Avid has announced the release of VENUE 2.9 software, advancing the art of live sound mixing and recording with enhanced communication between the industry’s leading digital audio workstation (DAW)—Pro Tools®—and VENUE live sound systems through the new VENUE Link feature, along with additional software enhancements.
With VENUE Link, users can eliminate many of the tedious, manual steps involved in making live recordings, and more easily create recordings for Virtual Soundcheck or remixing.
With this release, engineers can also use the new Redundant Output Mode to get more routing and system backup flexibility than ever. The Redundant Output Mode works in conjunction with VENUE option cards to deliver audio output to two Pro Tools systems simultaneously, or even to mixed formats such as Pro Tools and MADI-equipped systems.
VENUE 2.9 features
- Save a tremendous amount of set-up time by creating a Pro Tools session from an existing VENUE show—all track names and routing assignments are created automatically. This also ensures that all tracks are captured with 100% accuracy each and every time.
- Ensure that their Pro Tools session always matches changes to the live show by importing and updating track names from VENUE to an existing Pro Tools session at any time.
- Easily identify key points in the live performance for subsequent remixing or use in Virtual Soundcheck by synchronizing VENUE snapshots with Pro Tools markers.
- Create a backup system and get more routing flexibility with the new Redundant Output Mode, which offers simultaneous recording of up to 64 tracks on two Pro Tools|HD systems for failsafe backup. Users can also record to a local Pro Tools system while also sending audio through MADI to another digital console or audio workstation.
- Get more I/O flexibility at the mix position with the VENUE IOx Option Card, which now works with VENUE Mix Rack—in addition to VENUE FOH Rack— providing a total of eight analog inputs and outputs and eight digital inputs and outputs.
VENUE 2.9 Software is available through VENUE resellers as a $149 USD upgrade for all VENUE owners. The VENUE IOx Option Card is available now through all VENUE resellers.
More information: Avid / VENUE
Point Blank, London, the UK’s premier Music Production college are currently celebrating the global successes of three past students in the Remix arena. Namely: Detboi, Gareth Wyn and Jahawi.
- Detboi (Producer / Remixer & DJ) – After taking the Minimal Techno, Mixing Dance Music and Deep & Soulful House courses at Point Blank Online Music Production School, Detboi saw his crazy brand of tropical flavoured, bass-heavy rave skyrocket to releases on massive labels including Skint, Surface Noise and Herve’s Cheap Thrills. Despite his success, Detboi continues to enrol on Point Blank’s courses and expand his diverse knowledge of dance music production.
- Gareth Wyn (Beyonce & Leona Remixes Released by Sony) – Gareth has remixed Beyonce’s last two singles and Leona Lewis’ recent comeback single ‘Happy’ for Sony and his own tracks have been released on Maelstrom, CR2 and Ministry of Sound, winning acclaim from the likes of Paul van Dyk, Pete Tong and BT.
And he’s continued his highly successful association with Liverpool superclub Cream, with a main room residency in Ibiza and a slamming set at this years Creamfields. The turning point says Gareth was learning with Point Blank’s Danny J Lewis – “That was the course that brought everything together for me and gave me the kick start I needed”. Keep your eyes on the booth and ears to the speaker – Gareth Wyn is on fire!
- Jahawi – Within six months of enrolling at Point Blank, former student Jahawi had two remixes released – for none other than Armand Van Helden!!
“I’d been dabbling in production for a few months before I went to Point Blank. I found that I could get to a certain point, but I couldn’t use the equipment to its full potential. I was getting frustrated. I had all these ideas but I didn’t have the skills to translate what was in my head into music.”
Jahawi didn’t waste any time in putting his new-found skills into practice.
His remixes of Armand Van Helden’s “A Track Called Jack” and “I Want Your Soul.” have been released in the UK by Southern Fried Records and in the US by Ultra Records.
Point Blank’s next 4 week online Remixing Course starts 29th November 2010 featuring exclusive input from these professional remixers: CJ Mackintosh, Phil Asher, Ben Medcalf, Grant Nelson, Gareth Wyn, Mike Koglin and Danny J Lewis. Plus interviews with the following labels: CR2, Freerange, Island Records, Noys and remix assets from Reelgroove.
Limited places for this course are still available. It costs £325 GBP.
More information: Point Blank
, Eelke Kleijn
, Groove 3
, Ourside The Box Music
, Roger Martinez
Posted in news
on Nov 09, 2010 - 0 comments
FindRemix has announced the Roger Martinez – “Moment” Remix Contest.
We are very excited to announce another big remix contest! Run in collaboration with Outside The Box Music Records, the label created by Dutchman Eelke Kleijn, we are offering up the parts for dancefloor killer “Moment” by Roger Martinez. You will qualify to get your remix release on the label, plus prizes by SoundCloud and Groove3, the fantastic music training company.
For those who still don’t know him, Roger’s music has been supported through the years by the likes of Fedde le Grand, Tiësto, Marco V, Paul van Dijk, Hernan Cattaneo and Sander van Doorn. His first ever released record “The House” was immediately charted by Paul van Dijk, number 1 DJ at the time according to DJ Mag. He also played in Spain (Ibiza), Romania, Switzerland, England, Lithuania and many more.
