Numerical Sound has announced Bass Tilt Filters (BTF), a Rack Extension that contains 36 convolution filters at each Reason sample rate to brighten or darken your sounds in the most transparent way possible.
They can be used in a wide range of applications: from mastering to adding warmth or clarity, from creative sound design to changing the emphasis of effects – or even emulating the sound of a vintage recordings.
Dark Tilt filters can remove harshness and blend sounds into a mix. Brighter Tilt filters emphasize the high end, adding presence that can keep sounds from getting lost in the mix.
Bass Tilt Filters features
- BTL cutoff frequencies are at C2 (65 Hz), C3 (131 Hz) and C4 (262 Hz) each with 6 levels of bright and dark – a total of 36 filters at each sample rate offered by Reason.
- This convolution software makes precision sound possible that is otherwise unattainable with parametric and multiband EQ because of its inherent lack of resonance curves and phase distortion.
- Stereo Width, Gain, Pan and Dry/Wet controls make it easy to mix and shape the sounds.
- Audiophile design supports 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 and 192 KHz sample rates, with processing transparently optimized for each sample rate.
The Bass Tilt Filter Rack Extension is available to purchase for 39 EUR.
More information: Numerical Sound / Bass Tilt Filters
Quadelectra has launched CV Suite Parametrix, a Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason that lets you control any CV Input signal as if it was a parameter.
CV Suite Parametrix is the third “child” of our CV Suite Line series…
This is a simple straightforward and very handy device that will turn any CV Input in an automatable parameter.
CV Suite Parametrix features
- Four individual parameter to CV converters can be controlled per device.
- You can select whether each parameter will expand across bipolar or unipolar range…
- All parameters can be named by clicking to the label tapes next to the headings.
- An additional dedicated CV Modulation Input is provided per parameter, the range (trim knob) and the appliance of which you can set and automate too from the front panel.
The Rack Extension is available to purchase for 7.50 EUR.
More information: Quadelectra / CV Suite Parametrix
Propellerhead has announced the availability of Parsec, a spectral synthesizer for the Reason music production software for Windows and Mac.
Parsec adds a new style of synthesis to the rack and allows for a wealth of brand new sounds, textures and noises.
Parsec offers impressive tones for charismatic hooks, build-ups, pads, atmospheres and otherworldly sounds. It’s built to inspire, regardless of the musical genre it is used in: indiepop, techno, house or bass music.
Technically Parsec is an additive synthesizer, based around two advanced oscillators consisting of 512 partials each that are sculpted through two “modifiers”. There are 2 envelopes and 2 LFOs that can modulate parameters. There is also a delay and a reverb that add to the sonic palette, and a modulation bus, familiar to users of Propellerhead’s Thor synth.
- Additive synthesis without taxing your CPU—or your brain.
- A new palette of inspiring synth sounds for the Reason Rack.
- It’s a vocoder too, with modulation from Parsec’s audio input.
- Amazing sound bank with inspiring sounds for electro house, bass music, minimal techno, electronic indie and pop, far-out experimental, and more.
- Based on interesting algorithms that encourage experimentation without requiring technical knowledge of additive synthesis.
- Integrated with the Reason rack: control Parsec from other sources; run audio through it; combine it with other instruments.
- Two engines that make up a single sound. Use one engine for the attack and another for sustain. Or use both at the same time for ultra thick tones!
- Super-flexible internal routing with plenty of modulation sources.
The Parsec Rack Extension is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $119 USD.
More information: Propellerhead / Parsec
Nucleus SoundLab has released Antimatter, a ReFill library for the Antidote Rack Extension synthesizer instrument by Synapse Audio.
One of the very best Rack Extensions for Propellerhead Reason 7 is Synapse Audio’s electrifying Antidote synthesizer. Antidote does it all, with two extremely versatile oscillators, an authentically-modeled filter section and an amazing suite of onboard effects. Nucleus SoundLab’s experienced sound designers have explored the farthest reaches of Antidote’s vast capabilities, and returned with a brand-new ReFill showcasing a world of aural possibilities – Antimatter.
Antimatter is focused on doing what Antidote does best – incredibly detailed, rich and spacious pads and atmospheres. Filtered chord washes, space exploration soundbeds, heavenly wavesequences, overdriven growls and various forms of supersaw-esque insanity are all on offer. Not only that, but for certain patches Nucleus SoundLab has paired up Antidote with Reason’s elder statesmen – Thor and Malstrom – to create Combinators of truly epic sonic scale.
- 100 unique Combinators.
- 127 Antidote device patches.
- 2 Demo songs packed inside the ReFill.
