Posted in news
on Oct 02, 2012 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced a limited time promotion for iZotope’s RX2 and RX2 Advanced complete audio repair software throughout October, 2012.
Got an annoying text message beep in the background of your podcast recording?
Need to get rid of that amp hum from your live recording?
Perhaps you’re restoring your old vinyl and want to get rid of those familiar crackles?
iZotope RX2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more. Just listen to the before and after demos to hear how well it works!
RX2 was designed from the ground up specifically for audio restoration and repair with tons of features including…
- Rich spectrogram display visualizes the audio in an incredibly intuitive and precise way.
- New Lasso, Brush and Magic Wand tools allow natural freehand selections around problem sounds.
- Spectral Repair resynthesises audio allowing you to seamlessly remove unwanted individual sounds or even fill gaps in your recording.
- Edit History tracks every change allowing you to undo and compare processing.
- Compare Settings lets you process and audition multiple settings side by side.
- Batch processor can process tons of files quickly with any combination of modules.
- Standalone application and a suite of plug-ins for your DAW to fit the way you want to work.
RX2 is available to purchase for £179 GBP throughout October (£70 off RRP), RX2 Advanced is £549 GBP (£250 off RRP).
More information: Time+Space / iZotope RX2
, analyser and monitor
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jul 06, 2012 - 0 comments
iZotope has released version 2.1 of its RX audio repair toolkit for Windows and Mac.
RX 2.1 includes several important updates that address plugin improvements, AAX support, 64-bit Windows version and stability improvements.
Changes in RX v2.1
- New Features
- Spectral Repair plugin usability improvements, including:
- Added a playhead inside the plugin for timing reference.
- Added ‘Play Selection’ option when running RX 2 as a plug-in.
- Increased the size of the captured buffer, which differs based on sampling rate.
- Compatibility Changes
- Added AAX support, available as an option during installation.
- 64-bit application support for Windows.
- Improved support for 3rd party plug-ins hosted in the RX Advanced Standalone application.
- Other Changes
- Fixed issues with Pro Tools handles.
- Improved readability of exported XML History.
- Other bug fixes and stability improvements.
RX for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $349 USD. RX Advanced is $1,199 USD.
More information: iZotope / RX
i3 has released version 4 of DSP-Quattro, the audio editor/audio CD mastering application with extended real-time and off-line support of AU/VST plug-ins for MacOS X.
A new major update of DSP-Quattro, the version 4, is now available for the download. This new major version introduces a lot of important new features and improvements.
There is a new graphic Cut Editor which offers the maximum flexibility doing click-free cut&paste of audio waveforms, allowing you to draw x-fades curves by yourself. There is an astonishing built-in de-clicker tool for audio restoration, side by side with a new pencil tool to re-draw waveforms by hand, and also a very useful gain tool to manually lower transients by a real-time graphic control.
Moreover, new High Quality Time Stretching and Frequency Shifting algorithms are built-in in version 4, there is a new graphic editor for Fade-In/Outs, up to 4 Aux busses to address outputs, user configurable key commands, unlimited number of effx slots to insert plug-ins, a new internal ‘plug-in’ module to address external audio hardware for external audio processing… and much more!
DSP-Quattro 4.0 is now available to purchase for 75 EUR / $99 USD. Owners of version 2.x or 3.x can upgrade to version 4.x for 15 EUR / $19 USD. Those who purchased a 3.x license after the March 1st 2012, can upgrade to version 4 at no cost.
More information: i3 DSP-Quattro
, compressor and limiter
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2012 - 0 comments
iZotope has announced Mastering Essentials, a new tool designed specifically for Acoustic Mixcraft Pro Studio 6.
By licensing elements from Ozone, iZotope’s flagship mastering suite, Acoustica is delivering a basic mastering solution approachable for musicians of any level.
“Mastering Essentials is the perfect intro to mastering,” explains Alex Westner, iZotope’s Director of Business Development. “With over 80 presets to choose from, users can get going quickly with great results. We take it a step further, though, by letting musicians experiment with customizing their sound. The three additional EQ, Reverb, and Tube Amplifier modules allow users to grow and expand their capabilities as they become more comfortable with mastering their own music.”
iZotope Mastering Essentials will make its debut as part of Acoustica’s Mixcraft Pro Studio 6, the latest edition of their popular Windows-based DAW. “Everyone trusts the iZotope name when it comes to mastering,” says Dan Goldstein, Chief Technology Officer of Acoustica. “Mastering Essentials enhances our Pro Studio bundle with a top-notch tool for polishing any project.”
Mastering Essentials features
- Valve EQ module: high-quality 4-band EQ.
- Room Simulation (Reverb) module: controls for reverb and stereo widening, including a vectorscope for visualizing the stereo spread of the audio.
