RME has announced it is now shipping the HDSPe MADIface, a 128-Channel 192 kHz MADI PCI ExpressCard for notebook computers.
RMEs HDSPe ExpressCard MADI is a true PCI Express solution, which consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. The ExpressCard is built according to PCI Express Base Specification v 1.1. The connection between ExpressCard MADI and breakout box is established using ordinary firewire cable (IEEE 1394, 6-pin). However, the data transfer does not use FireWire protocol. The supplied cable is 1 m (3 ft.) long. The ExpressCard MADI serves as power supply for the breakout box, freeing you from the hassle of additional wall warts.
RME HDSPe MADIface features
- ExpressCard/34 Interface.
- 64 Input channels / 64 output channels.
- 1 x MADI I/O (optical and coaxial).
- No external power supply required.
The HDSPe MADIface is available for an MSRP of $1,949 USD (street ~$1,599 USD).
Visit RME for more information.
Wlodzimierz Grabowski has released version 1.2 of Samplelord, a sample player which can work as a VSTi plug-in or standalone application.
Samplelord can load different sounds in different formats and play them in real-time like a sound module.
Changes in v1.2
- Added: option to change Mute/Solo Led color.
- Added: added selection of Panoramic and size option.
- Added: options to select a mouse wheel capture method.
- Added: MIDI Monitor (diagnostic tool for incoming midi messages).
- Added: option to set a middle C names on the keyboard.
- Fixed: double sample play after note release.
- Fixed: duplicated entries in color menu.
- Fixed: deleting Samplelord makes the EnergyXT not respond.
- Fixed: vst window resize works in EnergyXT.
- Fixed: release keyswitches have been not loaded correctly after saving and reloading Samplelord bank file.
- Fixed: Samplelord freeze under Sonar, EnergyXT.
- Fixed: giga keyswitches were imported incorrectly one half-tone too low.
- Fixed: Kontakt import and doubled notes on sample trigger in some keyswitching combination.
- Fixed: Kontakt import with incorrect exclusiveGroup assign.
- Fixed: some global settings like “Stereo Outputs” were not read correctly when main plugin and additional multi-out versions were used at the same time.
- Changed: previous option “Back to default settings” has been changed and moved to “Reset” under main SETUP menu.
- Changed: Each plugin version keeps settings in a separate file. It allows to set completely different parameteres for each version ex. Colorize options.
- Fixed: removed crackles when MME audio driver was stopping ex. RME sound cards.
- Fixed: vibrato drifts out of tune when MOD Delay parameter was active.
Visit the Samplelord website for more information and a link to download a fully functional demo (has some volume fade out/in and occasional noise inserted to processed audio).
Wlodzimierz Grabowski has released version 3.3.1 of Extreme Sample Converter, the multifunctional audio program, browser, player, and program editor with advanced conversion between different sample formats.
Updated since v3.2
- Added: 24-bit Audio Playback. Supports MME Multimedia Extensions to playback audio files with high bit resolutions.
- Added: Creamware *.tds file import.
- Added: Halion -> Kontakt alternate conversions support.
- Added: Desktop and My Documents folder to the Explorer pane for quick access.
- Added: Zoom options and Zoom buttons into sample view and sample menu.
- Added: Option to set up buffer size for MME driver.
- Improved: quicker one click use in Explorer pane.
- Improved: conversion to EmulatorX format creates its parent folder exb now.
- Improved: Halion 3 to Halion 2 conversion, copies all parameters from source to destination.
- Improved: DirectSound also 24-bit now and MME support, removed crackles during stopping audio driver ex. RME sound card driver.
- Changed: Menu names of Source and Destination have been sorted in alphabetical order.
- Changed: sample menu items and tool menu items have been rearranged.
- Lots of bugfixes.
Visit the Extreme Sample Converter website for more information and a link to download a demo of Extreme Sample Converter.