Rob Papen has announced the release of RP-Dock, a standalone host application for Rob Papen products.
RP-Dock works with all Rob Papen instrument and effect plug-ins. In the above screenshot, RP-Dock hosts the Blade synthesizer plug-in.
There are handy features like tempo setting and an audio recording/playback facility. The audio setting for sample rate can be selected from 44.1Khz up to 96Khz (depending on your soundcard/device). Midi input offers merging of all connected Midi controllers and also included is an optional midi channel selector.
RP-Dock will host all current RP products and is completely free!
A great tool if you are playing live or in the studio or… simply cool if you just like to play around with the synthesizers or effects.
RP-Dock is currently available to download for Mac, free of charge. The Windows PC version is to be released soon.
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Dock
Rob Papen has announced the release of RP-Verb RE, a reverb Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Rob Papen’s RP-Verb Rack Extension features reverb, early and late reflections, ensemble, distortion & EQ modules.
When it comes to a pristine, authentic reverb, it’s the algorithm that counts. RP-Verb is the fruit of Rob Papen’s decades-long study of reverb.
With countless hours of exploring, testing, and tweaking by Rob himself and Jon Ayres, the result is exactly what you would expect: a stunning, musical reverb that brings unmatched dimension and fullness to your mixes.
RP-Verb is “the Reverb” that you have waited years for to use in your Reason rack!
RP-Verb RE is available for the introductory price of 49 EUR / $59 USD until April 30th, 2013 (regular 65 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Verb RE
Singomakers has launched Deep House Synth Patches 3 in 1, a collection of sounds for the Massive, Predator and Sylenth1 software synthesizers.
“3 in 1″ is a totally new generation of Soft Synth Presets! It is 3 absolutely different presets banks for Massive, Sylenth1 and Predator linked together by one genre – DEEP HOUSE and also all these sounds are available for samplers!
We locked in the studio our best sound engineers for 2 months to produce this outstanding collection of synth patches! The job is done and now we are very proud to present you this amazing collection of Deep House presets!
Deep House Synth Patches 3 in 1 features
- 60 Deep House Presets for NI “Massive”.
- 60 Deep House Presets for Rob Papen “Predator” (all presets are combined in one bank).
- 60 Deep House Presets for “Sylenth” (all presets are combined in one bank).
- 177 Sampler Patches, including all sounds from each synthesizer and available for Kontakt, EXS24, Halion, NNXT.
The sound library costs £34.95 GBP. Packs for individual synth plugins are £19.95 GBP each.
More information: Singomakers / Deep House Synth Patches 3 in 1
Rob Papen has announced the release of two special limited edition bundle packs created with Urban and Electronic Dance Music Producers in mind.
Rob Papen virtual synths are always packed with top-notch presets and a host of powerful features giving you the tools to create unique sounds in a matter of minutes and are used by many top producers worldwide.
The EDM Synth Bundle and the Urban Synth Bundle each include three Rob Papen synths and save you around 45% off the combined price, but don’t wait around as there are only limited amounts available worldwide.
Limited Edition Bundles features
- EDM Synth Bundle – Combining Rob Papen’s Predator virtual synth, Punch drum machine and Blade virtual additive synthesizer plugins, the EDM Bundle is a highly flexible electronic monster offering masses of diverse sounds for electronic dance producers.
- Urban Synth Bundle – Ideal for producers of Dubstep, Drum and Bass, Garage and Grime, the Rob Papen Urban Synth Bundle, which combines the SubBoomBass ultra deep bass synth, Punch drum machine and Predator virtual synth plug-ins, will also seamlessly fit into the workflows of those creating Hip Hop, Rap and R&B music.
The EDM Synth Bundle and Urban Synth Bundles are available to purchase for 199.00 EUR/$239 USD/£169 GBP each.
More information: Rob Papen / EDM & Urban Synth Bundles
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Rob Papen
, sound design
Posted in news
on Mar 01, 2013
Gobbler has announced another Gobbler’s Favorite Things contest, offering a chance to win various Rob Papen products.
Rob Papen is the master of sound design. He’s put out a ton of plug-ins that are not only extraordinarily powerful but also contain extremely versatile User Interfaces, which is quite the challenge in the music technology world.
This week we’re giving away not one, but two copies of Rob Papen’s eXplorer II bundle containing almost all of his prized plug-ins as well as 2 copies of Rob’s new book titled The Secrets of Subtractive Synthesis: The 4 Element Synth. We’ve read the book at Gobbler HQ and with 10 hours of DVD footage, it’s sure to keep you busy as you dig deeper into this master’s insight into the world of subtractive synthesis!
The contest ends 3 March, 2013, 11:59:59PM PST.
More information: Gobbler
Rob Papen has released version 1.6.3c of the Predator software synthesizer for Windows and Mac.
Predator is a “phat sounding” killer synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first-class features to make this your ‘go-to’ synth for contemporary music production.
Changes in Predator v1.6.3c
- Fixed problem with Maschine / Kore saving.
- Improved LFO’s, adding in new types, and also LFO phase, shape and pre-delay as modulation destinations.
- Fixed problem with Volume / Panning disappearing from the LFO destinations.
- Fixed problem with Default PredatorFX not having any sound.
- Other small fixes & improvements.
- New banks – 30 Andrew Skelton – Dub-Sounds & 30 Rob Fabrie edm.
Predator for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for 149 EUR inc. VAT / $179 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Predator
Rob Papen has released version 1.0.3e of Punch, the drum and percussion synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Punch delivers synthesized drums in the finest audio quality and with breathtaking features for the contemporary producer. You can can use synthesis and the built in samples to build your own unique sounding drum-kit, but also your own samples can be loaded into Punch to complete your kit.
Your sounds can then be crafted using the stunning features, filters and huge synth power we all know from other RP synthesizers.
Changes in Punch v1.0.3e
- New Solo / Mute Buttons.
- Increased visibility drum pad preset menu.
- Fixed problem with Kore / Maschine saving.
- New preset banks, JoMal 2 and Voltage Disciples (3 banks).
- Other small fixes.
Punch for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS /AAX) is available to purchase for 149 EUR inc. VAT / $179 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / Punch
Rob Papen has updated the RP-Distort Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason to version 1.0.1.
RP-Distort is not just a distortion unit, but much more. The distortion unit inside RP-Distort can be combined with an analog modeled filter, compressor and widener unit.
On top of that, the controls can be modulated using midi sources or by one of the 4 build in LFOs that can sync to your host tempo..
The distortion unit offers 22 distortion types included ring modulator and lo-fi. RP-Distort is a wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks in an inspirational way.
Changes in RP-Distort RE v1.0.1
- Fixed Problem with ‘ghost lanes’ during automation.
- Bypass moved in Combinator to a more standard position.
- Fixed LFO Speed readout.
- Improved LFO precision.
- Widen at zero amount should have no effect.
- Other small fixes.
The RP-Distort RE is available to purchase for 29 EUR / $35 USD.
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Distort RE