ZenSound has launched Pixelations, a soundset for the Zebra 2 synthesizer instrument by u-he.
This soundset covers a wide range of 8 bit sounds. For making all the sounds I’ve used completely the modular capacities of Zebra 2, that gives to this soundset a retro and advanced modular taste.
This soundset is formed by keyboards, drums, basses, leads, atmospheres, SFX, sequences and arpeggios. All these sounds have an advanced 8 bit taste!
- 128 patches in Zebra 2 native format.
- A guided installation in pdf and txt format.
- All the patches are royalty free.
- Includes free updates (volumes will be normalized and Mod Wheel control will be added in next free update).
The soundset is available to purchase for 14 EUR. Requires u-he Zebra v2.6 or higher.
More information: ZenSound / Pixelations
ADSR Sounds has introduced Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell, a sample pack by Tunecraft Sounds featuring a collection of retro fx, letters and words culled from a circuit bent Speak & Spell.
This sample pack contains 150 unprocessed retro fx sounds with many being suitable for percussive elements, old-school gaming noises, glitch music and many more varied ventures.
The pack also features all 26 letters of the alphabet split into 3 categories titled ‘Regular’, ‘Glitched’ and ‘Distorted’, as well as a mixed bag of 43, mostly ‘as they are’, non-bent words.
With a total of 271 sounds to indulge in and include in your sonic creations, this fix of retro goodness is an essential inclusion for your sound library.
The sample pack costs $10 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / Circuit Bent Sounds: Speak & Spell
Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music
Its inspired on the SID chip from the old but good commodore c64 Of course with some extra features for the fun
Dream 64 features
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps; All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual).
- 1 Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 3 Extra octave sequencer.
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 5 Filter sequencer.
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode.
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed. Fixed is nice for percussion effects. Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and free (manual).
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes (with BPM re-trigger).
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- Filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Rest most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- An extra nice feature a BPM MIDI arp. It’s nice in combination with the sequencers when the MIDI arp is set on low BPM rate (look at the presets with the name MIDI ARP xxxx. There’s also a free (manual rate) for the MIDI arp, but if the free rate to high you only hear the first step of the sequencers.
- Total of 109 presets so even if you don’t understand the plugin it’s useful.
The Dream 64 plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2013
Subaqueous has rekeased Retro Drums, a free vintage drum racks pack for Ableton Live.
Of late I’ve been really inspired by the sounds of the 80′s. I even watched the movie Xanadu last night for inspiration. What a terribly awesome movie by the way. Iv’e been loving the vintage tape sounds,lush synth pads,and striking percussion. I’ve had a chance to work with some analog drum machines to make Live Drum Racks for my production. The drum machines were the Alesis HR16, LinnDrum, and Simmons Crash Trap.
I’ve spent time processing the one shots, 76 in total, and putting them in drum racks with Macro controls for Ableton Live 9. I’m really proud of how these racks turned out and wanted to share them with you all. Hope to inspire some rad chillwave and glo-fil, been really digging that genre of late.
The drum racks pack is a free download. A pack of one shot samples for use in any DAW is also available.
More information: Subaqueous / Retro Drums
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Aug 26, 2013
Soundcells has announced the release of bitBUMPER deluxe v3, the ultimate 4 and 8 bit Pandora Box filled
with hundreds of low bit surprises.
This ReFill is your best friend when you´re looking for inspiring new sounds with a character and a bite. To catch this character some amazing sources were sampled: RozzBox One v2, QuadraSID, the old grey Gameboy from 1989 with “Nanoloop 1″ and “Littlesounddj”, the Gameboy Advance SP from 2003 with “Nanoloop 2″ and the Nintendo DS Lite from 2006 with “DS Electroplankton” and “Korg DS-10″.
Version 3 adds new rex loops, 20 new combinator & 25 NNXT patches, as also lots of new samples …
bitBUMPER deluxe v3 features
- 382 combinator patches.
- 185 NNXT patches, 138 rex loops, 650 unique samples.
- 12 demo tracks in Reason format included.
bitBUMPER deluxe v3 is available for the introductory price of 27.90 EUR until September 15th, 2013 (regular 39.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / bitBUMPER