- All Combinator rotaries/buttons/modwheel uniquely mapped.
- Patches designed by veteran Reason sound designers – Jeremy Janzen, Tom Pritchard and Adam Fielding.
- Requires: Antidote Rack Extension version 1.21 or higher, and Reason 6.5 or higher.
The Antimatter ReFill is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Nucleus SoundLab / Antimatter
FXpansion has announced the release of Tres, a monosynth Rack Extension for Reason powered by DCAM analogue circuit-modelling technology.
Tres features our powerful TransMod modulation system and a wide variety of timbral flexibility and tone sculpting – a deep two-oscillator synth capable of deep basses, biting leads, strange drones, warped percussion and twisted SFX.
Tres’ modelled VCOs can interact at audio rate to produce complex tones; a filtered noise generator and sub-oscillator round out the oscillator section. A keytracking, time-variant shelf-EQ allows you to emphasize or cut higher harmonics before a switchable multimode filter with huge resonance, self-oscillation, FM, adjustable drive and 3 distinct classic synth filter models. Tres’ final output VCA provides a non-linear analogue drive stage for a variety of tonal colours from warm and smooth to gritty and aggressive.
Most of Tres’ parameters can be modulated simultaneously by any of 10 available modulation sources including Tres’ built-in dual envelopes and LFOs and external CV sources from elsewhere in your Reason project. You can also route external sources for audio-rate filter FM and use Tres’ built-in envelopes and LFOs to modulate other devices within your session.
Tres comes with a comprehensive library of over 200 unprocessed and Combinator patches, developed in conjunction with Nucleus Sound Lab.
Tres is available to purchase for $49 USD / 39 EUR inc. VAT where applicable.
More information: FXpansion / Tres
DLD Technology has released AS-16, an analog sequencer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
AS-16 is an advanced 16 channel analog CV sequencer with MIDI and audio features. At the heart of AS-16 is a user controlled sequence that can be modified in real time using the jump, skip and pad buttons.
In addition, it includes several note scales that allow you to quickly create bass lines and then tweak via MIDI, or use the built-in audio modifiers as an advanced envelope generator.
Multiple devices can be chained together for unlimited channels, and each channel has separate outputs for advanced CV routing.
- 16 CV channels with separate CV outputs.
- Skip, Jump and Pad features for each channel.
- Unipolar, Bipolar and Note output modes.
- Common musical scales, with selectable root note via UI or MIDI.
- Octave and range controls when in Note mode.
- Normal, One Shot and Random modes.
- Selectable slide.
- Pattern reverse and bounce modes.
- Synchronise with sequencer, external clock or free run.
- Swing control.
- Audio envelope and chopping facility.
- CV add and multiply.
- Chaining of devices for unlimited channels.
The AS-16 Rack Extension is available from the Propellerhead Shop for the introductory price of 25 EUR / $29 USD.
More information: DLD Technology / AS-16
Softube has announced the release of Tube Delay Rack Extension, a delay effect for Propellerhead Reason.
Front and back panel of the Tube Delay for Reason.
Tube Delay combines the versatility of a digital delay with a world class model of tube distortion.
It can distort both the original signal and the delay signal separately, and also incorporates a great model of a passive Treble and Bass filter.
The sound and workflow is identical to the VST, AAX, RTAS and AU versions which are already available for other DAW platforms.
Tube Delay features
- 1-1000 ms delay.
- Sync tempo to host.
- Vintage style passive EQ.
- Gritty feedback feature.
- Tube preamp simulaton.
The Tube Delay Rack Extension is available to purchase for $79 USD / 65 EUR.
More information: Softube / Tube Delay RE
Soundcells has announced the release of Viking Signature, a collection of legendary Moog sounds for the Reason Rack.
Viking Signature is based on the Viking Rack Extension synthesizer – a great sounding emulation of the Moog Voyager. The Viking Signature ReFill convinces with its funky and soulful leads, authentic sounding bass patches with an awesome bottom end and several wired SFX patches.
If you own Viking be sure to complete your ReFill collection with Viking Signature – a powerful soundset at a ‘knockdown‘ price …
Viking Signature features
- 45 combinator patches.
- 70 Viking patches full of soulful leads and great basses.
- Authentic Moog character for your Reason Rack.
- Well balanced volume settings & carefully assigned modwheel and combinator buttons and knobs.
The Viking Signature ReFill is available to purchase for the introductory price of 7.90 EUR until October 20th, 2013 (regular 9.90 EUR). The soundset requires the Viking Rack Extension (not included).
More information: Soundcells / Viking Signature