Odo Synths has released Dream 64, a free synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Dream 64 is not an sid emulator just a plugin that can recreate sounds that are used in chip-music
Its inspired on the SID chip from the old but good commodore c64 Of course with some extra features for the fun
Dream 64 features
- 5 Sequencers with 8 steps; All sequencers have a start and end loop but start always at step one.
- Every sequencer has its own BPM rate or all have one Free Rate (manual).
- 1 Wavetable sequencer with audio on/off (gate effect).
- 2 Arp sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 3 Extra octave sequencer.
- 4 Ring modulation sequencer notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 5 Filter sequencer.
- Oscillator with 4 waveforms and ring modulation mode.
- Waves are saw triangle pulse noise. The noise is very special it can be pitched by key or fixed. Fixed is nice for percussion effects. Also you can pitch it on the GUI. Octaves from -3 to 2.
- Ring modulation oscillator notes from C to C3 and one C4 note.
- 2 LFOs with 21 waveforms BPM rates and free (manual).
- The LFOs can start at gate/free/first (first=host sync/Start when you hit play).
- Destinations of the LFOs are pitch/pulse/ring osc and Filter.
- 2 modulation envelopes (with BPM re-trigger).
- Destinations Pitch/pulse/ring modulation.
- Filter Envelope can be switched to the filter sequencer.
- Filters lowpass/hipass/bandpass/low and hipass/band and hipass/band and lowpass.
- Random for most of the controls.
- Rest most of the controls.
- Double click is reset for most of the controls.
- An extra nice feature a BPM MIDI arp. It’s nice in combination with the sequencers when the MIDI arp is set on low BPM rate (look at the presets with the name MIDI ARP xxxx. There’s also a free (manual rate) for the MIDI arp, but if the free rate to high you only hear the first step of the sequencers.
- Total of 109 presets so even if you don’t understand the plugin it’s useful.
The Dream 64 plug-in for Windows (VST) is a free download.
More information: Odo Synths
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2013 - 0 comments
Subaqueous has rekeased Retro Drums, a free vintage drum racks pack for Ableton Live.
Of late I’ve been really inspired by the sounds of the 80′s. I even watched the movie Xanadu last night for inspiration. What a terribly awesome movie by the way. Iv’e been loving the vintage tape sounds,lush synth pads,and striking percussion. I’ve had a chance to work with some analog drum machines to make Live Drum Racks for my production. The drum machines were the Alesis HR16, LinnDrum, and Simmons Crash Trap.
I’ve spent time processing the one shots, 76 in total, and putting them in drum racks with Macro controls for Ableton Live 9. I’m really proud of how these racks turned out and wanted to share them with you all. Hope to inspire some rad chillwave and glo-fil, been really digging that genre of late.
The drum racks pack is a free download. A pack of one shot samples for use in any DAW is also available.
More information: Subaqueous / Retro Drums
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Aug 26, 2013 - 0 comments
Soundcells has announced the release of bitBUMPER deluxe v3, the ultimate 4 and 8 bit Pandora Box filled
with hundreds of low bit surprises.
This ReFill is your best friend when you´re looking for inspiring new sounds with a character and a bite. To catch this character some amazing sources were sampled: RozzBox One v2, QuadraSID, the old grey Gameboy from 1989 with “Nanoloop 1″ and “Littlesounddj”, the Gameboy Advance SP from 2003 with “Nanoloop 2″ and the Nintendo DS Lite from 2006 with “DS Electroplankton” and “Korg DS-10″.
Version 3 adds new rex loops, 20 new combinator & 25 NNXT patches, as also lots of new samples …
bitBUMPER deluxe v3 features
- 382 combinator patches.
- 185 NNXT patches, 138 rex loops, 650 unique samples.
- 12 demo tracks in Reason format included.
bitBUMPER deluxe v3 is available for the introductory price of 27.90 EUR until September 15th, 2013 (regular 39.90 EUR).
More information: Soundcells / bitBUMPER
Future Loops has announced the release of Arcadia – 8 Bits Invasion 2, the second volume from its collection of retro gaming inspired sound effects.
