Tone Projects has released version 1.6 of Sonitex STX-1260, a sonic texturing plug-in for Windows.
Sonitex is the ultimate Lo-Fi workstation. It offers a complete suite of processing dedicated to adding texture to digital audio. Sonitex allows you to bring the gritty vibe from vinyl records and vintage hardware samplers into your modern DAW environment.
Changes in Sonitex v1.6
- New: Global Dry/wet control.
- Fixed crash in Sony Acid & Vegas.
Tone Projects has also announced a 1-week Spring Special offering $20 USD off all its products. The sale will end on March 21st, 2011.
Sonitex STX-1260 for Windows (VST) is now available to purchase for $54 USD (regular $74 USD). The update is free for all registered users. The trial period has been reset on the v.1.6 demo version, so it’s now possible to try out Sonitex on your system again even if you previously used up the trial period.
More information: Tone Projects / Sonitex STX-1260
Steinberg has released version 7.0.1 of WaveLab, the audio editor for Windows and Mac.
Steinberg today releases a new, extensive maintenance update for its industry-leading mastering solution, WaveLab 7. The new update includes a wealth of enhancements and addresses issues that have been reported by our valued customers.
The new update will further improve the stability and usability of WaveLab 7 in areas such as plug-ins, file handling, transport, Audio Montage, burning engine, Batch Processing, key commands, time-stretching and the graphical user interface.
The WaveLab 7.0.1 update is available free of charge and can be downloaded from the Steinberg website.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab
BIAS has announced Peak Studio, a new edition of the audio editing, mastering, and delivery software for Mac OS X.
Peak Studio will include Peak Pro 7 along with a complementary suite of powerful tools for multi-channel mixing, mastering, restoration, streamlined analog archiving, and more.
“Peak Studio represents a major development for BIAS”, said Jason E. Davies, VP of Business Development for BIAS, Inc. “The combination of precision sample editing, intuitive multi-channel mixing, and a broad palette of mastering and restoration tools, makes Peak Studio a compelling audio production suite for Mac OS X.”
Peak Studio features
- Advanced Mastering, Restoration, and More: Peak Pro 7 includes a new de-clipping tool for repairing audio files. “Clipped” recordings are corrected using advanced re-synthesis and spectral repair DSP algorithms from BIAS that produce jaw-dropping results. Peak Pro 7 also integrates editions of the highly acclaimed SoundSoap Pro 2 and Master Perfection Suite plug-ins, plus a new wide-band peak limiter. The additional signal processing tools make Peak Pro 7 the most comprehensive audio editing and processing application for Mac OS X in its class. Other enhancements include support for MP3 VBR (Variable Bit Rate) and compressed WAVE files, Japanese CD-TEXT, Pro Tools playback keyboard short cuts, and other improvements. Unlike previous editions, Peak Pro 7 includes DDP (Disc Description Protocol) Export — providing support for this popular pre-master delivery format at no additional charge.
- Multi-Channel Audio Production: Peak Studio provides a new state-of-the-art audio production environment from BIAS — offering intuitive multi-track audio recording, multi-channel editing, mono/stereo/surround mixing, onboard signal processing, cross-fades featuring Bezier curves, independent volume envelopes, integration with Peak, and more. Whether used for streamlined multi-channel editing, multi-track recording, compositing, or surround mixing, Peak Studio users will certainly appreciate the intuitive control and ergonomics in this new and powerful audio production tool.
- LP & Tape Archiving: Peak Studio also includes a new application from BIAS called SoundSaver — a powerful utility optimized for the analog archiving workflow. Whether transferring from analog tapes or vinyl LPs, SoundSaver streamlines the process and produces professional results.
- Other Peak Studio Editions: Peak Studio XT (Extended Technology) adds editions of SoundSoap 2, SoundSoap Pro 2, and Master Perfection Suite for compatibility with most host applications that support the popular AU, VST, and RTAS/AS plug-in formats.
Peak Pro 7 and Peak Pro XT 7 will be available in Q4 2010 at a US Suggested Retail Price of $599 USD and $1199 USD respectively. The Peak Studio multi-channel production environment will be released in Q2 of 2011.
All customers purchasing new retail editions of Peak Pro 6 from November 1st 2010 may receive a free upgrade to Peak Pro Studio when available.
