, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Aug 22, 2008 - 0 comments
BIAS has announced some time-limited offers on some of their products.
BIAS Time-limited offers
- BIAS Master Perfection Suite + SoundSoap Pro for $599 USD.
A mastering and sound design suite of 6 professional plug-ins for virtually any host on Mac and Windows bundled with the highly-acclaimed audio restoration plug-in suite for Mac and Windows (regular price for the both is over $1100).
- Peak Pro + free DDP 2.0 (value of $199 USD)
Peak Pro 6 features everything you need to ensure the highest quality mastering delivery on the Mac. DDP 2.0 authoring ensures your masters will be well received by major replication plants worldwide, with 100% accuracy ensured.
- Peak Pro XT for just $499 USD (over 50% off)
peak Pro XT extends the technology of Peak Pro with a suite of eight uniquely powerful restoration, analysis, sound design, mastering, and delivery tools (includes Peak Pro 6, Master Perfection Suite, SoundSoap Pro, and DDP 2.0 Export Extension).
- Free copy of GateEx from the Master Perfection Suite ($59 value)
A new pro-quality Gate/Expander plug-in with graphic displays, advanced parameter control, and downward expander — effectively removes signals below an assignable threshold and helps reduce audio noise.
All these offers are valid until September 30, 2008 (GateEx plugin must be downloaded and authorized before September 30).
Visit BIAS for more information.
Cakewalk has released version 1.5 of pyro Audio Creator, a collection of essential tools for creating, editing, and publishing your music collection.
Built on the same technology found in Cakewalk’s industry-leading SONAR digital audio workstation, with Audio Creator’s virtual toolbox, you are just a click away from recording and editing audio; burning and ripping CDs; cleaning and converting albums to CD or MP3; encoding, tagging, and organizing your sound library; backing up your files to data CD, DVD, or Blue-Ray; and publishing music to the internet.
With its user-friendly interface, pyro Audio Creator 1.5 welcomes music enthusiasts to master their music, author CDs, make MP3s, and share their music online with custom music players and tagging capabilities.
pyro Audio Creator v1.5 key features
- 1-click recording: capture musical performances, meetings, vinyl records, cassettes, podcasts, Internet broadcasts, and more
- Professional 2-track audio editing: includes hiss and pop removal, volume control, crossfades, effects, and more.
- Encode, convert, and save audio to popular formats like MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and AIFF.
- Convert audio to formats for use with iTunes®, iPod®, Zune™, and other digital audio players.
- Digitize, clean, and organize your vinyl record and cassette collection.
- Rip your entire CD collection to a digital format.
- Instantly download song, album, and artist names for your CDs.
- Burn gapless audio CDs to share with family and friends; Audio Creator burns Redbook-compliant CDs.
- Create backup data CDs, DVDs and Blu-Ray for safekeeping.
- Tag, rename, and organize multiple audio files all at once.
- Upload custom, streaming music players to share on MySpace, Blogger, and other web sites.
- Get started quickly with video tutorials.
pyro Audio Creator 1.5 is available for download at the Cakewalk online store for $39.99 USD. It will soon also be available for purchase at select consumer electronics and computer retail stores. Registered pyro Audio Creator 1.0 customers can download version 1.5 for free.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.
Wave Arts has released version 5.45 of the Master Restoration Suite, a comprehensive set of restoration plug-ins for cleaning up tape, vinyl, and acoustic recordings.
Changes in Master Restoration Suite v5.45
- Noise reduction algorithm speed greatly improved on Intel based computers (Mac and PC: 2.5 times better performance).
- AudioSuite compensates for latency.
- Mono versions of plug-ins for AudioSuite.
- Gate presets recall correctly.
- Latency compensation fixed for all versions.
- MR Noise learns noise correctly in Digital Performer.
This update is free for all Master Restoration owners.
Visit Wave Arts for more information and to download 30-day trial versions of the Master Restoration Suite plug-ins.
Acon Digital Media has released AudioLava Premium Edition, a solution for professional restoring from Vinyl to CD.
With AudioLava Premium Edition you can easily enhance your audio files to a quality you have never heard before. The digital emulation of phono preamplifiers allows you to record your music signal without buying an additional phono preamplifier.
AudioLava Premium Edition automatically removes noise such as tape hiss or clicks and crackle on LP records with its state of the art noise reduction algorithms. The user friendly Cleaning Wizard helps you to find the best way to bring your analog and digital recordings back to life in an impressive quality and guides you through all the steps from recording and track splitting to restoration and CD burning.
AudioLava Premium Edition is available for $59.90 USD. A demo version can be downloaded here.
Visit Acon Digital Media for more information.
Algorithmix has released K-Stereo Ambience Processor, a VST processor for natural and unobtrusive enhancement, expansion, and equalization of the ambience, space, imaging, depth and width in a recording without adding artificial reverberation or causing unwanted coloration or artifacts.
K-Stereo is a patented psychoacoustical process (US Pat.7076071) that extracts the ambience inherent in ordinary recordings, and is capable of spreading that uncorrelated ambience around the soundstage, and enlarging the size of that soundstage, both deeper and wider.
K-Stereo Ambience Processor features
- Natural and unobtrusive enhancement, expansion, and equalization of the ambience in a recording without adding artificial reverberation or causing unwanted coloration and/or artifacts.
- Improves the definition, depth, width and space of any recording.
- Enhances the shape, spread, tonality and depth when used in reverb return.
- Preserves the color and feel of the original reverberation.
- Compensates for spatial and depth losses associated with wordlength reduction, e.g. 16-bit or mp3.
