Results for rekkerd.org
Below are the posts that should have something to do with 'rekkerd.org'.
Note: Use the search form in the top right if you're looking for something specific.
Following the release of his single Love Me on iTunes, Kristofer Dahl of GuitarMasterClass has announced the Love Me competition, a chance to collaborate and win prizes.
GuitarMasterClass now features an exclusively follow up guitar lesson that teaches all the parts of the song at http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/love-me-lesson/
Kris has launched an open contest at YouTube, inviting you to be part of the upcoming “Love Me collab video” by playing a solo to the backing track of the Love Me song.
Love Me Competition
- Competition backing track download link
- Deadline: September 15
- Rules: Send audio & video (or still image of you playing) to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably using rapidshare.com or other file sharing service in case of larger files)
- Include a solo track of your playing & and be a part of the upcoming Love Me collab video.
- Competition Prizes: 3 winners get to choose between skype session with Kris or 6 month GMC membership. Winners will be announced on Kris’ Youtube channel.
GuitarMasterClass is kindly offering rekkerd.org readers a chance to win 3 month GMC membership. Winners will be picked at random for those who comment on this post before Friday 19 August, 11.59pm CET.
Point Blank is offering rekkerd.org readers the chance to get a Spotify Free download invite.
Spotify, last week, finally got round to opening their services up to our cousins across the pond. Now music lovers across America have the chance to stream full albums for free, download the songs they like and sync their spotify accounts with facebook, twitter and their iPods.
This recent release comes as Spotify passed the 1 million subscriber milestone across Europe and continues to grow both structurally, as well as in its relentless pursuit of pushing legal digital music consumption and accessability forward.
To celebrate Spotify’s landmark adventure in to the great American unknown; the guys over at Spotify HQ have offered Point Blank a limited number invitions for users to download the service for free.
Point Blank is offering a Spotify Free invite to the first 10 people who comment on this post.
Many thanks to Point Blank Online!
*Note: make sure to use a valid email address when submitting your comment or you will not be able to receive the invite (no need to actually write the address in the comment).
Rackflip has anounced the launch of its website, which offers Reason ReFills from various indie developers.
It’s not easy finding high quality Reason ReFills that are cheese-free and aren’t based on passing genres or trends. Rackflip is here to change that by serving up only the finest, most unique ReFills from the best Reason sound designers on the scene.
Rackflip just launched with 12 awesome titles from the talents of New Atlantis Audio, Jiggery-Pokery, Reason101 and Point Zero Productions. You’ll find exotic percussions, vintage analog recreations, field recording adventures and a huge variety of creative sampling, synthesis and expert Reason sound craftsmanship.
There are plenty more on the way, and if you’re a Reason sound designer yourself you may be able to sell your own ReFills on Rackflip! Get in touch with them through their website to find out more.
All titles are available via instant download. You can buy, download and be playing in no time.
For a limited time, Rekkerd readers can save 10% off their orders by using the code REKKERD during checkout.
More information: Rackflip
rekkerd.org is pleased to announce an exclusive, limited time promotion in collaboration with discoDSP, offering all rekkerd.org readers a 35% discount on discoDSP products.
- Discovery R3.3, virtual analog synthesizer.
- Discovery Pro R5.5, higher quality and features than his small cousin Discovery, retaining all previous functionalities.
- Phantom 1.2, PM/FM synthesizer featuring parameter morphing.
- Vertigo 2, additive synthesizer.
The offer is valid until May 31, 2011.
Enter coupon code rekkerd31maypromo at checkout to receive 35% off your order.
More information: discoDSP
Just a little reminder that you only have 3 days left to join the Moving music production contest.
To be honest I am not entirely sure if I will have internet access to check the latest entries in the next few days as I will be moving my internet/TV gear over to my new home over the weekend. Hopefully my provider has set thing up like they said they would… yeah…
Anyway, if you still would like a chance to win some fabulous prizes from DNR Collaborative, CableGuys, Synapse Audio, Wave Alchemy, and Soniccouture, then get started now.
Deadline is April 3rd, 11.59pm CET!
More information at the contest page.
As I am preparing to relocate my family to a new house this March, the subject of “moving” has been on my mind a lot lately.
Moving is about putting things in motion. Besides the obvious physical aspect, there can be quite an emotional side to moving as well. Seemed like a suitable theme for a music production contest.
Most of you would probably join the contest for the fun of it, but it doesn’t hurt to have some nice prizes, right? I am pleased to say there are lots of goodies to be won this time around.
