Renoise has launched BeatBattle V: Underwater, the fifth edition of Renoise’s official music competition.
Despite its name, the competition focuses on themes rather than on beats. The entries are made available in Renoise format to enjoy and learn from.
Renoise BeatBattle V: Underwater
A samplepack for this competition has been created by yOUTH, the winner of BeatBattle 2. The pack contains 37 samples which you can use in any way you want.
According to the rules you can also use your own samples (recorded or VST renders) if you like.
Renoise 1.8′s biggest new features is the sample recorder. Renoise songs with vocals and live instruments are few and far between, which makes us a bit sad. That is why we allow you to create and use your own samples, either by recording them or by rendering VSTs.
The deadline for submitting your song is June 1st and there are many prizes to be won, including software by Camel Audio, Crysonic and Wusik.
Visit the Renoise BeatBattle V: Underwater webpage for more details on this competition.
Renoise v1.5.2 has been released with small fixes and improved stability for both platforms (Windows and Mac OSX).
- Changed MIDI Program Change behaviour: When modifying parameters of a MIDI instrument, Renoise will no longer resend program changes to all the other MIDI instruments, but only to the altered one
- OS X: Improved VST window handling: VST editor windows should now require less CPU – various drawing / resize incompatibilities were fixed
- Windows: Fixed possible random crashes when deleting a VST or native DSP device by clicking on the small “X” button in the DSP device
- OS X: Fixed start-up problems, if Reoise was installed on a case sensitive file system
- OS X: Fixed broken Apple menu in OSX 10.4.3 and higher
- Fixed wrong import of 32 bit float AIFC and 24 bit files
- Fixed broken Impulse Tracker import – songs with compressed samples should load correctly now
- Fixed initialization problems with the Korg-M1 VSTi
- Fixed distorted Audio output with the Normad Phaser VST
- Fixed incorrectly bypassed *VSTiAutomationDevices: Parameter changes were sent to the VSTi even when the device was Bypassed
Renoise v1.5.2 is available for registered users and the demo version has been updated as well.
Check the Renoise website for more information.