- Tube amplifier module: Bass Compression, a Tube Limiter, and Tube Saturation components.
- Over 80 presets, including presets for general use, special FX, audio enhancement, restoration, and over 40 different genre presets.
Mastering Essentials is available from iZotope for third-party and OEM licensing for Mac or Windows applications. Acoustica’s Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 is currently due to be released in March, 2012.
More information: iZotope / Acoustica
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Dec 21, 2011 - 0 comments
Time+Space has announced the Phonorama by ESI, a USB audio interface for recording analog audio to digital formats.
If you’re looking to transfer your old tapes and records to mp3 or wav files quickly and with a high quality result, the ESI Phonorama is the perfect solution.
The USB interface features an adjustable phono preamp and comes bundled with the powerful and convenient BIAS SoundSaver audio restoration solution for Mac and PC.
The PHONORAMA USB audio interface features a phono preamp that can be matched to MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil) systems with its RCA inputs. It also features a convenient ground connection screw. For transfers of signals from tape and other sources, the phono preamp can be turned off for line signals. There is also a stereo line and headphone output.
Bundled with PHONORAMA is SoundSaver, the easy all-in-one analog media archiving solution from BIAS. It allows capturing of your favourite records and tapes, either manually or with the automatic record timer. Then remove unwanted noise, tape/needle hiss as well as click and crackles, before exporting separate tracks as mp3, to your iTunes library or as WAV files for CD recording.
The ESI Phonorama is avaialble to purchase for RRP £76.95 GBP / 89 EUR.
More information: Time+Space
Celemony has released Capstan, a program for removing wow and flutter from recorded music.
Capstan is an all new method to correct wow and flutter problems. It detects pitch problems directly from the inside of the musical signal and corrects them as straightforward as possible: by speeding up and down the playback of your audio file directly reciprocal to the speed changes which generated the problems.
Being musically intelligent, the Capstan algorithm is capable of recognizing not only the minutest amounts of wow and flutter but also continuous speed variations within the musical material itself and makes possible detailed editing that extends even to drawing in the curve manually. It is based on the patented DNA Direct Note Access technology made famous by the award-winning program Melodyne, which is used worldwide in all major studios for the editing of pitch and timing.
Whilst the precise detection of the wow and flutter represents the actual technological revolution, repairing the recording is easy: the musical material is simply played back with the velocity curve inverted. Pure varispeed – guaranteed free from artifacts.
Capstan for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $4,458 USD / €3,790 EUR.
More information: Celemony / Capstan
iZotope has released version 2.01 of RX, a collection of audio repair tools for Windows and Mac.
iZotope RX™ 2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more.
Changes in RX v2.01
- Host compatibility changes
- Added support for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.
- Added VST 3 support.
- Improved compatibility with Ableton Live .
- Added 64-bit VST 2 support in Reaper under OS X.
- DSP changes
- Fixed accuracy of latency compensation in Declick module.
- Fixed Hum Removal module’s learn feature at high sampling rates.
- Workflow changes
- Added support for RX 1 workflow in main audio display: shift-click-release to adjust the borders of full-bandwidth selections.
- Added support for placing the playhead: ctrl-click on the main audio display at any time to place the playhead.
- Added support for dragging the current file from the RX 2 application’s title bar under OS X.
- Other changes
- Introduced the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis & bugfixing.
- Greatly improved RX’s support for frames in the time ruler, including drop-frame mode.
- Better support for Carbon-based plug-ins under OS X, in RX 2.00 some of these plug-ins would display with a blank UI (RX 2 Advanced only).
- Fixed issue when using “Open with” in OS X’s Finder to launch RX.
- Fixed bug with iZotope authorization where authorizing to a USB flash drive wasn’t working properly.
- Better support for Unicode characters in RX’s “Save As” dialog.
- Many minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
RX2 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $349 USD. RX2 Advanced is $1,199 USD.
More information: iZotope / RX
Tone Projects has released version 1.6 of Sonitex STX-1260, a sonic texturing plug-in for Windows.
Sonitex is the ultimate Lo-Fi workstation. It offers a complete suite of processing dedicated to adding texture to digital audio. Sonitex allows you to bring the gritty vibe from vinyl records and vintage hardware samplers into your modern DAW environment.
Changes in Sonitex v1.6
- New: Global Dry/wet control.
- Fixed crash in Sony Acid & Vegas.
Tone Projects has also announced a 1-week Spring Special offering $20 USD off all its products. The sale will end on March 21st, 2011.
Sonitex STX-1260 for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for $54 USD (regular $74 USD). The update is free for all registered users. The trial period has been reset on the v.1.6 demo version, so it’s now possible to try out Sonitex on your system again even if you previously used up the trial period.
More information: Tone Projects / Sonitex STX-1260