Real Music Media has released Ritornelli Classical Guitar Loops, a collection of free guitar loops.
These loops are a sneak preview of a large projected set by Guitarist/Ambient musician Brent Rieland. They are recorded using a Royer R-121 and a Universal Audio LA-610 preamp. The guitar is of unknown origin.
Ritornelli Classical Guitar Loops features
- 63 loops (.wav format)
- Most of them are of uneven tempo, as is traditional in Classical and Flamenco playing (For this reason they are neither Acidized nor sliced into Rex2 files).
Download these and other free samples from Real Music Media.
Real Media Music has released Synthetic Vortices, a sample package of 90 ambient loops.
Synthetic Vortices features
- Each of these seamless loops are a miniature soundscape, presented in a variety of moods to complement any composition that needs a sophisticated electronic backdrop.
- The loops were recorded using only an Ensoniq Fizmo and a Great River MP-2NV preamp going straight into a Pro Tools HD System.
- Each Loop is supplied with an sfz mapping that adds amplifier eg controls, and high pass and low pass resonant filters with thier own lfos.
Synthetic Vortices is available for download for $5 USD.
Visit Real Media Music for more information.
Real Music Media has released the Real Snare Drum, a sampled vintage 1972 Slingerland Sound King snare in the sfz format.
The Real Snare Drum is the first in a new line of multisampled drums which offer intuitive and playable mappings that match the profile of the instrument, realistic microphone combinations with intuitive controls, and a consistent ‘dead room’ recording methodology.
Real Snare Drum features
- Sampled using two Beyer M201 dynamic microphones (top and bottom close mics) and two Oktava MK 012 small diaphragm condenser microphones (stereo overheads in an XY pattern).
- Mapped in an innovative and playable configuration in the sfz format.
- The drum is sampled in 4 zones: center, 3 inch radius, 6 inch radius, and rim shot.
- Each zone has separate left and right hand samples mapped in an obvious and intuitive way.
- Round robin and velocity switching within each zone.
- Each microphone has its own virtual channel, controlled by its own assigned midi CC#.
- The instrument has decay, sustain and release controls each assigned to their own CC#.
The Real Snare Drum is available as a download for $8 USD.
Visit the Real Snare Drum page for more information and audio demos.
Real Music Media has released a sample set of a Vistalite drum set (5 piece Ludwig Vistalite Drum kit) plus a Wuhan gong.
The sample set features over 750 one shot percussion samples for only $7.50.
Vistalite drum set features
- 24 bit/96 khz stereo wave files
- 45 Crash cymbal samples including bell and shoulder articulations
- 132 hihat samples with four levels of ‘openess’
- 46 ride cymbal samples including bell, mid-cymbal, and shoulder articulations
- 22 bass drum samples (nice big sounding samples with minimal dampening material used)
- 210 snare drum samples organized into matching top mike and bottom mike sets
- 216 tom-tom samples also organized into matching top mike and bottom mike sets
- 21 snare rimshot samples
- 27 snare sidestick samples
- 36 gong samples, using traditional mallets, a triangle mallet, and a drum stick
A few random free samples can be downloaded here.
Visit Real Music Media for more information.