Boscomac has announced Bit Torsion, a free distortion effect for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Boscomac’s Bit Torsion for Reaktor offers “animated distortion”.
As its name suggests, it’s not an emulation of bagpipes but rather an effect of mass destruction of signal. Particularly effective on Drums, I define it as a “Animated distortion.”
“Distortion” because it is here to reduce the bit, the sample rate, add gain, feedback, filtering frequency, clipping, folding, etc. “Animated” because this module has a random sequencer particular: the user chooses the settings, the direction and intensity of modulation that follows data generated randomly. Hmm, what a program!
Bit Torsion is available as a free download (requires full version of Reaktor 5.9). Donations are appreciated.
More information: Boscomac
ADSR Sounds has released BASSIC, a bass synthesizer instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor, made with the modern electronic producer in mind.
Stripped of all the things that can distract or confuse when designing killer bass music instruments, BASSIC has all the basic components needed to create professional sounds in just a matter of minutes!
No more spending countless hours dialling in settings across parameters that aren’t even necessary. No more complex routing decisions. And no more time spent on things that only seem to derail the creative process!
We created BASSIC with one thing in mind – Simplicity.
- Synth with 3 oscillators, including a sampler.
- Oscillators have bandlimited hard sync.
- Filter featuring zero delay feedback with saturation.
- Modulate any knob or parameter on the synth.
- Distortion, Formant, Bitcrusher, Vibrato, Flanger, Chorus and Doubler effects.
- EQ section with Low Shelf, a Peak, and a High Shelf filter.
- Includes presets by OhmLab and BHK Samples.
- Bassic is open source.
BASSIC is available to purchase for $19 USD. Requires full version of Reaktor 5 (Reaktor Player not supported).
More information: ADSR Sounds / BASSIC
Twisted Tools has released version 1.1 of ULTRALOOP, the first-of-its-kind loop remixing sampler with a fast and intuitive visual workflow for Native Instruments Reaktor.
ULTRALOOP combines advanced loop layering, comping, effect processing and automation techniques to generate new grooves, riffs and song ideas.
You can use ULTRALOOP with the included factory sample library or to remix your own samples, injecting new life into any existing loop library.
Changes in Ultraloop v1.1
- MIDI Gate and Retrigger mode for Scene playback.
- Optional color-coded tracks and sliders.
- Shuffle sequencer steps left/right.
- Sequencer area selector for custom edit zones.
- Maschine 2 preset file with knob mappings.
- Optimized CPU when switching scenes.
- Various improvements and optimizations.
Ultraloop is available to purchase for $69 USD. Additional Expansion Loop Packs are $19 USD each. The update is free for registered owners.
More information: Twisted Tools / Ultraloop
PlugInGuru has launched Rotten Razor, a new soundset for the Razor synthesizer instrument by Native Instruments.
This is the second library that John “Skippy” Lehmkuhl has created for Razor. The first library, Evil Razor consisted of 72 patches and a 45 minute video tutorial on how Razor works.
Rotten Razor does not include a video – instead there are 115 patches in total that are primed for all sorts of EDM, Dance, Pop and even Film music.
Rotten Razor features
- 11 Aggressive synth basses.
- 15 Synths.
- 8 Leads.
- 5 Bells.
- 61 BPM Sync’d Wobble Basses, Rhythmic Basses, Pads and Polyphonic Synth patches.
- Included a Reaktor 5 .SSF file that allows a user to create a pull-down bank and (after loading the .SSF), access the patches just like the other banks of patches in Razor’s patch directories.
The soundset is available to purchase for $30 USD. Requires Reaktor 5.9.0 and Razor 1.5 (or higher).
More information: PlugInGuru / Rotten Razor
Musicrow has launched a limited time sale on Golden Ensembles 3, offering the bundle of 45 instrument and effect ensembles for Native Instruments Reaktor at a 50% discount.
Synthesizers, effects, innovative and creative audio tools- Musicrow Reaktor Ensembles are packed, with hundreds of presets ready to be used!
Golden Ensembles 3 includes the two mega-synths Ebola and Cobra, Bass Lab, and many other impressive synthesizers and instruments. In addition, it contains classic processor emulations like Vintage Chorus and Crow Plate Reverb, and unique sound design tools such as Executer, White FX, Sound Pilot and other Reaktor ensembles.
Whether you are a music producer, a soundtrack composer, a mixer, or a sound designer- these reaktor ensembles will add new beautiful and unique colors to your sound palette!
The bundle is available to purchase for 85 EUR until February 28th, 2014 (regular 169 EUR).
More information: Musicrow / Golden Ensembles 3
Twisted Tools has announced the release of Sounds of S-Layer 2, a free sample pack in celebration of Twisted Tools’ 4th anniversary.
Twisted Tools would like to thank you for another great year! It’s hard to believe, but it’s our fourth anniversary and to celebrate we’ve created a brand new set of 20 FREE kits based on sounds from Twisted Tools S-LAYER.
In addition to the 160 .WAV samples, you’ll find kits for Native Instruments Maschine, Reaktor and Ableton Live.
To top top it off, S-Layer will be on SALE for *25% OFF this week. Just add it to your cart and the discount will be applied.
More information: Twisted Tools / Sounds of S-Layer 2
Related: audio interface
, Expert Sleepers
Posted in news
on Jan 21, 2014 - 0 comments
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of three new Eurorack synth modules.
The Expert Sleepers range of modules (including the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering ADAT connectivity instead of the ES-40′s S/PDIF) offers a highly configurable range of computer/synthesizer interfacing solutions, supported not only by Expert Sleepers own Silent Way software but increasingly used in conjunction with e.g. Max/MSP or NI’s Reaktor.
Because the modules connect over an audio interface, rather than say USB or Ethernet, they are able to offer rock solid timing and deep integration with standard audio environments.
New Expert Sleepers Eurorack modules
- The ES-40 SPDIF Interface (£94.80) converts a standard S/PDIF input to five channels of expansion headers, which are used in conjunction with the Expert Sleepers ESX range of expanders.
- The ESX-8CV CV Expander (£130.80) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding eight CV outputs from one expansion header.
- The ESX-8GT mk2 Gate Expander (£54) is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5, adding 8 on/off outputs for use as gates, triggers, clocks etc. from one expansion header.
All modules are available to purchase immediately.
More information: Expert Sleepers