Serato Audio Research has announced the release of Scratch Live 2.0, a feature utopia for Scratch Live DJs, with something to appeal to all styles of DJing.
This is a cutting edge version of Scratch Live which contains many new features including: DJ FX, 3 decks for SL 3, Serato Playlists, Display Modes, Library Views, Smart Crates and much more.
New in Scratch Live 2.0
- Support for three decks with the Rane SL 3.
- Three chained DJ FX per deck with macro control for live performance.
- Brand new Display Modes with a range of deck layouts to suit your performance style.
- Enhanced Album Art browsing for quick identification of your music.
- “Smart Crates” which auto-fill using keywords from your music library.
- “Serato Playlists” enables sharing of your sets online – after your gig or as you play.
- New File Management options allow you to easily copy crates and tracks to external drives for your gigs.
- More details in the release notes.
Scratch Live 2.0 is available as a free download for PC and Mac.
More information: Serato / Scratch Live
Rane Corporation has released the SIXTY-EIGHT, a professional DJ mixer for Serato Scratch Live.
Two computers, two USB ports, four decks and a range of effects.
Introducing the first professional DJ mixer with two USB 2.0 High Speed ports with support for real-time connection of two computers. Two DJs can work in parallel and/or seamlessly transition from one DJ to another.
- Two independent USB 2.0 High Speed ports, each supporting twenty-two, 32-bit floating-point audio channels at 48 kHz.
- Real-time support for two computers.
- Support for 2, 3 or 4 Virtual Decks on one or two computers.
- Direct control of over 30 Scratch Live Library, Cue and Loop functions.
- Unique FlexFx bus:
- Process a sub-mix of up to six audio channels.
- Six internal effects with seamless on-beat switching between effects.
- External analog insert support for legacy hardware effects.
- USB insert support for computer-based effects.
- Four full-featured input channels:
- Four stereo Phono/CD inputs of Line, Phono or S/PDIF.
- Four stereo auxiliary inputs.
- Four stereo USB playback options.
- Two mic inputs: one with phantom power and one with line-level.
- 3-band full-cut EQ, plus new High-pass / Low-pass Filter.
- Flexible USB recording options, record from any PGM or output.
- Internal universal switching power supply (100-230 VAC)
- Unit size: 14.3″H x 12″W x 4″D (36.4 cm x 30.5 cm x 10.2 cm)
- Weight: 11.3 lb (5.2 kg)
- Shipping Size: 7.75″H x 12.75″W x 19.25″D (19.7 cm x 32.5 cm x 49 cm)
- Weight: 12 lb (5.5 kg)
More information: Rane Corporation / SIXTY-EIGHT