discoDSP has released Vertigo R3, an additive synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vertigo is a 256 oscillators additive synth with resynthesis and sound morphing. Imports WAV audio and PNG or BMP images. It has a very accurate recreation of complex musical phrases, drumloops, speech and simple tones. Demo version includes 128 presets and it is available as AudioUnits, VST and RTAS for Mac Intel and VST and RTAS for Windows.
Changes in Vertigo R3
- 64-bit Audio Units for Mac.
- 64-bit VST for Windows and Mac.
- RTAS for Mac and Windows.
- Vertigo Data moves to My Documents/discoDSP/Vertigo/Banks/
- PDF Manual revision.
- Cross-platform project support.
Vertigo for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 75 EUR/$99 USD (VAT included where applicable) for single platform and 90 EUR/$119 USD for Mac + PC. Previous Vertigo customers can update to R3 at no cost by logging to their account.
More information: discoDSP / Vertigo
Puremagnetik has released Grainscapes, a collection of haunting, granular synthesized cinematic textures and ambiences for scoring or sound design applications.
Throughout many weeks of programming, Puremagnetik sound designers employed a powerful Symbolic Sound Kyma System (well known for its granular synthesis capabilities) for manipulation of conventional instrument samples.
Grainscapes was created through a process of spectral analysis, granular resynthesis, filtering and advanced jitter/ frame automation. The result is a collection of bending metal, shimmering glass structures, dark ambiences, choirs and more.
- Over 20 multi-sampled programs.
- Ableton “Live Ready” with advanced macro control programming.
- Kontakt KSP based interface for easy editing.
- “Renoise Ready” XRNI files for instant playability.
- Scoring for picture standard at 24 bit 48k.
Grainscapes is now available to Puremagnetik subscribers.
More information: Puremagnetik / Grainscapes
Physical Music has released version 2.6 of TimeFreezer, a virtual effect and instrument plug-in which allows you to “freeze” audio.
Infinite sound… Did you ever want to stop a sound just like a snapshot, so that it stays forever, without looping effects and without sounding like a synthesizer? I found a solution. Here it is: the TimeFreezer that freezes all kind of audio material and plays with it.
Changes in TimeFreezer v2.6
- Due to a new algorithm the response is much faster. The latency is now less than a half compared to the previous versions. The TimeFreezerFX is always stereo and now so fast that there is no more need for a mono version.
- The missing channel bug is now fixed, also no more crashes did come.
- It is louder. this means, that passing through the audio with no filter and max volume is the same than the original. Normalized freezes are just under 0 dB.
- The import of 32bit float files is now possible with OSX.
- The software has been compiled with the newest XCode on Snow Leopard and with the newest Visual Studio on Windows.
- The plug-in runs all on 64 bit machines.
TimeFreezer is available to purchase for $99 USD.
More information: Physical Music
VirSyn has announced that iVoxel, the vocoder previously released for iOS, is now available for the Mac platform.
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder – the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine. iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder.
The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists – one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
- Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice.
- 20 Channel vocoder.
- Voice spectrum recorder (voxels).
- Over 200 prerecorded voxels included.
- Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato. .
- CoreMIDI support allows use of external MIDI keyboard.
- Monophonic sequencer for notes & lyrics.
- Voice optimized polyphonic synthesizer.
- Time warping of voxels.
- Gender changer.
- Breath noise.
- 12dB Lowpass filter.
- Pitch vibrato with delay.
- Chorus/Delay effects.
- Export of audio recordings.
iVoxel for Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later is available to purchase for $23.99 USD.
More information: VirSyn / iVoxel
Physical Music has released version 2.5 of TimeFreezer, a resynthesis based synthesizer that allows you to “freeze a moment of audio”.
You can load waves of any duration and then browse “live” using the cursor to hear immediately the frozen sound of the selected region.
Changes in TimeFreezer v2.5
- Broadcast waves files can be opened.
- Now in every host you can import wav and aiff files without changing any settings.
- The output is increased by 6 dB.
TimeFreezer is available to purchase for PC and Mac (VST/AU) for $99 USD for a single platform, including both the effect and instrument versions. A bundle including PC and Mac platform formats is available for $125 USD.
Physical Music has also announced is is currently developing TimeWorm (working name), a new intelligent delay plug-in – composing new lines automatically from audio input.
More information: Physical Music
Minisoftmusik has released version 1.1 of Symetrizer, an additive synthesizer with resynthesis function and analog style filters.
Changes in Symetrizer v1.1
- New GUI.
- Some performance tweaks.
- Increased stability.
Symetrizer is available as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows for 40 EUR.
More information: Minisoftmusik