Sonnox has announced it will be introducing a revolutionary suite of audio restoration plug-ins at their 127th AES Convention Booth #126, at NY’s Javits Center October 9-12.
Sonnox Restore is a suite of three innovative plug-ins: Oxford DeBuzzer, Oxford DeClicker and Oxford DeNoiser, designed to accurately restore impaired audio recordings.
Sonnox Restore – DeBuzzer, DeClicker and DeNoiser
Developed over an exhaustive 18-month R&D program, the Sonnox Restore suite represents a quantum leap beyond previous restoration plug-in technology. Its advanced algorithms allow fast and extremely effective removal of pops, clicks, crackles, scratches, hum, buzzes and extraneous background noise from virtually any recording. All three plug-ins provide detailed graphical feedback, and include novel features new to the restoration field such as a specialized dialogue mode in the DeClicker.
“Sonnox Restore represents a genuine milestone for our company.” states Managing Director, Rod Densham. “As with all our products, emphasis on audio quality has been paramount throughout the design phase, and an additional focus has been speed and ease of use, which should be particularly beneficial in saving time for our post-production customers.”
The Sonnox Restore Suite will be available at a price of $1995 USD in the fall of 2009, and will be compatible with Pro Tools (RTAS), Audio Units and VST platforms.
More information: Sonnox
BIAS has announced the release of SoundSoap Pro 2, a major upgrade to the award-winning professional audio noise reduction and restoration software suite for Mac and Windows.
SoundSoap Pro 2′s comprehensive approach provides four advanced restoration tools — Broadband noise reduction; Click and Crackle removal; Hum removal; and a Noise Gate. SoundSoap Pro 2′s super intelligent broadband noise reduction features new adaptive algorithms from BIAS — offering far more power than most competing solutions, while maintaining its relatively low cost and ease of use.
New in SoundSoap Pro 2
- Adaptive Noise Reduction (ANR) and more — The addition of ANR to SoundSoap Pro 2 means users will have significantly greater power than ever before. Instead of navigating through a noisy file to find an area of isolated noise to learn, users can leverage the advanced algorithms of SoundSoap Pro 2 to automatically extract a noise profile where previously impossible. The fact that the noise profile can be automatically and dynamically re-learned is also a significant improvement over other solutions in cases where the broadband noise changes over time. With changes in background noise being a common problem – especially in audio for film and broadcast – SoundSoap Pro 2′s super intelligence should be a welcome addition to any media tool kit. With minimal input from the user, SoundSoap Pro 2′s new super-intelligent ANR offers results previously unattainable in lower cost software products, while in many cases providing comparable results to far more expensive hardware solutions. SoundSoap Pro 2 also includes new tool tips that make the user interface easier than ever, broadband parameter value display for improved precision, Pro Tools 8 support, and additional enhancements.
- Audio Restoration, Archiving, & Delivery Applications — Whether transferring music or dialog from analog tape, vinyl LPs, wax cylinders, or other media, SoundSoap Pro 2′s comprehensive toolset offers excellent results while still being relatively affordable easy to use. Common problems such as “hum”, “tape hiss”, and “vinyl pops” can be easily resolved using SoundSoap Pro 2 – making it ideal for audio restoration and archiving. For music producers and mastering engineers, SoundSoap Pro 2 can help ensure higher quality productions – particularly for digital re-mastering of analog material. Film and video editors can take advantage of SoundSoap Pro 2 as well for reducing common background noise issues – particularly from location footage or when archiving vintage reels. With SoundSoap Pro 2, broadband noise issues associated with telephone and/or field interviews can also be easily remedied. Podcast producers and Internet content creators can also employ SoundSoap Pro 2 to greatly reduce distracting background noise and hum – often prevalent in podcasts and videos uploaded to popular sites such as YouTube.
- Integrated Approach to Audio Restoration — Rather than splitting the restoration process into separate plug-ins, SoundSoap Pro uses a unique, integrated interface that allows the user to access any tool quickly and easily from within a single plug-in window. Tool navigation tabs are labeled (left to right) “Hum & Rumble”, “Click & Crackle”, “Broadband”, and “Noise Gate” – reflecting the suggested order in which the operations should be performed to obtain the best possible results. The tabs provide convenient parameter feedback, allowing the user to monitor the primary tool settings globally – regardless of which tool is currently selected.
- Multi-band NR: Speed, Usability & Performance with a Minimized Chance of Artifacts — SoundSoap Pro’s approach to multi-band noise reduction focuses on speed, usability, and performance. SoundSoap Pro combines 512 frequency bands into 12 discrete threshold and reduction sliders – delivering dramatically enhanced efficiency, ease-of-use, and superb sonic results. The sliders are easily grouped, and 12 vibrant level meters assist in threshold adjustments. When used with SoundSoap Pro’s additional controls, even the toughest broadband noise can be easily and dramatically reduced, while greatly minimizing the chance of any inadvertent artifacts. With SoundSoap Pro 2, users can choose between two traditional noise profile learning options – snapshot and timed – plus new ANR options for automated dynamic noise profile analysis and noise floor extraction. Whether reducing broadband noise from air conditioners, fans, engines, or other sources, SoundSoap Pro 2 provides excellent results with minimal effort.
