RME has introduced the Fireface 802, a new USB 2.0 and FireWire 400 audio interface at the Musikmesse 2014.
60 channels of audio, high-end microphone preamps, reference class converters, a complete effects section and operation at up to 192 kHz are the base for many more features:
Ultra-low latency operation with USB or FireWire, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. Active jitter suppression, individually switchable reference levels for all inputs and outputs, full stand-alone functionality, RME’s unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox, and identical operation on Windows PC and Mac.
New in Fireface 802
- New look with improved usability.
- Dedicated Control Room section for the main output (e. g. studio monitors) and other monitoring outputs (e. g. phones). All existing stereo output channels can be freely assigned as source for the control room section channels.
- Four definable groups for Solo, Mute and Faders.
- Switchable Mono and Stereo channel view.
- Channel Options: Stereo Width, MS Processing, Phase L/R.
- Trim mode: Adjusts the volume for all routed signals of a channel simultaneously, equalling a hardware’s trim functionality as well as a Post-FX Send function.
- Unlimited Undo and Redo.
- FX Sends and Returns: One send bus for every input/playback channel with Reverb/Echo.
- Expandable channel view for channel settings, EQ and Dynamics.
- Slim channel mode for selected or all channels, to save space or give a meter bridge view.
- 2 Row Mode: reduces the height of the mixer to two rows for smaller displays.
- Reworked Matrix with mono/stereo mode, Undo/Redo, display of phase and mute.
More information: RME / Fireface 802
RME Audio has presented the new HDSPe MADI FX PCI Express card at the Musikmesse 2012 in Frankfurt (Hall 5.1 B80).
The MADI FX marks a new milestone both in the history of audio interface cards and within the long series of outstanding RME devices. Never before has such a high-performance multi-channel audio system existed.
The HDSPe MADI FX features 390 audio channels! Three MADI I/Os – two optical and one coaxial – are accompanied by one AES/EBU I/O and one analog monitoring output.
The HDPSe MADI FX introduces a newly developed modular Hammerfall Pro Audio Core. The high-tech core will process three times as many channels as the channel count of the previous MADI flagship, while actually reducing the system load and enabling ultra-low latencies on modern computers.
The new core technology is accompanied by a special version of TotalMix FX, which allows using the enormous channel count efficiently, and a faster DSP. The integrated 192 kHz RME effects engine allows latency-free monitoring with numerous effects directly on the hardware of the card, independent from the DAW software in use.
The card can be used as powerful MADI router. Unlike most other router solutions, each channel can be routed individually – even with separate level settings for each routing.
With the new Seamless Redundancy Operation the card can operate as single MADI input device, recording up to 64 channels. As soon as the current input fails the audio data received from one of the other two inputs is used. The audio data is not interrupted when switching to another input – and the card can use not only one, but two more MADI sources for redundancy.
HDSPe MADI FX features
- 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1.
- 2.5 Gbps line speed.
- Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate).
- All settings changeable in real-time.
- Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control.
- Sync sources: MADI coaxial, MADI optical, AES/EBU, word clock, internal.
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock.
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock).
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 kHz – 96 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz – 200 kHz.
- Jitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputs.
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problems.
- Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool.
- Input word clock: Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), switchable termination.
- Output word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof.
- MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks.
The HDSPe MADI FX will start shipping in May 2012.
More information: RME Audio / HDSPe MADI FX
RME Audio has announced it is now shipping the Fireface UCX, a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings.
The 36-channel USB&FireWire audio interface is not just a smaller version of the award winning UFX, including X-Core and the complete 192kHz effects engine.
The UCX continues the tradition of RME’s tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the great usability of the successful Babyface through the included remote control.
On top of it: the UCX is the perfect partner for every Apple iPad!
More information: RME Audio
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Feb 10, 2011 - 0 comments
RME has released a silver edition of the Babyface, a 22-channel, 192kHz bus-powered audio interface.
RME has given a face to digital audio. Starting with the Multiface as first serious/professional mobile I/O solution ever we raised the bar further and further, up to the extremely popular and successful Fireface series. So now that the racks are filled we will start to rock your desktop!
The Babyface is smooth on the outside for looks and feel, but has the balls inside: latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters, two reference class microphone preamps, SteadyClock – analog circuit design, features and function are truly RME – we wouldn’t give our newborn anything second class!
