, Akai Professional
, sample player
Posted in news
on Mar 11, 2014
Akai Professional has announced the MPX16, an advanced sample player with onboard sound recording.
The portable MPX16 plays and records .WAV samples using SD cards for powerful, reliable performance in live and studio situations. Like the popular MPX8, samples are triggered internally from the highly responsive MPC-style pads or an external MIDI device via USB-MIDI and 3.5mm (1/4-inch) MIDI inputs. Also a feature-packed MIDI pad controller, the MPX16 is equally capable of launching clips or adding trigger pads to a producer’s studio.
Samples are captured at CD-quality via dual 6.3mm (1/4-inch) inputs or the on-board stereo microphone and saved to an SD card. The user may assign audio clips to the pads and apply tuning, filters, envelopes and “choke” grouping for creative, dynamic performances. An LCD screen and illuminated trigger pads provide visual feedback during use, and the MPX16 may be powered from a USB port or the included power supply. Naturally, users may load existing sound files onto an SD card or use the MPX16 as an SD card reader for drag-and-drop convenience on a Mac or PC. A software tool for even easier sample management is included via download.
- Record and play back stereo .WAV samples using any SD card.
- 16 ultra-responsive, velocity sensitive backlit trigger pads.
- Sample via 6.3mm (1/4-inch) inputs or internal mic.
- MIDI In/Out easily integrates into your performance or studio setup.
- Filter, tune, envelope and choke grouping on each pad.
- CD quality sampling and playback.
- Includes computer software editor for efficient loading and editing of samples.
- Acts as an SD card reader for loading sounds over USB.
- Powered by USB or the included power supply; SD card included.
The MPX16 will be available in Summer 2014, distributed worldwide with a $199.99 USD street price.
Akai Professional will unveil the MPX16 at Musikmesse, Hall 5.1, Booth B45, March 12-15 in Frankfurt, Germany.
More information: Akai Pro
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of Effectrix iPad Edition, an app for creative and efficient music production.
Sugar Bytes’s game-changing tool for creative and efficient music production is now available on the iPad.
Effectrix is the industry standard for audio manipulation. Always tight and as easy to use as finger paint.
On the iPad, Effectrix shows off it´s incredible usability. Just grab and draw Effects for immediate results. All common interfaces such as Inter App Audio or Audio Bus are supported. Effectrix works in Auria and also will import songs from your iTunes library.
Effectrix iPad Edition features
- Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops).
- Integrated Recorder (various options: Start/Stop/Sync/Length).
- Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable).
- Inter-App Audio (Effect) & Audiobus Support (Sender & Effect).
- Audiocopy / Audiopaste.
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, Extern).
- MIDI Clock Sync.
- 20 fine loops installed.
- 230 factory presets (100 global, ca. 9 per effect).
- Redesigned GUI for perfect touch experience.
The app is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: Sugar Bytes / Effectrix iPad Edition
Embertone has launched Harmonette, a free virtual instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Harmonette is a rare, antique instrument, and in all of our research we could not find a similar one! It looks like a recorder, but functions and sounds more like a melodica. And it’s super old – our best guess is somewhere between 60-80 years.
The Christmas-like colors inspired us to offer the Harmonette as a free, time-limited instrument… the window of opportunity to download this will be very small. So what are you waiting for!? Grab this instrument and make some music!
- One squeaky toy, huge range of sounds.
- 11 NKI files.
- 32 MB installed.
- Sample resolution: 48 Khz / 16-bit stereo.
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt version 4.2 or later full retail versions required.
The library is a free download at Embertone for a limited time.
More information: Embertone / Harmonette
Marcos Alonso has released version 1.3 of the Samplr music app for iPad.
Samplr allows you to make music and play with sound in a new and intuitive way by touching the waveform on the screen with your fingers. Explore the sounds melody and texture using the different play modes and create your music compositions with the gesture recorder.
Changes in Samplr v1.3
- New Features:
- New play mode: Arpeggiator.
- MIDI Sync Input.
- Recording overdub.
- Dropbox import.
- Tap Tempo.
- Global Play/Stop.
- New loops by Carles López.
- iOS 7 support.
- 8 voices per sample.
- “Open in…” for audio files.
- Export to AudioShare.
- Latest Audiobus.