- Enhanced Visual & Audio Monitoring Options — SoundSoap Pro’s tool area features a unique, global, real-time spectrogram – providing constant visual monitoring of spectral noise that may be in need of treatment. Furthermore, users can easily hear the noise they are reducing by selecting “Noise Only”. These two features help SoundSoap Pro 2 users ensure that undesired noise is effectively suppressed while desired signals are unaffected by the restoration process.
- Major Plug-in Host Compatibility — SoundSoap Pro 2 is designed for every major plug-in host on Mac OS and Windows computing platforms. The roster includes Peak (VST / Audio Units), Pro Tools (RTAS / AS), Logic / SoundTrack / GarageBand / Digital Performer (Audio Units), Nuendo / Cubase / Sonar / SoundForge / Audition / Premiere / Vegas (VST), and many other compatible hosts.
BIAS SoundSoap Pro 2 is available for purchase for a suggested retail price of $599 USD. Existing SoundSoap Pro customers will be able to upgrade to SoundSoap Pro 2 at $99 USD.
More information: BIAS
Sony Creative Software has announced the release of Sound Forge Pro 10, a professional digital audio production suite for Windows.
Sound Forge Pro 10 new features include event-based editing, disc-at-once CD burning, iZotope™ 64-bit SRC™ (sample rate conversion), MBIT+™ dither (bit-depth conversion), musical instrument file processing, and the élastique Pro timestretch/pitch shift plug-in. In addition, Sound Forge Pro 10 software provides exclusive new enhancements, including customizable window layouts, metadata editing, performance optimizations, and interactive tutorials. These new features create a powerful and flexible audio production environment, increasing workflow and efficiency while consistently delivering the pristine audio quality the recording industry has come to expect from Sound Forge software.
New in Sound Forge Pro 10
- Event-based editing — Event-based editing is ideal for precise audio mastering, assembling project sketches, or laying out tracks for authoring disc-at-once CDs. In Sound Forge 10, users can quickly move, split, slip, and trim events, create fades, apply ASR envelopes and crossfades within in a single data window for more precise audio control.
- Integrated Disc-at-Once (DAO) CD burning — Integrated disc-at-once CD burning results in time savings and provides a more efficient workflow when generating Red Book compliant disc-at-once premasters of music suitable for professional replication. Perform full PQ code editing, create live-style CDs, add CD text and metadata, and use high-resolution source audio with precise conversion to Red Book audio.
- Zplane élastique Pro Timestretch DirectX® plug-in — The élastique time stretch and pitch shift plug-in provides better sounding audio when processing audio files. Users can also monitor and adjust settings while previewing in real-time, and select from various stretching methods that are tailored to their source audio including Pro, Soloist, and Efficient modes.
- iZotope 64-bit SRC (sample rate conversion) and MBIT+ dither (bit-depth conversion) — The iZotope 64-bit SRC utilizes a hybrid low pass filter design, resulting in pristine audio with less aliasing converting material from one sampling rate to another. The iZotope MBIT+ dither employs psychoacoustic methods to distribute noise into less audible ranges, resulting in improved audio and smoother fades when converting the bit rates of audio files.
- Musical instrument file processing (.DLS, .SF2, .GIG) — Sound Forge Pro 10 software opens, processes, and saves DLS, GigaStudio/GigaSampler, and SoundFont 2.0 musical instrument files. Users can view bank, instrument, note range, and sample information. Effects and processes can easily be added directly to samples.
- Customizable window layouts — Customizable window layouts are designed to maximize productivity by allowing users to create and save multiple unique interface layout configurations for single and dual monitor systems, and recall a window layout for specific editing tasks such as audio editing, CD layout, and multichannel file editing.
- Mastering Effects Bundle 2 powered by iZotope™ — The powerful bundle of audio mastering tools included with Sound Forge 10 is valued at over $200 and includes six professional plug-ins to expertly master and enhance audio production: Mastering EQ, Mastering Reverb, Multiband Compressor, Mastering Limiter, Stereo Imager, and Harmonic Exciter.
- Interactive tutorials — Sony Creative Software’s unique interactive tutorials provide walkthrough demonstrations of common features and functionality, including DAO CD burning, vinyl recording and restoration in order to help users spend less time learning and more time editing and mastering audio projects.
Sound Forge Pro 10 is available for an MSRP of $499 USD.
