TC Electronic has introduced Ditto Looper X2, its new looper pedal designed for guitar players.
The original Ditto Looper rocked guitarists with a lust for looping like nothing else. Finally something that was simple, made for guitarists and sounded great.
What would possibly be better? Well, how about all of that, plus new, next level looping features forged from pure awesome?
- Dedicated Start/Stop Button
- Looper effects: Stop, Reverse and Half Speed
- Loop Import/Export and Backing tracks
Ditto Looper X2 features
- The guitarist’s looper – made by guitarists for guitarists.
- Loop FX (Reverse and ½ speed).
- Import/Export loops from PC/Mac.
- Backing Track – perfect for solo practice and live performance.
- Stereo In/Out.
- Undo / Redo function.
- Unlimited overdubs.
- Audiophile approved 24-bit uncompressed high quality audio.
- Dedicated Stop/Clear footswitch.
- True bypass and Analog-Dry-Through.
- 5 minutes of looping.
The Ditto Looper X2 will be available from March 1st, 2014, priced at MSRP $179.99 USD / 169 EUR.
More information: TC Electronic / Ditto Looper X2
Posted in news
on Jan 08, 2014
Apogee Electronics has announced the release of MiC 96k, a professional quality microphone for GarageBand on iPad, iPhone and Mac.
Apogee MiC 96k is a digital microphone designed to deliver studio quality recording you can take anywhere. Use MiC 96k to record vocals, spoken word, acoustic guitar, piano, drums…anything! Inspired by the most revered and classic microphones in history, MiC 96k is designed to sound amazing and be easy to use with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
MiC 96k combines a microphone, microphone preamp and an A/D converter into one compact device. Apogee has carefully designed each part of MiC 96k to deliver the lowest noise and highest quality signal possible for a digital microphone. And it all fits in your pocket.
MiC 96k features
- PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality.
- Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone.
- Up to 96kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion.
- Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain.
- No configuration, just plug in and record.
- Control knob allows easy input level adjustment.
- Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring.
- Designed for vocal and acoustic instrument recording.
- Also great for recording interviews, podcasts, voice overs, and audio for DSLR video.
- All metal construction.
- Extremely compact and portable.
- Works with GarageBand.
- Bus-powered by iPad, iPhone or Mac (no batteries or external power required).
- Made in the U.S.A.
The MiC 96k is now shipping worldwide, priced at $229 USD.
More information: Apogee Electronics / MiC 96k
Abeem Live Technologies has announced the release of Rack Performer 1.0, a pro-audio software for live performance, sound design and real-time audio processing.
Rack Performer is a high-level modular environment hosting VST plugins and internal modules (over 100 and counting), with MIDI support, multi-channel audio I/O and internal processing, complete automatic patch-delay compensation, sample accurate sequencing, low jitter and latency.
As a platform dedicated to stage performance, Rack Performer helps the live musician at every step from the rehearsal to the concert.
Rack Performer features
- High-level modular host.
- Over 100 internal modules.
- VST plugins support.
- Scene Snapshots.
- Virtual Screens.
- Low jitter sample-accurate sequencing engine.
- Multichannel audio processing.
- Multichannel HD recording.
- Dedicated audio monitoring.
- Audio: up to to 32 inputs and up to 32 outputs, full-duplex.
- MIDI: up to 128 inputs and up to 128 outputs + routing.
- MIDI Clock / MTC / MMC / MSC external sync.
Rack Performer for Windows is available to purchase for 139 EUR (single user license).
More information: Live Factory / Rack Performer
Bremmers Audio Design has launched MultitrackStudio for iPad, a streamlined, simplified version of the MultitrackStudio audio/MIDI multitrack recording software.
It’s even easier to use, even more straightforward and even more fun.
Think MultitrackStudio but leave out the computer problems and distractions… that’s MultitrackStudio for iPad!
MultitrackStudio for iPad features
- Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
- Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI controllers, timesig/tempo and song.
- One effect return section.
- One master section.
- Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
- Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Pseudo Stereo, Reverb, Saturator, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
- MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible) and one CoreMIDI output device.
- MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, drum and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device.
- Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
- Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
- Exports .wav and .mid files.
- Exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song in MultitrackStudio for Windows/OS X.
The app is available to purchase at an introductory 40% discount until January 20th, 2014, priced at $18 USD (regular $30 USD).
More information: MultitrackStudio for iPad
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Jan 07, 2014
CEntrance has announced a crowd-funding effort to speed up the production of MixerFace, its new mobile recording interface for smartphones and tablets.
MixerFace connects professional microphones with smartphones, tablets and laptops. The small, battery-powered mobile device includes two studio-grade microphone preamps and rich digital connectivity options, enabling professional-quality recording on the go.