“Arcadia – 8 Bits Invasion 2″ features another assortment of noises, lasers, boops, beeps, blips and tracker synths divided in 10 classic gaming categories: Checkpoint, Star Power, Healers, 1-Up, Game Over, Hazards, Strange Beings, Continue, Shooters and Warp Zone.
With over 500 samples, “Arcadia – 8 Bits Invasion 2″ is available in WAV format and 100% Royalty-Free.
The sample pack costs 19.95 EUR. It is currently available to purchase with an introductory Summer discount.
More information: Future Loops / Arcadia 8 Bits Invasion 2
Zenhiser has launched Acid House Drum Sounds, a collection of 330+ drum sounds for Acid House music production.
Retro drum sounds are all the rage at the moment so what else could we do but bring you another storming collection of late 80′s / 90′s drum samples. Acid House Drum Sounds is much more than the name suggests, it covers mainly the UK Warehouse Rave scene from the late 80′s Acid House phenomena through to the early 90′s white dove epidemic which hit clubs and raves from London to Scotland.
Comprising of over 330 drum sounds from the classic era this is a sample pack no producer should be without. Whether you remember the Fantasia raves, Dreamscape parties or are too young to have been there this was a monumental moment in clubbing culture and we’re not surprised the drum sounds are finally doing the rounds again.
The sample pack costs $25 AUD.
More information: Zenhiser / Acid House Drum Sounds
Jonathan Adams Leonard of Weirding Module has released a free Casio MT68 sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Great care was taken to record the MT68 with the best equipment and minimal processing so the original sound and character is preserved. All notes and beats were sampled and looped to offer the most complete virtual version of this classic synth for years to come.
This was my first synthesizer, and I offer it’s sounds to my friends and fellow musicians who might be as fond of it as I am.
Casio MT68 for Kontakt
- Native Instruments Kontakt 5 instrument format.
- All 20 preset instruments.
- 4 Bass instruments.
- 7 Drum samples.
- 12 Drum Beats and Fills looped and sliced in beatmachine.
- Every note in each preset is sampled.
- Samples are monophonic, 44.1kHz / 24-bit .ncw files.
- Every sustained sample is hand looped for infinite sustain (17×49=833).
- Relative volume levels of each note are preserved.
- Additional envelope variations are provided as instruments.
The sample library is a free download.
More information: Weirding Module / Casio MT68
Seaweed Factory has introduced the Casio PT-10 Sample Pack, a free collection of samples from the 32-mini keys Casiotone PT-10.
After a long gap, it’s time for another sample pack. This packs contains sounds from a Casio PT-10 mini-keyboard. Each of the 4 voices have been multi-sampled. I’m fond of the fantasy setting in particular.
Loops of the 10 different rhythms have also been provided at 2 different speeds. Enjoy this super lo-fi blip blast! I’m offering it free of charge again for commercial and non-commercial use, but please don’t redistribute the pack.
More information: Seaweed Factory
Hollow Sun has announced Cronk-O-Tron, a sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Cronk-O-tron is part of a new series of ‘MLM Lite’ products I’ll be banging out from time to time for ‘cup of coffee’ prices.
Cronk-O-Tron (as the name suggests) is a cheap and cheerful thing with a dark and crusty old tone. It’s made up of layers of stuff carefully blended to create a vintage/retro kind of strings/voice pad sound – lo-fi and wobbly.
It’s extensively multi-sampled in stereo and each sample was recorded for a minute before having long and luxurious loops applied that allow the sound to ‘breathe’.
- Advanced Retro Synthesis Engine.
- Mysterious lo-fi string/vox samples.
- All-pass filter for tonal modification.
- LFO sweep of filter for phase shifting.
- ‘Crud’ switch creates edgier lo-fi elements.
- Simple envelope shaper.
- Stereo spread control.
- Chorus and stereo/mono echo section.
- Convolved reverb with custom impulses.
The Cronk-O-Tron library is available to purchase for £2.50 GBP.
More information: Hollow Sun / Cronk-O-Tron