Deadline for submitting your entry is December 12, 2010.
More information: FindRemix
Posted in news
on Nov 02, 2010 - 0 comments
DSPaudio has released Spectrum 2, a performance sequencer (formerly Nortron) with instant control over every musical aspect of your track, providing a higher level of interaction that inspires new ways of writing and remixing your songs.
After 3000 years of hard work, the team is pleased to announce Spectrum 2! The innovative live sequencer from DSPAudio now sports a built-in synthesizer, up to 32 channels, animated envelopes, channel groups, DJ style tempo controls, new modulation targets, and more!
Spectrum 2 features
- 32 channels of sequencing.
- 128 patterns up to 16 steps long.
- Elastic Envelopes that shrink and grow with note-length.
- Animated Envelopes – a different waveform for each note.
- Beat-match using DJ style tempo controls to push and pull the BPM.
- Modulate MIDI CC, note-length, velocity, pitch, number of notes, tempo, cursor position.
- Playback directions, groove templates, cross modulations, and more.
- Pitch Quantize to 20 different scales.
- 8 assignable Groups to control multiple channels at once.
- Polygnomes physical modeling synthesizer.
- Note input from computer keyboard, MIDI keyboard, or Realtime Audio->MIDI.
- Navigate the entire interface by mapping MIDI CC’s to controls and keystrokes.
- Performance modes for working live with DJs, Bands, or solo.
- Channel and Global transposition controls.
- Channel Delay from 0-750ms.
- MIDI CC Maps/ MIDI Learn.
- VST / VSTi Host.
- Rewire, IAC, CoreMIDI, and CoreAUDIO are fully supported.
- Full integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Live, and other popular DAWs.
Spectrum 2 is available to purchase for Mac, priced at $199 USD. Norton 1.2 users can upgrade free of charge.
More information: DSPaudio
Related: audio interface
, Ean Golden
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2010 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced that TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is now available in stores worldwide.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is an innovative DJ system with state-of-the-art performance capabilities and immediate tactile control, representing a new level of software and hardware integration that makes DJing more versatile, more intuitive, and more fun.
The full-featured controller combines a four-channel mixer section with ergonomically laid-out high-quality control elements and an integrated audio interface, while the included TRAKTOR PRO S4 software offers the full feature set of TRAKTOR PRO, further expanded through powerful new performance functions and an optimized user interface. Based on ten years of digital DJing expertise, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 gives DJs of all genres unparalleled creative possibilities with supreme work flow and ease-of-use.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is available for a suggested price of $999 USD / 899 EUR from authorized dealers and in the NI Online Shop. A flight case is available as an optional accessory for $189 USD / 169 EUR.
The introduction of TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 is accompanied by two performance videos with advanced DJ routines from controllerism pioneer Ean Golden, complemented with an explanatory tutorial.
More information: Native Instruments / TRAKTOR KONTROL S4
Related: audio interface
, Native Instruments
Posted in news
on Oct 06, 2010 - 0 comments
Native Instruments has announced that TRAKTOR KONTROL S4, its first integrated DJ system, will be in stores beginning November 1st.
TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 represents a new level of software and hardware integration that makes DJing more versatile, more intuitive and more fun. The full-featured controller combines a four-channel mixer section with ergonomically laid-out high-quality control elements and an integrated audio interface, all designed to professional specifications.
The included TRAKTOR PRO S4 software offers the full feature set of TRAKTOR PRO, further expanded through powerful new performance functions and an optimized user interface. Based on ten years of digital DJing expertise, TRAKTOR KONTROL S4 gives DJs of all genres unparalleled creative possibilities with supreme work flow and ease-of-use.
Traktor Kontrol S4 will be available for a suggested retail price of $999 USD / 899 EUR, with the optional flightcase being available for $189 USD / 169 EUR. Pre-orders are also now accepted in the NI Online Shop.
More information: Native Instruments / Traktor Kontrol S4
Findremix has announced the Cid Inc. Remix Contest, a chance to remix “Filaments”, an exclusive track created exclusively for this contest.
Named by Beatport as one of their Progressive House Artists of 2009, Henri Hurtig – otherwise known as Cid Inc – is Producer, Remixer, Dj, Mastering Engineer and Label Manager of Replug Recordings. He signed their productions to many of the best labels around including Bedrock and Global Underground. There have been numerous compilation appearances along with a strong remix portfolio; John Digweed, Pole Folder, Mason and D-Nox & Beckers were among those given a reworking in the duo’s forward thinking progressive style.
Henri has made an exclusive track for this competition named “Filaments” and we are giving you the parts to remix it. Don’t miss the opportunity to remix a World-Class and enter the competition, you can win amazing prizes!
The deadline for submitting your entry is October 1, 2010. Prizes include a release on Replug Recordings, Ableton Live Intro, SoundCloud Premium Accounts, tracks mastered by Cid Inc., and an interview on Findremix.
More information: Findremix / Cid Inc Remix Contest