More information: Sony Creative Software
iZotope has released version 1.20 of RX, the audio restoration application/plug-in for Windows and Mac.
iZotope RX™ is the most complete audio restoration product on the market, a unique standalone application designed from the ground up to combat a range of audio problems. In addition to unique workflow features designed to help you get the best results, RX’s powerful tools can do processing that plug-in based restoration products simply cannot do. This paired with completely new processing technology results in cleaner, more natural sounding noise reduction and audio repair.
Changes in RX v1.20
- Support for markers in WAV and AIFF files in RX application.
- Manually edit noise profiles in Denoiser with envelope.
- Added visualization for Spectral Repair before/after regions in waveform/spectrogram display.
- Added visualization for Declipper thresholds in waveform/spectrogram display.
- Major optimizations to RX Denoiser Algorithms B and C.
- Added support for keyboard shortcuts which select a module’s preset and apply that module. Useful for quickly switching between module settings (for example when using Spectral Repair repeatedly on large files).
- Declipper threshold can now extend below -8 dB by zooming the histogram window.
- Many performance improvements throughout all of RX’s processing modules, especially when using RX plug-ins with small buffer sizes.
Visit iZotope for more information, audio demos, and a link to download a demo version of iZotope RX.
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 22, 2008 - 0 comments
BIAS has announced some time-limited offers on some of their products.
BIAS Time-limited offers
- BIAS Master Perfection Suite + SoundSoap Pro for $599 USD.
A mastering and sound design suite of 6 professional plug-ins for virtually any host on Mac and Windows bundled with the highly-acclaimed audio restoration plug-in suite for Mac and Windows (regular price for the both is over $1100).
- Peak Pro + free DDP 2.0 (value of $199 USD)
Peak Pro 6 features everything you need to ensure the highest quality mastering delivery on the Mac. DDP 2.0 authoring ensures your masters will be well received by major replication plants worldwide, with 100% accuracy ensured.
- Peak Pro XT for just $499 USD (over 50% off)
peak Pro XT extends the technology of Peak Pro with a suite of eight uniquely powerful restoration, analysis, sound design, mastering, and delivery tools (includes Peak Pro 6, Master Perfection Suite, SoundSoap Pro, and DDP 2.0 Export Extension).
- Free copy of GateEx from the Master Perfection Suite ($59 value)
A new pro-quality Gate/Expander plug-in with graphic displays, advanced parameter control, and downward expander — effectively removes signals below an assignable threshold and helps reduce audio noise.
All these offers are valid until September 30, 2008 (GateEx plugin must be downloaded and authorized before September 30).
Visit BIAS for more information.
Cakewalk has released version 1.5 of pyro Audio Creator, a collection of essential tools for creating, editing, and publishing your music collection.
Built on the same technology found in Cakewalk’s industry-leading SONAR digital audio workstation, with Audio Creator’s virtual toolbox, you are just a click away from recording and editing audio; burning and ripping CDs; cleaning and converting albums to CD or MP3; encoding, tagging, and organizing your sound library; backing up your files to data CD, DVD, or Blue-Ray; and publishing music to the internet.
With its user-friendly interface, pyro Audio Creator 1.5 welcomes music enthusiasts to master their music, author CDs, make MP3s, and share their music online with custom music players and tagging capabilities.
pyro Audio Creator v1.5 key features
- 1-click recording: capture musical performances, meetings, vinyl records, cassettes, podcasts, Internet broadcasts, and more
- Professional 2-track audio editing: includes hiss and pop removal, volume control, crossfades, effects, and more.
- Encode, convert, and save audio to popular formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and AIFF.
- Convert audio to formats for use with iTunes®, iPod®, Zune™, and other digital audio players.
- Digitize, clean, and organize your vinyl record and cassette collection.
- Rip your entire CD collection to a digital format.
- Instantly download song, album, and artist names for your CDs.
- Burn gapless audio CDs to share with family and friends; Audio Creator burns Redbook-compliant CDs.
- Create backup data CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray for safekeeping.
- Tag, rename, and organize multiple audio files all at once.
- Upload custom, streaming music players to share on MySpace, Blogger, and other web sites.
- Get started quickly with video tutorials.
pyro Audio Creator 1.5 is available for download at the Cakewalk online store for $39.99 USD. It will soon also be available for purchase at select consumer electronics and computer retail stores. Registered pyro Audio Creator 1.0 customers can download version 1.5 for free.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.
Wave Arts has released version 5.45 of the Master Restoration Suite, a comprehensive set of restoration plug-ins for cleaning up tape, vinyl, and acoustic recordings.
Changes in Master Restoration Suite v5.45
- Noise reduction algorithm speed greatly improved on Intel based computers (Mac and PC: 2.5 times better performance).
- AudioSuite compensates for latency.
- Mono versions of plug-ins for AudioSuite.
- Gate presets recall correctly.
- Latency compensation fixed for all versions.
- MR Noise learns noise correctly in Digital Performer.
This update is free for all Master Restoration owners.
Visit Wave Arts for more information and to download 30-day trial versions of the Master Restoration Suite plug-ins.