The following list is in no particular order (as winners each get to pick their choice from the prize pot, per the contest rules below).
- Three downloads of your choice from Wave Alchemy, the sound design outfit responsible for some of the best electronic drum sample libraries around.
- DUNE, Synapse Audio‘s new flagship “differential unison engine” synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac. A copy of the slightly older yet still venerable and duly popular Hydra multi-model synth is also on offer.
- $500 USD store credit at Soniccouture, the established company behind many unusual & unique sample libraries such as Glass Works, The Skiddaw Stones, Balinese Gamelan, (Xtended) Piano, and the upcoming Ondes Martenot.
- Berlin-based Cableguys contributes a total of 4 prizes from its exciting line of audio plug-ins. Single licenses for Curve, FilterShaper 2 & VolumeShaper 2, plus the complete Cableguys Bundle.
- A two year all-inclusive subscription account at DNR Collaborative, which gives access to the entire product catalog + 2 years worth of new products. On top of that three randomly picked contestants will receive a Transitions Bundle.
Yes, that’s no less than 12 prizes to be won!
Although this is not a sample remix contest I still made sample pack for those who enjoy working with loops. The download includes 24 .wav samples (24bit), both melodic and beats. You can preview & download individual files from the SoundCloud player below, or download the complete pack here (47.9MB RAR archive).
Please make sure to read the contest rules below carefully. Good luck, and have fun!
The contest deadline is set to April 3rd.
- Compose a song with the following theme: “Moving”.
There are no specific rules on how to incorporate the theme, be creative.
- Your entry must be written specifically for this contest.
- A free sample pack is available to download for those who enjoy working with samples. Use of these samples is not required. You may process/manipulate the sample(s) in any way you like.
- Upload your entry to SoundCloud and share it to the contest group before April 3, 2011, 11.59pm CET. One entry per contestant allowed.
Confirm your entry by email(no longer accepting entries)
- In order to be eligible to win, contestants are required to vote for their top 5 within a week after the contest deadline. Contestants will be contacted to submit their votes. Note: you cannot vote for your own entry.
- Winners choose a prize from the prize pool in order of placement (1st place winner picks first, then 2nd, etc.). All prizes are granted at the discretion of rekkerd.org. Some prizes may be subject to specific conditions imposed by the sponsor (e.g. NFR licenses).
The terms of this contest are subject to change and may be amended without prior notice.
Listen to the contest entries from the SoundCloud player below.
From a total of 55 submitted entries the top 10 voted tracks are:
- 3ee – Transit 1983 (score of 57 from 17 votes)
- Crystal Craft – Inner Me (score of 52 from 15 votes)
- Noizefield – go far away (score of 45 from 14 votes)
- _jackie – Magic Wheels (score of 33 from 9 votes)
- DuncanMackay – Disaster (score of 31 from 11 votes)
- Nkurence – nori hyvn (score of 27 from 10 votes)
- Elektronicguitars – relocator (score of 27 from 9 votes)
- Jonas the plugexpert – poekie (score of 23 from 8 votes)
- Sion – Analog movement (Original mix) (score of 23 from 7 votes)
- KlangKind – Moving (score of 22 from 7 votes)
Congratulations to 3ee for winning the contest! Winners will be contacted regarding their prize soon. The three randomly picked winners of the Transitions Bundles from DNR Collaborative are Max Lunau, Pumaman, and Diego G.
Well done everyone, thanks for taking part and hope to see again at the next contest!
It has been a good year for rekkerd.org, and me personally (for those who don’t know, it’s just me running this site).
Some short stats on 2010:
- I managed to churn out close to 3,200 posts, a slight increase over the 2,900 posts from 2009.
- 35 sample libraries and plugins got reviewed, I organized three music production contests, and posted four free sample packs.
- Rekkerd also started hosting a bunch more freeware plug-ins, including Fretted Synth and Lost Technology.
- The rekkerd SoundCloud page seems to have become a more active place over the year, and I’m happy to read many of you enjoyed the few tunes I miraculously found the time for to do.
- Despite having terrible social networking skills the site’s Twitter page just went 1,000+ followers, and I signed up for FaceBook even though everyone and their mother seems to dislike it for privacy issues or whatever.
Anyway, this is not why I wanted to write this post.
Whether you come here for the latest news, for free samples and plugins, visiting incidentally or many times a day, I just wanted to say …
… for visiting and supporting rekkerd throughout 2010.
May 2011 be a most wonderful year for you and yours, full of new musical adventures. Hope to see you again in the new year!
Cheers & many blessings,