Rob Papen has released version 1.6.3c of the Predator software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Predator is a “phat sounding” killer synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first-class features to make this your ‘go-to’ synth for contemporary music production.
Changes in Predator v1.6.3c
- Fixed problem with Maschine / Kore saving.
- Improved LFO’s, adding in new types, and also LFO phase, shape and pre-delay as modulation destinations.
- Fixed problem with Volume / Panning disappearing from the LFO destinations.
- Fixed problem with Default PredatorFX not having any sound.
- Other small fixes & improvements.
- New banks – 30 Andrew Skelton – Dub-Sounds & 30 Rob Fabrie edm.
Predator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 149 EUR inc. VAT / $179 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Predator
Rob Papen has released the Predator RE Collection, a bundle of 5 soundset for the Predator RE software synthesizer for Propellerhead Reason.
Predator RE Collection features
- Bundle of 5 soundbanks with over 620 patches in total:
- Rob Fabrie: 100 hardcore dance patches.
- Ummet Ozcan: 120 dance patches.
- Jannick Thiry: 100 psy trance patches.
- Rsmus7: 2 banks with 181 ambient patches.
- Xenos: 127 contemporary patches.
The Predator RE Collection is available to purchase for 35 EUR / $40 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Predator RE Collection
Rob Papen has updated the Blade software synthesizer for Windows and Mac to version 1.0.1
The initial idea for Blade was born out of the want to have more ‘human input’ into the sound. The classic synthesizer parts for modulation are LFOs and Envelopes. The ‘human input’ is the keyboard we play and controllers like pitch bend or modulation wheel. A XY pad is perfect for the human input, but it controls only the filter and volume… We found this to be too limited. We wanted also to control the ‘harmonics’ of the oscillator…changing the waveform using the XY pad.
Out of this idea, Blade was born…
Changes in Blade v1.0.1
- New, easier to read graphics.
- Modulation amount knobs have grey led color to show their difference in function.
- Improved sub-oscillator sound.
- Improved preset changing behavior, so less CPU spikes and clicks & pops on changing presets.
- Fixed problem with ensemble causing clicks and small bug fixes.
- New banks added: 03 A drop In Silence by Matthew Thomasson, 03 Scope Psytrance by Scope, 03 Mike Papen 01 by Mike Papen.
- Also new presets inside banks: 01 Synth 02, 02 Wobbles 01, 03 JoMal 01, 03 Rob Fabrie 01, 03 Rob Fabrie 02.
Blade for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 119 EUR (inc. VAT) /$139 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Blade
Related: Bastiaan van Noord
, Bryan Lee
, Ed Ten Eyck
, Jeff Rhodes
, Marco Scherer
, Massimo Bosco
, patches and sound banks
, Rob Fabrie
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2012 - 0 comments
Tone2 has announced the release of Dark Toxic, a soundset for the Saurus virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In a world filled with sounds it is sometimes hard to find something new, something from the depths of darkness that rips through the norm and sets your track apart.
Dark Toxic is that something! Using Saurus’ powerful oscillators, squelchy filters and a wealth of modulation options, our sound designers set out to create the dirtiest of the dirty.
140 original sounds programmed from scratch to showcase the dark side of Saurus, with a clear focus on the harder edged sounds for genres such as Drum and Bass, Complextro, Dubstep, Grindcore and Electronica. Dark Toxic covers the entire dirt range, from cone trashing basses to club smashing leads and pads, all to bring you the best in raw dark synth power.
The Dark Toxic features
- Hand-picked selection of 140 presets created by a large number of professional sound designers: Ed Ten Eyck, Aiyn Zahev, George Zondagh, Massimo Bosco, Jamie Docwra, Marco Scherer, Bigtone, Rob Fabrie, Reinhard Reschner, Jeff Rhodes, Bryan Lee, SupremeJa, The Unshushable Coktor, Grzegorz Bartoszek, Sean Charles and Bastiaan van Noord (Tone2).
- Supports modwheel, velocity and aftertouch.
- Volume of all sounds has been carefully normalized.
The soundset is available to purchase for $39 USD / 29 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Tone2 Audiosoftware / Dark Toxic
Rob Papen has updated the RP-Delay and RP-Verb effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
RP-Verb with new GUI
Changes in RP-Delay v1.0.1 / RP-Verb v1.5.1
- RP-Verb also installs RP-Delay.
- Alternative GUI color (selectable at back panel).
- [RP-Verb] New preset bank by Rob Cass of Cave Production @ Abbey Road.
- [RP-Delay] Preset bank by Rob Fabrie.
- Clicking at ? brings up new PDF manul.
- Fixed problem with Wavelab not rendering properly..
- Improved CPU load on changing preset.
- Added scroll wheel control of knobs etc on PC host.
- Fixed bug with numerical entry.
- Fixed bug with PC RTAS version not saving changed presets.
- Various other small bug fixes & improvements.
RP-Verb (including RP-Delay) is available to purchase for 149 EUR (includes VAT) / $179 USD. RP-Delay is also available separately for 49 EUR (includes VAT) / $69 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Verb / RP-Delay
Rob Papen has released version 1.6.1b of Predator, a synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows and Mac.
Predator is used in many contemporary studios as a standard goto synth. A real production beast!
This is not only because of its phat and organic sound, the userfriendly interface, but also because of the many musical and inspirational presets!
Changes in Predator v1.6.1b
- Fixed bug that caused problems in AU version of Predator in the Lion (OSX 10.7)
- Added scroll wheel control of knobs, sliders etc for those PC hosts that allow this.
- Other small bug fixes.
- New presets inside banks: 03 Classic synth 03, 04 HipHop RnB 01, 04 HipHop RnB 02, 05 Trance and PsyTrance 03, 12 DubStep 02, 20 all basses 04.
- New session presets with Gizeh (trance banks): 30 Gizeh Trance 1, 30 Gizeh Trance 2.
Predator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for €149 EUR (includes VAT) / $179 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Predator
Rob Papen has released two sound sets for the SubBoomBass virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
SubBoomBass is filled with excessive amounts of low end ammunition to detonate your tracks! With presets designed by the legendary Rob Papen and other guest artists, this dedicated bass synth will supply you with huge cone-rattling sounds that will devastate any music track. This software instrument is great for Hip Hop and RnB but can also be used for Dubstep, video game music, film scores and more…
- Daniel Stawczyk — 100 High Quality Contemporary presets.
- Rob Fabrie — 100 High Quality Oldschool/Hardcore presets.
Both SubBoomBass sound sets are available to purchase for 15 EUR (incl. VAT) / $18 USD (excl. VAT).
More information: Rob Papen