Rough Diamond Productions has released baddASS, a free VST effect plug-in for Windows PC.
baddASS is a single channel bass drum reinforment tool:
This is a very simple synth designed to add oomph to bass drums. Whenever the incoming signal [bass drum] is above the threshhold [sensitivity] baddASS’s gate opens allowing through whatever frequency you’ve chosen [20 – 200 Hz]. baddASS plays the note for upto a second [release] and can perform a pitch bend [detune] in either direction.
- Sensitivity, when the input rises above the threshhold, baddASS opens the gate to the synth section.
- Release, the time it takes for the baddASS note to fade out (If you’re using the detune function, this is also the time it takes for the detune to complete).
- Frequency, to set the base frequency.
- Detune, bending the note before the end of the release.
- Drive, level and threshold controls for drive.
- Click & Boost, controls the attack of the baddASS output (higher click setting -> faster attack), boost is 0 to 30 db.
- Gate input, input signal is also gated before becoming the dry output.
- Dry/Wet mix control.
Visit Rough Diamond Productions for more information.
Rough Diamond Productions has released voldeLAY, a stereo lookahead volume dependant delay chain effect plug-in for Windows PC.
voldeLAY consists of 8 stereo delay units. Each unit automixes its output between the input signal [dry] and the delayed signal [wet] according to sidechain input vs threshhold.
As a signal gets louder its delay time jumps creating stutters, jitters and the like. Obviously, that’s at the extreme end of what voldeLAY does – it can also be used for flanger and chorus effects as well as pitch warping and making odd phasiness.
- 8 daisy-chained stereo delays with independant delay times automatically cross-fade between themselves depending on the level of the input.
- Each delay has controls for delay time and threshhold, above which the delay fades in according to the crossfade time.
- All 8 time and threshhold values are scalable via multiplier and sensitivity controls with an LFO for each.
- Feedback applies to all delays equally and a post effect mix knob provides dry/wet controls.
- The number of delays in the chain can be switched between 4 and 8, the threshhold response can be inverted, and the inputs can be wired in series or parallel.
- Look-ahead of upto 2 seconds, and the sidechain/trigger input can be toggled between inputs 1&2 and 3&4.
Visit Rough Diamond Productions for more information and a link to download voldeLAY.
Rough Diamond Productions has released version 0.7 of simpleTON MK I, a freeware stereo filter with drivestage VST plug-in for Windows PC.
simpleTON MK I v0.7 features
- Filters: High Pass & Low Pass with filter frequency (knob) and resonance (ring) controls.
- Shape, switch between 12 and 24 db/octave slope – 24db when lit.
- Drive (red knob) – amount of distortion & Mix (ring) – fully left = dry, fully right = wet.
- Signal path: input -> HP -> LP -> DRIVE -> MIX -> output.
simpleTON is available as freeware for personal use (commerical use requires a minimum donation of £5).
It looks like the sideGATE, freqDELAY, deeeeeLAY and sidePRESS plug-ins have recently been updated, so you might want to pick those up as well. These updates include improved loading times, CPU usage, stability and a few more improvements.
Visit Rough Diamond Productions for more information and a link to download simpleTON.
Rough Diamond Productions has released beta versions of a number of freeware VST plug-ins for Windows PC.
whiteLABEL plug-ins available:
- autoBED – look ahead stereo ducker.
- deeeeeLAY – stupidly long delay.
- freqDELAY – multi band delay machine.
- sidePRESS – hard knee compressor with virtual sidechain input.
- sideGATE – look ahead flexi-gate.
- wavePLAY – 4 oscillator wave-explorer.
The plug-ins are in beta phase of development, so feedback is welcome (check for a link on the whiteLABEL page).
Visit Rough Diamond Productions for more information and links to download the whiteLABEL VST plug-ins.