CubicAudio has announced the release of Cubits Evolution, a virtual Rom synthesizer instrument for Windows.
Evolution enters a whole new dimension in sound design aswell as giving you the user an advantage to not only load presets with roms, but to also edit oscillators by changing wave types and editing effects directly as no features are locked away from user. We believe that any producer or sound designer should have access to each part of the synth and this allows you to fully utilize Evolution’s capabilities and create your own sounds.
Cubits Evolution features
- 4 Main Oscillators, 1 Rom Synthesizer (Upto 4 Layers), Modulation Matrix (Many modulation options), 2 LFOs, 6 effects (Chorus, Decimator, EQ, Distortion, Reverb, Delay).
- Over 300 presets (1.2GB) included, easily updated to add new presets.
- Flexible presets browsing with categories and search function.
- Small Size, Big Library, Better Sounds.
Cubits Evolution is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC for £79.99 GBP.
More information: CubicAudio / Cubits Evolution
DSK Music has announced of the DSK Guitars Series, a collection of three virtual guitar instrument plug-ins for Windows.
DSK Guitars features
- 3 Virtual Instruments:
- DSK Guitars Acoustic
- DSK Guitars Nylon
- DSK Guitars Steel
- High expressive and dynamics sounds.
- Clean and very simply GUI.
DSK Guitars Series is available to download as a collection of freeware VST instrument plug-ins for Windows PC.
More information: DSK Music
Wusik has released version 6.0 of Wusik Station, a virtual sampler/rompler instrument for Windows.
Since it started, it got more and more features asked for by users, a new interface, easier way to load presets and much more. Its been rated by users the number one choice when creating songs. It can cover pretty much any style of music. From NewAge to SoundTracks, from Dance to Techno.
Changes in Wusik Station v6.0
- Added: New Multi Preset Layer. Now you can have 16 times more Layers, WaveSequencers and GrooveSequencers. Each Multi Preset Layer can load a full WusikPRST file.
- Added: New TreeView File Browser which lets you browse not just the Wusik Station Data Folder, but your entire Drive(s) on your computer. With several options, like Drag-and-Drop to move files around, copy, paste, rename, move, new-folder, search and other options.
- Added: Drawable Waveforms. We included a small set of waveforms in a WusikPACK file. You can also open regular sounds and convert to a Drawable WusikSND file. They work just like a regular WusikSND file, but when you open the Sample-Editor, it shows a different window where you can draw waveforms directly. There are several ways to draw and manipulate waveforms: free-draw, line-draw, zoom, phase-positioning, smooth, normalize, phase-invert and inverse. Drawable waveforms are saved in the preset/project file, so there’s no need to save to WusikSND files, unless you want to share your waveforms.
- Added: Groove Sequencer Remote Pattern key zone start and end. The key just before the lowest zone key will stop the current groove.
- Added: new Mod-Matrix Destination – Sticky Keys. When you play a key, it will sustain until you play another key, and the a certain time has passed. Or, if you play a near zero velocity key (velocity < 20, from 127) all keys will stop. The time is set with the Amnt option. It will use the BPM tempo to determinate the number of secods of each beat. So, if you set 1, it will stick all keys played during the period of 1 beat. This is better than latch, as you can play chords, and not even at the same time. Just raise Amnt to the number of beats you want notes to stick together.
- Added: option to disable audio-input. (right click / context menu).
- Fixed: mod-matrix problem with Midi-CCs as Source and Amplitude as destination. (and other destinations) This would cause a high-pitch sound in the Orchestral-Lite Wind sounds.
- New Additions to Wusik Station V6 Full Version: The Sound Bank, Volumes 1, 2 and 3. Those are not new sounds, but previously released sounds, that are now part of the Wusik Station V6 New Sound Package. (plus the previous V5 Sounds Package).
Wusik Station is available to purchase as a VST instrument plug-in for Windows PC, priced at $99.95 USD. Various upgrades and bundle deals are available as well.
More information: Wusik
Time+Space has announced a new promotion: Buy Superior Drummer 2.0 in March and get a free SDX expansion pack worth £119.
Toontrack’s multi award winning drum sampler ‘Superior Drummer 2.0′ is a complete overhaul of the original dfh Superior engine with Toontrack having made painstakingly sure to lose nothing of the sound quality, attention to detail and musicality that has made the Toontrack® Music drum sampler line what it is.
Any customer that buys Superior Drummer 2.0 in March can claim a free SDX expansion pack worth £119! This offer includes:
- The Lost New York Studios
- The Metal Foundry
- Custom & Vintage
Simply purchase Superior Drummer 2.0 as normal either through Time+Space or a participating dealer and then send proof of purchase with the rebate form (downloadable from timespace.com/toontrack) to Time+Space and we’ll send the free SDX direct to you at no extra charge!
What better time than now to experience ‘the best drum ROMpler going’ for yourself!?
More information: Time+Space
GSi has released version 1.1 of Key Performer, a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds.
Hey Folks! Epecially you, Mac guys! You who have been waiting almost one year for this event to come true… your wait is over. Key Performer is now available also for Mac! Yeah! :)
Existing Windows users can download the update (just the installer, no need to re-download the sampled instruments) and overwrite the old version. Mac users can now take advantage of this nice and useful tool with cool keyboard sounds that cover all music genres and live situations. It’s available as a plug-in in both VST and AU format and as a Standalone application.
Changes in Key Performer v1.1
- Internal sound engines greatly improved (CPU usage is even lower now).
- Minor bug fixes here and there.
- Saving presets and banks now asks confirmation for overwriting existing files.
- When you press & hold a scroll button (for either the presets or instruments) the list scrolls rapidly.
- New interface.
Key Performer is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for the introductory price of 99 EUR until 31 December, 2010 (extended offer). A demo version can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: GSi / Key Performer