- Mono audio recordings on iOS 7.
- Audio engine crashes.
Samplr for iPad is available to purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Samplr
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Nov 04, 2013
IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube, AmpliTube Fender, AmpliTube Slash, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix and VocaLive users get 40% discount on the Recorder through in app purchase.
From now until November 14th, 2013 you can get the multi-track recorder inside your favorite guitar or vocal app for a great price. AmpliTube users can also save 40% on the Studio and Studio + Recorder in-app purchase as well.
Inside AmpliTube and VocaLive’s multi-track recorder, you can use the handy “Apply FX” feature to subtly or radically change the sound of your recorded vocals and instruments without having to re-record them. Capture your ideas quickly by recording your performances with the built-in recorder featuring re-amping capabilities, then share your track by exporting high quality audio files or M4As – all in the convenience of your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
The limited time offer to get 40% off on a multi-track recorder expires November 14th, 2013.
More information: IK Multimedia
Tek’it Audio has released version 1.2 of RECsoprano, a free recorder instrument plug-in for Windows.
RECsoprano is a free soprano recorder plugin instrument developed in collaboration with the musician Mihai Sorohan.
RECsoprano v1.2 come with numerous optimizations and improvements under the hood.
Changes in RECsporano v1.2
- Many optimizations.
- Unneeded plug-in parameters removed.
- GUI updated info screen.
- Updated support URL.
- Improved installation process.
- User manual updated.
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST).
More information: Tek’it Audio / RECsoprano
n-Track has announced the release of its n-Track Studio multitrack recording app for Android.
n-Track Studio for Android turns your phone or tablet into a recording studio.
n-Track Studio is an audio multitrack recorder that turns your device into a full-fledged recording studio. You can record and playback a virtually unlimited number of audio tracks, mix them during playback and add effects. You can also edit, cut, copy and paste, zoom and drag waveforms.
All the audio tracks are saved as standard wave files and mixed “on the fly” during playback. Once you are satisfied with the recording you can send it by email with a touch of the finger. Or you can mixdown the recorded song in standard .wav or compressed format which you can later open with any 3rd party audio application or use to create an audio CD. You can also export the song in multitrack .sng format and open it with the desktop (Mac and Windows) version of n-Track.
n-Track Studio features
- Record with the builtin mic or line input.
- Never miss a beat with the built-in metronome.
- Unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities).
- EQ with Spectrum analyzer and Sonogram.
- Import existing wave songs and clips.
- Automate track volumes using envelopes.
- Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shift, Phaser, Tube-Am p and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel (8 effects pack available as in-app purchase).
n-Track for Android is available to purchase for $6.99 USD / 5.99 EUR.
More information: n-Track
Allen & Heath has introduced the ICE-16D, an alternative version of the ICE-16 multi-track recorder launched last year.
Both units are 16 In/16 Out audio interfaces, allowing performers and audio engineers to easily capture high quality multi-track recordings direct to a USB drive or interface to a computer. Additionally, the ICE-16D has balanced I/O, designed for those customers using the unit in a studio environment or requiring fully balanced inputs & outputs on AES59 standard D Sub connectors.
Fitted into a compact 1U rack design, ICE-16 and ICE-16D are capable of studio quality interfacing, converting and bi-directional streaming of 16 channels over high-speed USB or FireWire at 24 bit, 96kHz resolution. Alternatively, 16 channels can be simultaneously recorded straight to a USB hard drive or memory stick at up to 24bit 48kHz resolution as a .wav file. The unit is expandable, so you can link units together and synchronize recording of many channels.
Signal and peak metering is provided for each channel and can be switched to show input or output. Headphone monitoring is also included and switches on each channel enable checking of individual or multiple channels. ASIO drivers and Core Audio compliance ensure full compatibility with all the main DAWs, including Logic, Sonar, Cubase and Pro Tools.
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs.
- Front USB socket for quick capturing to USB mass storage devices.
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB2 .0 16×16 audio interface.
- Industry standard wav file format.
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick.
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel.
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring.
- Daisy chain multiple units over FireWire.
- Familiar Transport buttons and intuitive control.
The ICE-16D will be available in September 2013, priced at SRP £825 ex. VAT.
More information: Allen & Heath / ICE-16D