That includes the new TotalMix FX, a TotalMix on steroids, with tons of new features, improvements and 3-band parametric EQs, plus added echo and reverb: anything you need right out of the box and with near zero latency!
The Babyface uses RME’s Hammerfall USB audio core from the Fireface UC – another milestone in low latency audio interfaces, and will give you outstanding performance and top sound in an ultra-portable, nicely designed and attractively shaped enclosure.
The Babyface is now available in blue and silver, priced at a MSRP of 599 EUR / $799 USD.
More information: RME Audio / Babyface
Related: audio interface
, drum machine
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Ohm Force
Posted in news
on Dec 10, 2010 - 0 comments
Feeltune has announced the release of the Rhizome, the groove machine with and for VST.
What are the differences with the competition? The Rhizome is a hybrid in which you install virtual instruments and effects in a VST/VSTi format (For Pc). No more limitation in terms of sounds and effects; with the Rhizome you choose the style of sound and instruments you want to play. Once downloaded you can mix your plug-in with the mixing desk; create your sequences, patterns and tracks with the multi modes and multi tracks sequencer which is the brain working behind the scene.
What are the differences with the other hybrids already on the market? The Rhizome is not just a keyboard with a Pc or a Pc Rack; it is a real musical instrument which has been designed for the pleasure to play and compose music and is equipped with software running an innovative interface with numerous displays and controller.
The Rhizome is a real time instrument: programming, recording, sampling, adding instruments and effects, tuning; all you do is live! There is no interruption when you play on stage or record in a studio. The objective: to free up your inspiration and creativity.
The development of the Rhizome took several years of R&D; 50 engineers and the validation of around 10 user groups. Today the Rhizome is an aggregate of the best technology and know-how.
- 102 controllers including 16 dynamic back-lit pads and 32 endless rotary knobs.
- 4 large display (24 bits colors) areas provide information to the user on the functionality, at any given time, of one of the controls, according to the software currently in use.
- Audio interface by RME Audio, for stability and high standard sound quality.
- Various in- and outputs allow for connecting and using screens, mousse, MIDI controllers; hard disk and/or additional audio card.
- Includes software by Feeltune (samplers, drum machine, synthesizers, sound effects, and sequencers), GForce (synthesizers) and Ohm Force (effects).
- Compatible with third-party VST and VSTi software.
- Embedded computer system composed of latest-generation elements. Running on a Microsoft XPE operating system, the device is compatible with 95% of software packages on the market.
- CopperLan communication, a new protocol that above the Midi transcription really revolutionize the communication between audio-video machines. The Rhizome is the first instrument to totally implement CopperLan.
- Ergonomic design with portable size and weight and an adjustable stand.
The Rhizome is now shipping to selected distributors. Three editions are available to purchase: Rhizome SE (3,199 EUR), Rhizome XE (3,399 EUR), and Rhizome UXE (3,599 EUR).
More information: Feeltune
Related: audio interface
Posted in news
on Nov 09, 2010 - 0 comments
RME has announced it is now shipping the Babyface, a new ultra-mobile USB 22-channel audio interface.
Equipped with the latest 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters and two reference class microphone preamps the bus-powered Babyface delivers two high end analog recording channels and four analog playback channels, plus ADAT/SPDIF and MIDI I/O in an attractively shaped enclosure.
The Babyface connects to the USB 2.0 bus, but is also compatible to USB 3 chipsets. It has been uncompromisingly optimized for highest performance under Windows and Mac OS by using customized firmwares for every operating system. Like other RME USB interfaces, the Babyface provides revolutionary ultra-low latencies even with multiple channels.
The next generation of TotalMix delivers hardware mixing/routing with lots of new features and a highly improved usability. The unbeaten DSP mixer now not only matches features of high-end digital consoles but even adds effects like a 3-band parametric equalizer, reverb and echo to the mix.
More information: RME Audio
RME has announced it has started shipping its new flagship interface Fireface UFX, a highly integrated pro audio solution packed in a 19″ enclosure.
60 channels of audio! Digitally controlled high-end preamps, reference class converters and full 192 kHz operation.
Ultra-low latency operation with USB and FireWire, combined with with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance. Including active jitter suppression, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, RME’s unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox and identical operation on Windows PC and Mac.
On top of it: TotalMix FX, the new digital high-end mixer and signal router, driven by two powerful DSP, with integrated EQ, Dynamics and Reverb/Echo effects up to 192 kHz plus built-in monitoring control.
More information: RME Audio / Fireface UFX