Roland has announced that new Windows 8.1 and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) USB drivers are available for a wide range of Roland products including audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, MIDI keyboard controllers, recorders, and more.
Roland respects the importance of keeping pace with technology, and Roland’s engineering teams forge strong links with Microsoft and Apple to build and test new drivers alongside beta OS releases. Starting with the original MPU-40 in 1984, Roland has nearly thirty years of experience creating interfaces for computer music applications and continues to elevate the musical possibilities for musicians all over the world.
Drivers for Roland’s extensive range of gear are released in concert with operating system updates, giving musicians immediate access to keep creative visions flowing. Windows 8.1 (64-bit and 32-bit) and Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) USB drivers are now available for the Roland products listed below. Additional drivers for Roland products will also be added as they are completed.
The drivers are available to download here.
More information: Roland
Samplephonics has announced the release of Nevo Analogue Machines, a virtual instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Our goal was to create something as close to the analogue sound as possible, and keep it simple, functional, and straight to the point. We wanted all sounds to be solid and ready to use. Put simply, we wanted it to sound HUGE!
And we think we’ve done it! We’re extremely proud of this hybrid synth and have found it an incredible experience to build, and to use. A big thanks to Yoad Nevo for his expert synth advise and programming, and to everyone else involved in the production of this, especially Phil from Samplephonics, whose attention to detail and scripting expertise has enabled this idea to become a reality.
Nevo Analogue Machines features
- Over 17,000 sampled analogue waveforms from a Mini Moog, JX10, SH-101, Oberheim M6R, Juno 106 and a Korg MS10.
- Over 1,000 presets.
- Multiple round robin layers.
- Analogue style sequencer, arpeggiator, chord generator, custom stereo and chorus effects, envelopes, LFO’s and more!
- Custom Kontakt 5 Interface, Logic Pro channel strip presets and a Reason Refil (available to download separately).
- All sounds are 100% royalty free and available to use instantly.
The sample library is available to purchase for £89 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Nevo Analogue Machines
Sonic Faction has announced the release of the Mutant Synth Pack, a collection of classic synthesizers for Ableton Live.
The pack features meticulously sampled iconic synths, reactivated from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
The bundle includes new 3 instruments:
- The Clone, based on the classic Roland SH-101
- Puls8or, sampled from the notorious Waldorf Pulse+
- and Rouge-One, modeled after the legendary Sequential Circuits PRO-ONE.
Mutant Synth Pack also includes a custom Max for Live device to control sounds with the Ableton Push, Akai APC40 and Novation Launchpad.
The patch allows you to draw in melodies, chords, and modulation. It also features the unique Spiral LED light pattern generator.
Mutant Synth Pack is available to purchase for $40 USD.
More information: Sonic Faction / Mutant Synth Pack
Adam Szabo has announced version 1.5 of JP6K, a synthesizer instrument plugin for Windows.
JP6K is a synth dedicated to emulating the famous Super Saw sound, first found in the Roland JP-8000 synthesizer in 1997. It aims to capture the essence of the sound and the behaviour of the original oscillator.
Even after a decade, the Super Saw is still sought after by people all around the world, and is a crucial part of such music genres like Trance.
Changes in JP6K v1.5
- Lower CPU usage.
- More accurate Super Saw detune.
- Pitch Bend range.
- Amp and Filter velocity.
- New Glide mode and Glide Hold function.
- More presets.
The plugin is available to purchase for Windows (VST), priced at 25 EUR.
More information: Adam Szabo / JP6K
Mystery Islands has released version 1.1.8 of its JP-80×0 Editor Plugin for the Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080 synthesizers.
First of all, thanks to everyone who’s been patient with our Windows VST development. It’s time to announce the Windows VST version of our JP-80×0 plugin and it is available right now!
We have also included Alan Marcero’s great trance bank to go with our plugin and anyone who’s registered with the JP-80×0 plugin, will have access to them with the latest MAC or PC release.
The plug-in is now available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU), priced at 49.95 EUR.
More information: Mystery Islands / JP-80×0 Editor Plugin
Samples From Mars has announced the release of the TR 808 Samples Library, a collection of 493 samples from the Roland TR-808 drum machine, recorded through an SSL 4000 G+ console.
