Point Blank has announced Monster Timestretch, a free Max for Live device for Ableton Live by Daniel Herbert.
The new Max for Live device from Point Blank is a timestretching plugin based on a technique known as phase vocoding and can time stretch sounds in realtime. It’s similar to the fantastic Paul Stretch and is ideal for creating slowly evolving drone-like textures as well as more futuristic sounds.
There are four different modes which allow you to play through and explore the sound in a variety of ways and literally freeze the sound.
The plugin is limited to processing the first 30 seconds of an audio file and only works within Ableton as a M4L device and will not play in any other DAW. We recommend you use resampling if you need to record the effect to a new audio file.
The plugin is a free download at Point Blank.
More information: Point Blank / Monster Timestretch
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Nov 11, 2013
discoDSP has announced version 1.2 of HighLife, a sampler instrument plugin for Windows, Mac and Linux.
HighLife is a performance sampler and sample editor with 5 built-in effect, flexible modulation, parameter morphing, and the highest offline resampling quality using 512 points SINC algorithm.
Changes in HighLife v1.2
- Mac / Windows / Linux 1.2.1 builds.
- Windows / Linux VST 64-bit support.
- Fixed Options menu behavior.
- VSTi sampling has been temporarily disabled due code rewrite.
HighLife 1.2 costs 49 EUR. An introductory 40% discount is available until November 15th, 2013.
More information: discoDSP / HighLife
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013
Skylife has launched a pre-order for the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X.
Forthcoming is the new release of the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X. For the first time all Mac users can benefit from the professional sample converter Awave Studio in combination with SampleRobot and Alchemy Player. Create, convert, play and edit complex multi-samples and instruments with ease.
With the SampleRobot Sampling Suite Mac users can master all kinds of sampling challenges. It is a complete software package that should be part of every studio.
SampleRobot Sampling Suite features
- Turn acoustic and electronic instruments, voices and noises into virtual instruments fast.
- Fully automated sampling.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated auto-loop processing and editing.
- Alchemy Export Bridge.
- Sampling of virtual instruments.
- Play your samples directly after export, edit effects, modulation and envelopes.
- Convert about 290 audio and multi-sample formats.
- Import formats like AKAI S1000, MPC, Kurzweil K2xxx, Roland S, Ensoniq and MIDI Sample Dump.
- Extract samples from sampling CDs.
- Audio batch processing, auto-loop for all, resampling, normalizing, gaining, fading.
- Export samples directly to Steinberg HALion 4, Logic Pro EXS24, NI Kontakt 4, Reason NN-XT, Waldorf Blofeld, Soundfont2 and many others.
- Import and export for Yamaha Tyros 2+3, Motif XS+XF.
- Full MIDI remote control, incl. program and bank changes, multi-velocity layering.
- Release-sample editing.
- Optimum loop handling incl. forward-backward loop with 2 independent crossfades and auto-gain functionality.
- Sample and export whole synthesizer sound bank in one go (Instrument Copier).
- Premium multi-samples from classic synthesizers included.
The SampleRobot 4 Sampling Suite for Mac OS X is available to pre-order for $349 USD (regular $399 USD). The suite is scheduled for delivery in the last week of June, 2013.
More information: SampleRobot
Loopmasters has introduced Mutate: Harmor Resampling Tools, a soundset by Black Octopus Sound for the Harmor software synthesizer by Image-Line.
Black Octopus Sound presents a selection of tools designed specifically for resampling – the first of its kind! Created to work with the Harmor additive synthesizer, this selection of tools is designed to turn wimpy lifeless synth sounds into beast-like face eating growls and robot dinosaur snarls.
Resampling is the process of taking some recorded audio and loading it back into a sampler or resynthesis engine, adding a few fx or minor tweaks, re-recording the audio again – rinse and repeat. This process allows for some very interesting tones not possible with regular synthesis methods. Resampling can be heard often in many drum and bass and dubstep producers tracks, great examples of resampling can be heard in the legendary electronic group Noisia.
Mutate: Harmor Resampling Tools features
- Channel Presets
9 Harmor presets which range from massive detuned reeses to crunchy distorted basses. 2 Sytrus presets – one classic reese and one utilizing FM synthesis to obtain monster like tones. As a bonus there is also a Mixer FX track preset for FL Studio to beef up your sounds, a love filter preset for some extra modulation, one massive Harmor riser, a demo FLP, and an empty resampling template FLP to get you started.
- Resampling presets
The real fun of this pack, 23 Harmor presets to drag and drop audio in. They are skillfully crafted with precision to add just the right amount of subtle transformation to your sound. They are also chained together in groups (for example Bitten B1, Bitten B2, Bitten B3) to eliminate the guesswork of what presets sound good together. There are no rules however – mix and match and come up with your own favorite combinations.
- In total there are 38 presets. Please note Image-line Harmor is required for most of this pack. Sytrus is also used for 2 presets.
The sound pack is available to purchase for £6.95 GBP.
More information: Black Octopus Sound / Mutate: Harmor Resampling Tools
SoulViaSound has announced the release of Expansive, a sample pack for Native Instruments featuring resampled drum kits from the Anamorphic, Azalera, Pathfinder and Percussive sounds packs for Maschine.
The original sounds packs contain much more samples, also the sounds are multilayer built with nondestructive FX processing. In this iMaschine pack, some of the nondestructive processing is preserved in the resampling process.
If you own Anamorphic, Azalera, Pathfinder or/and Percussive you can simply fine tune the drafts created in iMaschine with the correspondig drum kit.
- 40 drum kits.
- over 600 samples 16 bit 44Khz.
Expansive for iMaschine is available to purchase for 9.99 EUR. Existing SoulViaSound customers get 50% off. It is also 50% off when purchasing a Maschine sound pack, and the soundset is included at no cost with a purchase of the M-Bundle.
More information: SoulViaSound / Expansive