, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 24, 2013
iZotope has updated its Ozone 5 mastering effects suite to version 5.03.
iZotope’s complete mastering system in a single integrated plug-in includes eight essential mastering tools: Maximizer, Equalizer, Multiband Dynamics, Multiband Stereo Imaging, Post Equalizer, Multiband Harmonic Exciter, Reverb, and Dithering.
Ozone 5 Advanced adds seven additional component plug-ins, extended features in every module, and a comprehensive suite of configurable meters.
Changes in Ozone v5.03
- Plug-in formats: Added AAX Native support for Pro Tools 10.
- Operating systems: Added Windows 8 support.
- Operating systems: Added OS X 10.8 support.
- Feature enhancement: Changed wording of “Match From” to “Reference” for the Matching EQ.
- [Ozone Advanced] Fix: Improved Host Bypass communication for component plug-ins (Advanced feature only).
Ozone 5 for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $249 USD (Ozone 5) / $999 USD (Ozone 5 Advanced).
More information: iZotope / Ozone
Native Instruments has announced the release of Reverb Classics, two premium-quality algorithmic reverbs inspired by renowned studio hardware.
While each effect has its own distinct sound, both provide a rich, harmonic character that adds dimension and depth to any source. A first-of-its-kind display provides visual feedback to monitor the effect’s output in real time – a powerful feature for quickly shaping the effect with ease and precision. The REVERB CLASSICS were created in cooperation with Softube, the acclaimed Swedish company renowned for their painstakingly accurate emulations of audio hardware.
The REVERB CLASSICS faithfully recreate two renowned algorithmic reverb units that rose to prominence 1980s and 1990s. Each has been featured on countless studio recordings and is a standard effect in top studios around the world. The RC 24 provides a rich, dark, and instantly identifiable sound suitable for anything from subtle widening to dramatic sound design. The RC 48, while sharing some similarities, sounds richer, lush, and somewhat brighter by comparison.
The most striking feature of the REVERB CLASSICS is the prominent graphical display, which takes up roughly half of the interface. This display effectively visualizes the shape and depth of the reverb, as well as the decay of the reverb tail. The display immediately reacts to parameter adjustments, allowing users to visually monitor the effect in real time, and providing a new approach to reverb design.
The RC 24 digital studio reverb and RC 48 classic studio reverb.
Native Instruments Reverb Classics
- The RC 24 is inspired by one of the first digital studio reverbs to gain wide popularity in recording studios around the world. Featuring Large Hall, Small Hall, and Room reverb algorithms, the distinctive sound of 12-bit A/D converters provides a unique quality that cuts through dense mixes with a unique presence. The RC 24 is equally useful on acoustic and electronic sounds for adding rich dimension, texture, and space while still preserving the original harmonics of a sound. Pushed to extreme settings, it can be used as a creative sound design tool, transforming relatively simple sounds into metallic percussive textures, dense, drone-like pads, or anything in between.
- The RC 48 delivers two hall algorithms inspired by a classic studio reverb heard on numerous gold and platinum recordings, as well as game, TV, and film soundtracks. The RC 48 delivers lush, musical reverb renowned for the depth it gives to vocals and acoustic instruments. A wide variety of versatile textures can be achieved through adjusting the Diffusion and Spread controls, while an additional Effect option on the Size fader allows users to create interesting new modulation effects.
The Random Hall algorithm also features Spin and Wander controls, providing random movement with lively, natural tails.
The Reverb Classics bundle (VST/AU/AAX) is available to purchase for $199 USD / 199 EUR. The individual effects are also available separately for $149 USD / 149 EUR each.
More information: Native Instruments / Reverb Classics
PSP Audioware has announced the release of PSP PianoVerb2, a redesigned and improved creative resonant reverb plug-in based on the freeware plug-in PSP PianoVerb.
Like the original PianoVerb it creates its unique sound with twelve resonant filters that mimic the behavior of piano strings. The ability to transpose, tune and detune the set of strings allow you to set up PianoVerb2 to deliver a wide range of reverberations ranging from traditional wide spread reverb to unique and unusual resonances.
With the addition of a brand new modulation section and the ability to set up multiple settings of time and damping and decay freezing (via A/B comparison function) this little plug-in delivers amazing options for creative use. Add to that some other amazing new additions such as a high pass filter section, independent dry/wet controls and a reverb tail freeze control, and you can see just how PianoVerb2 has become a truly comprehensive and unique algorithmic reverb.