We are in love with the Roland TR-808 and all of the genres it has created and inspired (Electro -> Hip Hop – > Boogie -> House -> Techno -> Trap -> Pop). And although the (world’s most popular?) drum machine has been sampled many times, as collectors of 808 samples for over 10 years, we believe we have succeeded in creating a truly unique 808 sample pack.
If you are like us and already own 10+ different 808 libraries, we are confident you will still find yourself reaching for this 808 kit again and again, because we’ve used different gear and artistic judgement to create the sounds in our own style.
TR 808 Samples Library features
- Over 450 professional quality, punchy and clear TR 808 samples.
- Recorded with classic, vintage analog gear and re-pitched on tape.
- Instant Download.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 808 Samples Library
Related: Groove Criminals
, samples and sound libraries
, sound fx
, Sounds to Sample
Posted in news
on Oct 01, 2013
The Groove Criminals has announced the release of Analogue Synth FX and Analogue Synth Percussion, two new sample packs.
The Groove Criminals are proud to release their new range of compact, low cost but high quality sample packs under the Groove Criminals Essentials banner. Designed to be an affordable way of building up a set of go-to sounds and samples for a wide range of music productions.
Groove Criminals Essentials packs
- Analogue Synth FX – A collection of 100% analogue synth FX all sourced from the Groove Criminals’ stash of analogue synths, both new and vintage. The 112 24-bit WAV samples include sweeps, drops, risers, one-off hits and just plain fat, bubbly analogue goodness to top off any track.
Synths used to make this pack include the Roland SH101, Moog Little Phatty, Waldorf Pulse, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09, Yamaha CS5, the Korg Monotron series and Synare 3. Strictly analogue processing comes courtesy of the Electrix Filter Factory, Vermona filters and a fully stocked Moog Moogerfooger rig.
- Analogue Synth Percussion – A collection of percussive hits all created from an enviable stack of analogue drum synths. From deep booms and fat bleeps to sharp twangs and metallic tones, these 120 24- bit WAV hits will help to inject some analogue goodness alongside more traditional drum sounds.
The 100% analogue sound sources used to create this versatile sample pack include a Vermona DRM1 Mk3, JoMox Air Base 99, Synare 3, Amdek PCK-100 percussion synth, Artura Minibrute, Roland SH09 and Yamaha CS5.
The sample packs are available to purchase at Sounds To Sample for £5 GBP each.
More information: Sounds To Sample
, drum machine
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 27, 2013
Liveschool has released a number of free drum rack packs for Ableton Live.
- Fairchild 808 — The samples were recorded by manager of Studios 301 and Ableton Certified Trainer Anthony Garvin as we were preparing for our next focus course on Mixing and Mastering. They were recorded from an original TR-808 through one of 301′s custom built DI boxes, and then patched through the Fairchild 670 via the SSL K-Series console, finally being captured into Ableton Live by an Apogee Rosetta 200 ADC. Multiple passes of some of the samples where made to include variations on each element, such as a short punchy kick, and the long-decay sub type kick.
- Vermona DRM1 MKIII — Using the per-sound outputs on the Vermona, each sample was passed through a series of outboard gear suited to that sound. As with our 808 Drum Rack, some these samples were recorded via Studios 301′s very rare (and very valuable) Fairchild 670 compressor. Going beyond the Fairchild this time, we took advantage of more of 301′s outboard gear, and customised the signal chain for each new sound.
- Korg Volca Beats — Over in Studio 2 at Studios 301, the samples were recorded direct from the Korg Volca Beats into an API 512c Lunchbox pre-amp, then through a channel of the SSL 9000k console for some slight compression and EQ, before being captured back in to Ableton Live with a Apogee Rossetta 200 ADC. It might be a consumer priced drum machine, but it was amongst some giants (with giant price tags) over at 301. It was pretty surreal hearing the Volca’s meaty analog kick booming through the Genelec 1039A main monitors in Studio 2.
The racks are available to download from Liveschool at no cost.
More information: Liveschool / Ableton Live drum racks