AcmeBarGig has released version 1.6 of iFace, an interface plug-in for RedWirez impulse response libraries.
iFace is here to change the way you interact with your RedWirez impulse response libraries. Be done with the manual navigation methods of the past, and discover the best interface for one of the best IR libraries around!
Changes in iFace v1.6
- Saving your selections as their own Cabinet Files.
- Using external Cabinets.
- Support for Recabinet 2.02 through Menu Templates.
- Support for ALL Redwirez cabinets.
- New, more organized internal menu.
- Cabinet Blend slider.
- Serial and parallel convolution.
iFace for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for $21.12 USD. A free 30-day trial can be downloaded from the iFace product page.
More information: AcmeBarGig / iFace
, effect plugins
, Scuffham Amps
Posted in news
on May 13, 2011
Scuffham Amps has released S-Gear, a collection of software guitar amps and effects.
Plug-in and Play! S-Gear delivers the high quality guitar tones that we are all looking for. Get the most from your playing, download S-Gear and take advantage of our 15 day free trial.
- World class amp designs
- Highly accurate pre and power amp tube models.
- Authentic tube power amp dynamics.
- Classic tone stack and filtering configurations.
- 100% natural guitar amp tone and feel.
- State of the art cabinet emulation
- Dual 64bit high-res convolution processor.
- Built-in cabinet impulses by Redwirez.
- Unique ‘Z’-control tube amp impedance modelling.
- Import mono or stereo impulses in .wav format.
- Fine tune with specially designed shelving EQ.
- Warm, musical delay processor
- Two delay character modes: Analogue and Tube.
- Mono and Stereo operation.
- Modulation and Tone controls.
- Warm tape delay and BBD simulations.
- Easy and intuitive interface
- Organise your tones into Presets, Banks and Sets.
- Easy Import and Export of settings.
- MIDI control of presets, banks and parameters (MIDI functions not available in v1.0).
- Simple installation and licensing
- Standalone Application and VST plug-in.
- One click online activation – NO USB DONGLES!
- Deactivate online and migrate your licence.
- Two simultaneous activations per licence.
S-Gear for Windows (VST/Standalone) is available to purchase for $75 USD excl. VAT. A Mac version is coming soon.
More information: Scuffham Amps
, impulse responses
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 20, 2010
RedWirez has released a free impulse library of a Marshall 1960A with Celestion G12M 25-watt Greenbacks.
Ah, the legendary Marshall 1960A. Pretty, ain’t it? With its grill-cloth glistening in the bar-light as this beast muscles out power chords in an amaranthine haze of smoke, hot lights and adoring fans… this cab positively reeks of rock… the raucous, beer-soaked, unapologetic kind. Oh, and it sounds great, too.
It was the first cab we ever sampled and is still one of our favorites, so it seems fitting to release these IRs into the wild on Redwirez’ birthday.
Marshall 1960A IR features
- Loaded with four, well-traveled 25-watt Celestion G12M “Greenbacks”.
- 17 industry standard mics, so explore countless tonal possibilities: AKG C414B-ULS, Audix D6, Audix i5, Beyerdynamic M160, Coles 4038, Electrovoice RE20, Heil PR30, Neumann KM84, Neumann U47, Neumann U67, Neumann U87, Royer R121, Sennheiser MD409, Sennheiser MD421, Shure SM57, Shure SM7, TAB-Funkenwerk SM57. The paid version also includes DPA 4007, Neumann U47FET, Sennheiser MD441, Unidyne III 545, Earthworks TC30, Neumann M7 on BLUE Bottle, Neumann M8 on BLUE Bottle.
- Added IRs of the G12M’s impedance curve at varying degrees of prominince (paid version only). These can be used to capture the effect of a tube amp interacting with the speaker. In general, tube amps have a higher output impedance than solid-state amps. As a result the speaker’s frequency response is shaped to varying degrees by it’s own impedance curve. All of our cabs will be getting this update in the near future.
- Up to 54 positions per mic for a total of 777 IRs (1048 in the paid version)
- Uncompromising signal chain that won’t add undesirable color to your sound. Bryston 4B -> Cab -> Mic -> Neve 1073 or Earthworks 1022 -> Prism Orpheus.
- Edited for better phase coherence allowing you to mix multiple IRs.
The Marshall 1960A/G12M cab is available as a free download (valid email address required).
More information: RedWirez