Whenever you want to add some natural resonance to a weak piano track, vitalize your leading guitar with a bit of sustain or simply add a touch of a nice reverb to the selected track, PSP PianoVerb2 can do the job!
PSP PianoVerb2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until February 1st, 2013 (regular $49 USD). Prices excl. VAT.
More information: PSP Audioware / PianoVerb2
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 21, 2013
Zynaptiq has announced version 1.6 of UNVEIL, the realtime de-reverberation and signal focusing plug-in.
This free update adds VST x64 support for Windows users, enables the Preview function for AudioSuite use of the AAX version, as well as several minor enhancements and fixes, and will be available February 15th, 2013. Zynaptiq will be showing the new version at the NAMM show in Anaheim, January 24th-27th, 2013, Hall A Booth #6224.
UNVEIL is a real-time, de-mixing based plug-in that allows attenuating or boosting reverb components within a mixed signal of any channel count, including mono sources. Additionally, UNVEIL allows bringing the key features of a recording into focus, or moving them to the background, by attenuating or boosting perceptionally less important signal components.
New in UNVEIL v1.6
- Now also supports 64bit operation as VST on Windows systems.
- For the AAX Plug-In, AudioSuite Preview functionality is now enabled for ProTools version 10.3.3 and above.
- The RTAS plug-in now supports EuCon in ProTools.
- Improved compatibility with Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- Mac: Authorization now valid system-wide.
- Mac: Authorizer app now launches on install.
- Increased time-out and removed nag screens for the free trial version.
UNVEIL is available to purchase for 399 USD/EUR (prices in EUR inclusive of 19% VAT). The free UNVEIL v1.6 update will be available from Zynaptiq February 15th, 2013.
More information: Zynaptiq / UNVEIL
Minimal System Instruments has announced a limited time sale on its reverb effect plug-ins.
MSI reverb plugins
- ModVerb is a reverb plugin packed with unique features. Modelled on analogue technology the plugin also sounds as good as it looks. Featuring four distinct sections (including – main reverb section, modulation section, delay section, and master section) the sounds that can be created with this processor are immense and endless.
- Nebula Analogue Space Reverb can be used to create standard reverb effects but it really excels when used to create stunning atmospheric sounds from something as simple as a single drum hit. When used with more complex loops and sounds the possibilities are endless.
- Airwalker is a beautiful sounding analogue modelled reverb based on hand built classic processors. Sometimes with audio plugins less is most definately more, you dont want to get bogged down with endless amounts of controls and spend all of your time experimenting and not actually creating the sounds you need.
The reverb plug-ins (Windows VST) are 50% off until January 31st, 2013.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / MSI Reverbs
Exponential Audio has released PhoenixVerb and R2, two reverb effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Exponential Audio PhoenixVerb clean and simple reverb.
- Ideal for applications where a realistic natural reverberation is needed. It’s perfect for classical music, jazz, acoustic music or percussion with just the right placement.
- PhoenixVerb provides flexible and easy control of early reflections, giving you many ways to create small rooms for instruments, ADR, foley or voiceover.
- Hundreds of presets are organized by keywords so that it’s easy for you to find just what you need. You can extend the keyword library with new keywords that suit the way you work.
- PhoenixVerb’s powerful internal architecture gives you convincing Halls, Plates, Chambers and Rooms–all in one single plugin.
- Four selectable equalizers give you a reverb that drops right into the frequency range you need.
Exponential Audio R2 active reverb.
- Created for mixes where the sound of the reverb is part of the sound of the mix. Reverb tails are alive with character.
- Flexible chorusing inside the reverb structure can give gentle (or not so gentle) fluctuations of pitch. Or it can ‘fatten’ up the sound without obvious pitch changes.
- R2 also has a gate, driven by the reverb’s input. Whether for the dramatic effect of a fat reverb that’s suddenly swallowed up, or for gentle ducking, you have power you can explore.
- Just like PhoenixVerb, R2 makes quick work of adjusting early reflections for convincing small rooms. You can create Plates, Chambers and Halls with a wholly different flavor from R2.
- The flexible EQ of PhoenixVerb is extended, with separate EQs for early reflections and reverb tail.
- Preset keyword organization lets you organize your presets for the way you use them.
PhoenixVerb and R2 are available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced $199 USD and $299 USD respectively. A bundle of both is $449 USD.
More information: Exponential Audio