikation Vermilion guitar amp effect inspired by classic guitar combo amps, now available in Propellerhead Rack Extension format for Reason.
Guitar players now have a new reason to play Reason. Whatever your playing style is, from country clean to somewhat heavy metal, this amplifier will provide any sound you need. Don’t play the guitar? Don’t hesitate to use this device on any other instrument as well.
Amplifikation Vermilion RE is a guitar amplifier rack extension inspired by classic guitar combo amplifiers. It offers eye candy and lots of tonality for guitarists who demand a guitar amp plug-in with versatility. The engine of this plug-in is carefully tuned to match the tone of authentic classic amps which sing to your playing style.
Amplifikation Vermilion RE features
- 3 Amp Types.
- 2 Amp Channels: Clean and Lead.
- Built-in FX: Tremolo with BPM sync and Spring Reverb.
- 5 types of matching cabinets with 4 microphone types.
- Freely adjustable dual-miking configurations.
- Built-in Noise Gate and Limiter.
- Straightforward and easy to use interface.
Amplifikation Vermilion RE is available to purchase for 32 EUR / $39 USD. Users of Amplifikation Vermilion in VST/AU format can get the RE version at a reduced price.
More information: Kuassa / Amplifikation Vermilion RE
Softube has announced that its Spring Reverb is now available in the Rack Extensions format for Propellerheads Reason.
Spring Reverb is an authentic spring reverb recreation that will add vintage character and grit to any audio track.
It also includes novel features such as a fully automatable Shake control that will shake the virtual springs around for those thunderous spring effects.
Get some recognizable character in your mix with the Spring Reverb!
Spring Reverb RE is available to purchase for $79 USD / 65 EUR.
More information: Softube / Spring Reverb RE
Nektar has announced it has upgraded its DAW support and extended the range of directly controllable Plugins and Rack Extensions.
- New VST Plug-in maps for Cubase/Nuendo — Nektar’s quest to map every VST plug-in known to man continues! They have added another 54 insert and instrument maps to the collection, each carefully handmapped at Nektar HQ, so you don’t have to.
These maps not only give you tactile control but also in many cases improve the user experience over the software GUI. Take for example Xhun Audio’s LittleOne where you now can select the effect you want right from Panorama’s Instrument home page, plus you don’t have to click on a parameter to adjust it. Or the Sound Tower editors that already give great control over Dave Smith synths. You can now control the parameters right from your Panorama keyboard or control surface including arpeggiation and sequencing!
- Reason Rack Extensions support update — Great new Rack Extensions have been launched recently for Reason and we finally have an update ready. It includes the Korg Mono/Poly and the updated version of Propellerheads own PX7.
- Improved PreSonus Studio One template — Panorama’s Internal mode can be used to set up MIDI presets to control any MIDI compatible device. An Internal mode Studio One template for Panorama has been available for quite some time but we realized recently that we could improve it to provide a workflow much more similar to how Reason and Cubase operate with Panorama. It’s of course not the same deep integration, since there is no parameter feedback however we consider it a substantial improvement over the previous template and are delighted to share it with our Studio One users.
More information: Nektar
Red Rock Sound has announced the release of C1-Alpha and C1-Sigma, two compressor Rack Extension plugins for Propellerhead Reason.
Red Rock Sound C1-Alpha is stereo and mono audio signal dynamic range compressor and is a stripped-down version of the C1-L1 Vintage Compressor.
C1-Alpha has distinctive sound allowing its usage not only for technical purpose of dynamic range compression but also for artistic sound coloration.
C1-Alpha besides main dynamic range compression module also contains limiting module, which allows controlling peaks passing through the compressor, also supports «parallel» compression and M/S operational mode.
C1-Alpha and C1-Sigma vintage compressor Rack Extensions for Reason.
C1-Alpha / C1-Sigma features
- Attack mode: «alpha» / «sigma».
- Saturation mode: «ratio».
- Softness of compressor characteristics control.
- 7 operation modes: mono, double mono, mono with external side chain signal, mid channel, side channel, M/S, linked stereo.
- Pre or Post Limiter.
- Internal Dithering.
- Parallel compression.
- 4x Oversampling and 64-bit floating point processing.
- External Side Chain.
- Gain Reduction CV Output.
Both Rack Extensions are available from the Propellerhead Shop, priced at 25 EUR each.
More information: Red Rock Sound
Sononics has announced the release of Revival, a Rack Extension instrument for Propellerhead Reason.
Revival is the RE-imagined, “neo-classic” instrument that combines the power of modern synthesis with the classic organ sounds of generations past.
Drawbar additive-synthesis, harmonic modifiers and vintage effects combine to create an instrument that spans multiple genres with an incredible sonic palette and outstanding playability.
Revival costs $99 USD / 79 EUR. It is 25% off until August 31st, 2013.
More information: Sononics
Numerical Sound has announced Tone Mutation: Vocals, a Rack Extension for Reason and Reason Essentials.
Numerical Sound Tone Mutation: Vocals (TMV) contains 36 human vowels and animal resonances designed to greatly expand the range of your synthesizer and audio tracks by transforming them into vocal sounds.
High precision resonances dramatically enhance vibrato – giving accurate vibrato tone from any synth. Elevated high frequencies allow TMV to work with maintain clarity and impact on any percussion sound. Dramatically changes the sound of your existing patches, especially pads and full-frequency sounds. The available combinator patch allows smooth morphing through 8 different selectable vocal sounds on any Reason instrument.
Tone Mutation: Vocals features
- 36 Timbral Impulses cover a wide range of vowels and semi-vowels as well as a selection of Walrus, Whale, Alligator, Leopard and Panther vocalizations snapshots.
- The Convolution approach enables capabilities and precision sound that is impossible with parametric and multiband EQ’s.
- Stereo Width, Gain, Pan and Dry/Wet controls make it easy to mix and shape the sounds.
- Audiophile design supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 KHz sample rates, with processing transparently optimized for each sample rate.
- Bonus: Find different ways to use TMV instantly with the free combinator instrument patches. Some patches are available to trial users to get started quickly, but registered users get even more, including intermittent e-mailed updates from Numerical Sound
The Rack Extension is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 55 EUR.
More information: Numerical Sound / Tone Mutation: Vocals
Jiggery-Pokery has released the Ammo 400R / 1200BR Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason.
Jiggery-Pokery Ammo 1200BR Modulation Oscillators RE for Reason.
Arm your rack and take Reason modulation to the next level with Ammo’s 136 basic and complex waveforms.
With four audio oscillators that can be freely mixed and routed, and a massive frequency range, Ammo features an all-audio rate internal oscillator path suitable for both audio and CV output.
Available in two variants, the smaller 400R available here includes the full Ammo oscillator section, a six-stage envelope and a Re-ARM internal routing device. The flagship 1200BR includes 8 further CV-rate LFOs, four of which can be routed internally or externally, in the Battery Low Frequency Ordnance Processor for automatic waveform and external audio crossfading and switching, and lo-fi S&H (sample and hold) effects.
The Ammo Rack Extensions are available to purchase for 35 EUR (400R) / 65 EUR (1200BR).
More information: Jiggery-Pokery / Ammo 400R / 1200BR