Samplephonics has released Composite FX and 8-Bit Drum Hits, two new sample packs.
Composite FX features 71 sounds by EVAC.
With the imminent rise of the cyborg race there surely is no better time than now to equip oneself with the finest in manipulated percussive FX, modulated ambience and a twisted amalgam of aural insanity.
This precise collection of 71 genre bending samples provide producers from all backgrounds with an array of tonal shaping options perfect for any composition, sound design piece or abstract confusion.
Each sound has been painstakingly crafted by one of our resident mangler’s Mr EVAC himself giving each producer the chance to own the most futuristic of sample collections.
The 8-Bit Drum Hits sample pack comprises 71 8-bit drum samples by Soundbits.
Winding the clock back to the early digital era, sound designer Soundbits offers up his retro arcade inspired collection of original 8 Bit one shot drum samples and effects.
Perfect for chip tune, glitch hop or anyone looking for highly original, truncated sounds that cut through any mix.
The packs are available for purchase for £5 GBP each.
More information: Samplephonics
Odo Synths has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Dream 64, a free chip synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an SID emulator, but it’s a plug-in that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music. It’s inspired by the SID chip from the old but good Commodore c64 but with some extra features for fun.
Dream 64 v3.0 features
- All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Start-step never can be higher than the end.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one manual rate.
- 8 step Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 8 step Arp sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- 8 step Ring modulation sequencer notes from c to c3 and one c4 note.
- A Bitcrusher only for the ringmod. This is nice if you use the Wavetable.
- 16 step easy to edit filter-sequencer. Can be used for nice bass sounds because it has an end step (will sustain).
- Waveforms for the oscillator are saw, triangle, pulse, noise, ringmod mode. The noise is very special – it can be pitched by key or fixed.
- Oscillator octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from c to c3 and one c4 note and a bitcrusher (this is nice for the wavetable sequencer).
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and manual with inverter.
- The LFOs can start (key sync) (host sync) and (free run).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes with inverter and BPM retrigger.
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Reset most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- Bitcrusher before and after filter.
Dream 64 for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
Wavosaur has announced VST Speek, a free Text to Speech plug-in.
VST Speek is a free vocal synthesis VST plugin for recreating the old skool robotic text to speech we all love. Choose a preset, type any text and let’s speak !
VST Speek text to speech is 100% freeware, the plugin is based on the Software Automatic Mouth (SAM) vocal synthesis software created by Softvoice Inc for the Commodore 64.
The plug-in (v1.0 beta) is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Wavosaur / VST Speek
Sound-Base Audio has released Retro Boy, a free chiptune synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Retro Boy is a virtual analog chiptune synthesizer/emulator. It does not specifically emulate a single device or sound chip, but it was made with a certain handheld gaming system in mind.
The goal was to make a simple, minimal, synth that could create “8-bit music” without being overly complicated or requiring much knowledge from the end-user.
Retro Boy features
- Single oscillator with seven different waveforms: Pulse 1 (12.5% duty cycle), Pulse 2 (25% duty cycle), Pulse 3 (50% duty cycle), Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- Volume, vibrato, decimation, ADSR envelope, and voice control (adjustable from 1 to 4 voices).
- Low CPU usage, <1% on an i5 processor.
Retro Boy for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Sound-Base Audio / Retro Boy
Tone2 Audiosoftware has released Classic FM, a soundset for the Nemesis software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Taking you back to a decade of incredible dance and party music when cassette tapes and power chords ruled the world.
Classic FM features 200 inspiring presets with the unique tones and character of the famous FM hardware, like the DX7, that defined the 80s. A delight for those looking to add that classic FM vibe.
Characteristic synths, emotional electric pianos, DX-style vintage bass, cutting leads, unique pads, retro-ish bells and expressive keys & organs.
Classic FM features
- 200 superb presets.
- Can replace expensive vintage FM hardware.
- Comfortable installation.
- Perfect integration into the user interface.
- Created by professional sound designers.
- All sounds are properly programmed and do not contain samples. This gives you the complete dynamic range and highest possible sound quality.
The soundset is available to purchase for 39 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 / Classic FM
Tone2 has announced Classic FM, a soundset for the Nemesis synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Classic FM features 200 inspiring presets with the rich tones and character of the classic FM hardware that defined the 80s.
A delight for those looking to add that classic FM vibe. Characteristic synths, crispy electric pianos, creamy leads, emotional pads, retro-ish bells and warm keys & organs.
The soundset will be available soon.
More information: Tone2 / Nemesis
Aly James Lab has released Super PSG (Super Portable Sound Generator), a synthesizer instrument for Windows that emulates the SN76489 Sega Master System sound chip, and more.
SPSG is not simply an SN76489 emulator, it adds many extended features to squeeze to most of the sound chip and a huge user friendly GUI! It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful 8-bit tool for modern music production.
You can design typical and not so typical sounds of that era and experiment from the presets already available. Go further with extended controls, and even midi control a real SN76489 sound chip with a special hardware that YOU can built. The system also works with the GENMDM interface designed
by Little Scale.
The plugin is available for Windows (VST) as donationware (minimum donation of $10 USD).
More information: Aly James Lab / Super PSG