- Moves instruments and vocalists that are too far up front—away from the listener.
- Mono to stereo conversion preserving excellent mono compatibility.
- Reliable operation with up to 384 kHz sampling frequency, thus perfectly suitable for high-resolution DSD post-production.
- Extremely low noise and low nonlinear distortion algorithm implementation resulting in the residual THD+N significantly lower than 24-bit quantization noise.
- All internal calculations are in double floating-point accuracy (80 bits).
- Low CPU usage allowing many instances to be opened simultaneously.
- Exact parameter editing via numerical fields.
- Three fast accessible presets for quick setup comparison.
- Complete setup exchange among several simultaneously opened instances.
K-Stereo is available now for 790 EUR. A demo version is available upon request.
Visit Algorithmix for more information.
iZotope has released version 1.05 of iZotope RX, a complete stand-alone audio restoration application designed from the ground up to combat a range of audio problems.
This update introduces plug-ins in various formats.
Changes in RX v1.05
- Includes new RX plug-ins for RTAS/AudioSuite, Audio Unit, VST, MAS and DirectX hosts.
- Multi-processor support for Denoiser Algorithm C — up to 2 to 4 times faster processing on multi-core machines.
- Spectral Repair “Replace” mode includes improved noise synthesis.
- Spectral Repair “Attenuate” now includes Vertical and 2D interpolation modes.
- 32-bit decoding of mp3 files.
- Improved Mono/Stereo clipboard operations.
- Paste to selection command added.
- Support for additional ASIO drivers.
- Preferences: user can specify temp folder.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
Visit iZotope for more information, audio demos, and a link to download a demo version of iZotope RX.
Jeffrey Klein has released version 3.03 of ClickFix, a click and pop filter plug-in, specifically designed for Adobe Audition and Syntrillium’s Cool Edit 2000 and Cool Edit Pro.
Version 3.03 adds support for Adobe Audition 3 and Windows Vista. It also has faster processing; nearly twice the speed of previous versions.
Jeffrey Klein ClickFix for Adobe Audition (click image to enlarge)
rekkerd.org reader Looza writes:
This may seem rather useless because Cooledit and Audition come with a built-in Click-Remover, but (!) his plugin is much faster (about 10-15 times on my PC, especially important if you want to digitize a whole vinyl-LP) and it does a much better job at distinguishing between crackles and hard attack sounds (percussions etc.).
Also the “amount” slider does a really wonderful job, if you wish you can keep a small amount of crackling so you have the proper vinyl-feeling in your samples.
If you sample from vinyl on a regular basis or plan to digitize your vinyl-collection you should really check this plugin out.
ClickFix comes in two versions:
- ClickFix Lite
- Fast, accurate click removal – ClickFix uses a proprietary statistical technique to locate clicks and pops. It does not employ edge detection or spectral analysis. This special technique results in much faster, more accurate click and pop detection than other methods.
- Force Fix – Lets you repair short waveform defects that ClickFix cannot repair automatically, such as tape dropouts. If you prefer to repair clicks individually, Force Fix is ideal.
- Presets – ClickFix integrates seamlessly with Adobe Audition. It has easy-to-use presets for immediate results, or you can configure the settings yourself for optimal performance.
- On-line Help – You can click the Help button or press F1 for assistance.
- Works with Adobe Audition, Cool Edit 2000, and Cool Edit Pro.
- ClickFix (full version)
- All the features of ClickFix Lite, plus the additional features below.
- Real-time Preview – Lets you to listen to the results while you make setting adjustments. ClickFix’s high speed makes this possible.
- Keep Only Clicks – Lets you remove the undamaged signal, leaving only the clicks and pops, so you can see and hear what ClickFix would otherwise remove.
- Auto/Dynamic Mode – Tells ClickFix to adjust most of the settings automatically. This improves detection and repair, and makes ClickFix even easier to use.
- Detection and Repair Controls – When Auto/Dynamic Mode is turned off, these controls let you adjust various detection and repair parameters, giving you full control over how ClickFix detects and repairs clicks.
- Musical Transient Rejection – Ensures that ClickFix removes only clicks and pops, and does not dull musical content such as cymbal crashes and brass entrances.
- Multi-pass Operation – Ensures that every click and pop is eliminated.
- Results Summary – ClickFix can optionally display a detailed summary report after processing completes. Included is the number of clicks repaired, widest click, narrowest click, average click width, and average time between clicks.
ClickFix Lite costs $19 USD, while the full version of ClickFix is $49 USD.
Visit Jeffrey Klein’s ClickFix page for more information, and links to download a trial version of ClickFix.
Stillwell Audio‘s Schwa has released Sculpto, a waveform shaping tool which allows powerful direct control over audio.
From the Sculpto page:
Draw Bezier curves over your audio waveform to create envelope shapes to follow or clip to. Clean errors, sharpen transients, or design entirely new sounds. All in real time, with amazingly low CPU use.
- Clipped peak restoration: easy, smooth and repeatable reshaping of peaks.
- Click removal: Clipping to an envelope allows to edit out unwanted peaks, such as clicks or room noise.
- Transient shaping: Visually design the dynamics of the sound.
- Special effects: Swells, rides and rhythmic re-imposition.
Schwa Sculpto is available for Windows PC and costs $50.00 (all hosts, commercial use license), or $25.00 for a Reaper-only, non-commerical use license version.
Note: Sculpto depends on getting sample position / timeline information from the audio host. Audio editors like Wavelab, Audition, Sound Forge, etc. generally don’t support this.
Visit Stillwell Audio for more information, and links to download an evaluation version of Sculpto.