Acon Digital has announced the release of Verberate, an algorithmic reverb effect plug-in that simulates real acoustical surroundings with a new degree of realism.
Several conventional building blocks in traditional digital reverb design have been replaced by novel methods that allow Verberate to produce convincing early reflections and the dense reverberation tails that characterize impulse response measurements of real acoustical spaces. The result is a clean, unobtrusive sonic quality and a reverb that blends seamlessly into a mix.
This is the reverb for those who like clean and realistic reverbs like convolution reverbs, but are in need of more flexibility and tweaking possibilities without sacrificing realism. An additional bonus is the reduced CPU usage compared to convolution reverbs.
- Independent early reflections and reverberation tail processors.
- True stereo processing.
- Realistic early reflections that blend into the mix without unpleasant comb filter effects.
- Very dense late reverberation tails with little coloration due to proprietary methods.
- Uncluttered user interface.
- Graphical visualization of equalizer frequency response and frequency dependent reverberation times.
- Preset manager and a large number of factory presets.
- Save, load and categorize user presets.
Verberate for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.90 USD.
More information: Acon Digital / Verberate
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
KResearch has released version 1.6 of its KR-Space modular reverb/echo based multi-FX effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
KR-Space is a modular reverb-echoes based multi-effect plug-in which can produce a multitude of different types of effects, from traditional echoes and reverbs, to very complex soundscapes, modulation and filtering effects, resonating echoes and reflections, saturation effects and other types of effects which are not available on any commercially available plug-in of this type.
Changes in KR-Space v1.6
- 64-bit VST & AU.
- ProTools AAX 32-/64-bit.
The KR-Space plug-in is available to purchase for $89 USD.
More information: KResearch / KR-Space
Molecular Bytes has updated its AtomicReverb room and reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.
Molecular Bytes AtomicReverb (flat skin) – Version 1.2 adds new features including performance- and quality improvements, A/B program comparison, “Easy” user-interface, skinning and more.
AtomicReverb provides configurable room- and reverb-processing for early reflections and reverberation (late-reverb) with maximum flexibility.
AtomicReverb give users all possibilities to create dense, smooth and natural reverb acoustic – from small chambers to large room-sounds throughout the entire spectrum. It provides over 170 different predefined early-reflection signatures, different tail algorithms, a 5-channel EQ, complex modulation and also gated tail length (used for percussive sounds).
AtomicReverb comes with 230 predefined factory presets which are designed to be modifiable using the new ‘easy’/'one-page’ user-interface.
Changes in AtomicReverb v1.2
- “Easy” (One-Page) interface mode to have access to all important parameters on ONE page.
- 2D-Flat skin type and skin-selection option.
- A/B Program Comparison and A to B, B to A copy function.
- Spectrum-Analyzer in EQ display.
- Improved performance for reverb-tail type ‘room’.
- Improved processing of early-reflection “spread” parameter.
AtomicReverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR. The update is free for users of earlier versions.
More information: Molecular Bytes / AtomicReverb
Sonic Bloom has introduced Verbotron, a free Max for Live device by Christian Kleine.
Hurray! We’ve reached the landmark of 200 posts on Sonic Bloom with this one. And it comes packed with a little surprise for you – Verbotron made by Christian Kleine, exclusively here on Sonic Bloom.
A great Max for Live addition to your collection of reverbs. The Verbotron uses the original Gigaverb algorithm by Juhana Sadeharju which is also known as “Gverb” in Audacity. It also features a handy visual representation of the reverb parameters.
Verbotron is available as a free download to Sonicbloom members (registration is free). Requires Live 9 and Max for Live (6.1).
More information: Sonic Bloom / Verbotron
Overloud has released version 1.5 of its SpringAge spring reverb simulation for Windows and Mac.
Based on a mixed convolution and algorithmic technology, Overloud SpringAge can give the advantages of the two worlds. If you have never been able to get the real tone and dynamic of a spring reverb out of a plugin, then you need to check it out.
With three spring models, taken from the most standard and acclaimed vintage and modern gears, SpringAge always gives the perfect tone on any kind of instrument, ranging from guitars to vocals, keyboards and synthesizer.
Changes in SpringAge v1.5
- New additional spring model aimed to recreate the ’60s and ’70s old school harmonic tone. It is great for drums and for dub and reggae styles.
- Full preset manager to organize your own presets and share them among different host applications.
The SpringAge plug-in is on sale for 57 EUR / $77 USD. The update is free to SpringAge users.
More information: Overloud / SpringAge
Exponential Audio has announced the release of version 1.4 of the PhoenixVerb and R2 reverb effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Changes in PhoenixVerb / R2 v1.4
- Changed the way factory presets are loaded and managed. Startup is now much faster.
- Cleared up some problems in deleting and managing user presets.
- Fixed a minor issue that caused the wrong button to display in the preset editor.
- A few factory presets had been stored with Mix at a different value from 100%. That has been corrected.
- A few efficiency gains and speedups.
- Slightly smoother drawing of the realtime frequency display
- Eliminated some ticks from program change
- New memory clearing logic (for relocating) is spread out and less ‘lumpy’ in terms of processor requirements.
- Fixed mono->stereo bypass.
- The binary is now ‘wrapped’ so that license codes can be entered directly.
- Added several presets
- Phoenix: Plates and Chambers, a handful of large halls and churches. Percussion halls.
- R2: Large Hall presets.
PhoenixVerb and R2 are available for Mac and Windows (AU/VST/RTAS/AAX, 32/64bit), priced at $199 USD and $299 USD respectively. A bundle of both is $449 USD.
More information: Exponential Audio
UVI has announced Sparkverb, a reverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
With a cutting-edge algorithmic design, Sparkverb breaks the boundaries of contemporary reverbs giving users modern and innovative controls that dramatically enhance usability, speed and creative freedom while delivering breathtaking sound quality and remarkable CPU efficiency.
Whether you’re working with small ensembles, massive orchestras, sound design or anything in-between, Sparkverb offers a unique experience and innovative feature set that helps you work faster, smarter and more creatively than ever before.
The Sparkverb license can be freely stored on a computer (no iLok USB smart key required) or on a portable and convenient iLok USB smart key. Users can conveniently switch between these two license protection modes at any time.
Sparkverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/MAS) costs $199 USD.
More information: UVI / Sparkverb