The new product comes on the heels of CEntrance’s successful “HiFi-M8″ (pronounced HiFi-Mate) portable DAC and headphone amp for the audiophile listening community. MixerFace integrates the smart phone into the audio production workflow, creating mobile recording capability for the modern, on-the-go musician, broadcaster and VO artist.
- Two custom, discrete, boutique microphone preamps, based on our new, low-noise dbpre technology.
- Each input features a Neutrik combo XLR jack with mic / line inputs and a wide-range gain control. Inputs can accommodate a guitar pedal board, as well as keyboards and other XLR or 1/4″ audio sources.
- A Hi-Z input has been requested and may be added.
- Two LED level indicators per channel (green for signal present, red for peak)
- 48V phantom power for using professional condenser microphones. Switchable per channel.
- 24-bit / 192kHz A/D and D/A converters.
- An innovative monitoring and mixing section that allows to pan each channel and control the dry/wet signal mix in the headphones.
- Loud headphone amplifier with digital volume control.
- Fully portable operation. Fits right underneath the phone, straps right to it and serves as a cradle, forming one device to hold.
- Works with old 30-pin iPhones and new lightning connector-based iPhones. Shorter cable options will be available as well.
The Indiegogo campaign aims to raise $52,000 USD by January 31, 2014 (11:59pm PT).
MixerFace is set for release in April 2014 and will be priced at $599 USD, while Indiegogo contributors can save a significant amount and be the first to receive the new product well in advance of stores.
More information: MixerFace
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in promo
on Dec 31, 2013
Plugin Boutique has launched a sale for the Sonar X3 music production software for Windows by Cakewalk.
Create music in any style with cutting-edge instruments, effects, and creative tools. Thanks to the award-winning Skylight user interface, SONAR X3 lets you move seamlessly in your production workspace, instantly going from recording to editing to mixing and back again.
Produce flawless tracks with the 64-Bit Double Precision audio engine and upload polished mixes directly to YouTube and SoundCloud. Plus, SONAR X3 lets you do it all without limiting the number of tracks and plugins; all while supporting the latest technologies like VST3, multi-touch, and Gobbler cloud save.
Cakewalk Sonar X3 is available at a 50% discount at Plugin Boutique on December 31st, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Sonar X3
Fiedler Audio has released version 1.2 of AD 480 Reverb, a reverb app for iOS.
The AD 480 is the first professional reverb effect app for your iDevices. In the studio, on stage, on the road or simply on your sofa – with the AD 480 you get a flexible effect you can use anywhere you might be. It works as a stand alone effect app (especially well with a connected audio interface) or inside Audiobus.
Changes in AD 480 Reverb v1.2
- InterApp Audio.
- Audio Recording, Playback and Offline Processing.
- Import and Export of Audio Files.
- iTunes Library Access.
- Dynamic Upgrade (all present versions of the AD 480 on your iDevice are automatically upgraded to the highest version installed, i.e. if you have AD 480 free, basic and pro installed, they all become pro!).
- AD 480 free got a mix fader.
- AD 480 basic got inApp purchase for upgrading to pro.
The AD 480 Reverb is available to purchase for $3.99 USD (Basic) / $14.99 USD (Pro). A free version is also available.
More information: Fiedler Audio / AD 480 Reverb
Soundiron has announced the release of Phonautograms v2.0, an upgraded and expanded collection of atmospheric instruments for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This historic instrument is drawn from some of mankind’s earliest known sound recordings, drawn from archival source carefully restored by First Sounds. Based on inventor Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville’s 1860 “Gamme de la Voix” vocal scale recording, this collection features playable vintage chromatic sustains, as well as newly crafted modern sound-designed creative ambient and electro-percussive content.
For the new version we’ve expanded the sample content by tenfold and added a custom Kontakt user interface that features automatable dynamic volume swelling, note attack, note release, sample start offset and pitch transposition. We also added nearly 200 MB of new ambient material crafted from the source in the form of 31 synths, evolving soundscapes and dark atmospheres. We also created a variety of newly resynthesized percussive hits and FX from the source, building a unique kit with 41 electro kicks, snares, hats, toms and fx. Our custom DSP effects rack is also featured for Kontakt, featuring customizable distortion, EQ, filter, delay and much more. The convolution reverb effect contains 70 custom-recorded environmental and FX impulse responses.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $5 USD until December 25th, 2013 (regular $10 USD). During this sale, a free copy of the special edition Sleighbells multisample library (283 MB) is included with a purchase of Phonautograms.
More information: Soundiron / Phonautograms