More information: BIAS
, effect plugins
, noise reduction
Posted in news
on Sep 29, 2010
iZotope has announced the release of RX 2, a complete audio repair suite for Windows and Mac.
iZotope RX™ 2 is the most complete audio repair toolkit on the market, enabling you to remove noise, hiss, buzz and hum, eliminate clicks and crackle, restore clipped audio, visually select and suppress unwanted sounds, resynthesize missing audio and much more.
RX 2 Advanced extends the standard version of RX 2 with new, specialized tools designed for audio professionals.
New in RX 2
- New Denoiser Algorithms – New Global Smoothing control reduces the distracting, watery artifacts introduced by most denoiser algorithms and a high-frequency enhancement avoids the dullness commonly associated with noise suppression.
- Improved Declick & New Decrackle – Declick features improved click detection and new Decrackle algorithm designed to treat continuous background crackle from vinyl and older media.
- Freehand Selection & Magic Wand – New Lasso, Brush and Magic Wand tools allow natural, freehand selections of problem sounds. Additionally, the Magic Wand can automatically select a sound and its harmonics for incredibly fast editing.
- Improved Batch Processing – Updated batch processor streamlines your workflow by letting you chain multiple modules, process multiple files and use multiple CPUs.
- Intelligent Hum Module – Automatically identify the base frequency of hum for precise removal. The module will even recommend when the Denoiser should be used to more effectively treat certain kinds of hum.
- Session Support – Your edit history is automatically saved when you quit and reloaded when you restart. The entire state of the program including your selection is saved. This new feature also works in the event of a computer crash or power outage, so you can get back up and running immediately.
- Channel and Phase Operations – New Channel Ops module features left/right channel mixing and arbitrary phase rotation operations, both of which are crucial when restoring audio transferred from tape.
- Pre-roll and Post-roll Support – Customize the amount of audio played before and after an edit for context when previewing edits.
- Fade Support – The Gain module now includes support for fades with several fade types.
- New in RX 2 Advanced:
- Adaptive mode in Denoiser to remove noise that changes over time.
- Deconstruct, a new class of audio manipulation for control over noisy and tonal components of sound.
- 3rd party plug-in support enabling any processing on spectrogram selections and in Compare and Batch Processing features.
- iZotope 64-bit SRC™ for sample rate conversion, MBIT+™ for dithering and iZotope Radius® for changing time and pitch.
- Time-stamped log creation, essential for forensics and archival documentation.
- Spectral Repair multi-resolution mode for more accurate separation of noise and desired content.
- Automatic Azimuth alignment and precise sub-sample control of delay for tape restoration.
RX 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of $249 USD (regular $349 USD) or $749 USD for RX 2 Advanced (regular $1199 USD) through October 31, 2010. RX customers can upgrade to RX 2 Advanced for $499 USD (also valid until October 31, 2010).
More information: iZotope / RX 2
Steinberg has announced the release of WaveLab 7, an audio editing and mastering suite for Windows and Mac.
Adding new facilities to its previous versions for Windows, the seventh version now also sets a benchmark for audio editing and mastering under Mac OS X.
Its feature list includes the revamped graphical user interface which provides eminently convenient handling of audio material across multiple windows, montages and podcasts with an intelligent docking and scaling system. Brand-new VST3 plug-ins and restoration tools, the new, future-proof burning engine and its flexible multiprocessing capabilities are further highlights.
WaveLab 7 features
- Industry-acclaimed tools for mastering, audio editing and restoration.
- Powerful audio analyzing and metering tools.
- Flexible and intuitive session and window management concept.
- High-end restoration suite from plug-in specialists Sonnox.
- First-rate collection of VST3 plug-ins, including StudioEQ and Post Filter.
- Extensive batch processing functions.
- Audio Montage for simultaneous editing across several tracks.
- Professional burning engine with DDP format support.
- DIRAC 2.2 time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms.
WaveLab 7 is available as boxed version in the Steinberg Online Shop and from authorized Steinberg resellers for 599 EUR / £497 GBP. The stripped-down version, WaveLab Elements 7, is available as boxed and download version for 99 EUR / £82 GBP.
More information: Steinberg / WaveLab