rs-met has released Pitch Shifter, a freeware VST plug-in for Windows PC.
This shifter is based on a delayline with two crossfaded read pointers (as a metaphor from the analog world, think of a loop of tape with one recording head and two play heads mounted on a rotating head drum). Such an architecture allows for feedback – and feedback gives the potential to rather drastic, weird special effects like monster-voices, flanger-like effects and more.
Pitch Shifter features
- Pitch shift coarsely in semitones, finetune in cents.
- Output of the pitch shifter is a delayed copy of a segment of the input signal, played back
at a different speed (so it is delayed, and pitch shifted).
- Dry/Wet control.
- Grain Length: control the size of the grains.
- Grain-adapt: adjust the grain-length in units of multiples of the pitch period rather than in milliseconds.
- Anti-Alias low-pass filtering.
Visit rs-met for more information and a link to download Pitch Shifter.
rs-met has released version 0.6.5 of Straightliner, a subtractive synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
Changes in Straightliner v0.6.5
- MIDI automation implemented.
- Now responds to sustain-pedal and all-notes-off.
- Shape slider is grayed out when it does not apply.
- Changed behaviour of sliders.
- More presets, more waveforms.
- Envelope generator re-programmed.
- Tweaking the ‘Time Scale’ parameter during holding a note is now directly reflected in the sound.
- Some bug fixes.
MIDI Monitor is a plugin which shows incoming MIDI messages. MIDI-events and incoming audio signals are passed through unchanged.
rs-met MIDI Monitor – shows incoming MIDI messages
MIDI Monitor includes versions for both instrument- and effect plug-ins (some hosts distinguish between the two).
Visit rs-met for more information and links to download the freeware MIDI Monitor and the public beta of Straightliner.
rs-met has released a public beta of Straightliner, a subtractive synthesizer plug-in for Windows PC.
- 4 Oscillators, support loading of arbitrary (single cycle) audio files (stereo supported).
- 2 Envelope generators with flexible modulation (allows for arbitrary number of breakpoints).
- Multi-mode Filter: lowpass, highpass, bandpass, bell- and shelving types and some ‘morphable’ types (note: at this early beta-stage, only the ‘Moogish Lowpass’ type is implemented).
- Stereo signal path.
A manual of Straightliner is available for download (pdf).
Visit rs-met for more information and a link to download Straightliner v0.6
rs-met has released version 0.6 of Crossover 3-Way and Track Meter, two freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
Changes in v0.6
- Crossover 3-Way: odd multiples of 12 dB/oct did not sum up to unit magnitude, fixed.
- Track Meter: time constant adjustment (on clicking the respective buttons) for VU and PPM mode was wrong, fixed.
- Track Meter: Parameter ranges for rise and fall time have changed and scale exponentially now.
- Track Meter: GUI graphics have been optimized for more efficiency.
Visit rs-met for more information and links to download Crossover 3-Way and Track Meter.
rs-met has released Channel Matrix 2×2 and Crossover 3-Way, two freeware VST effect plug-ins for Windows PC.
Channel Matrix 2×2 is a plugin which lets you matrix-multiply the signals of two input channels in order to obtain another two signals which will appear at the two output channels. Example uses are mid/side encoding/decoding, mixing stereo to mono, switching channels left for right, boosting or attenuating signals, inverting signal polarity, etc.
Crossover 3-Way is a plugin to split an incoming (stereo or mono) signal into 2 or 3 frequency ranges (lows and highs or lows, mids and highs). It can be used to build your own multiband effects within a modular (sub)host environment. The band-splitting is done by complementary pairs of Linkwitz-Riley lowpass/highpass filters, the slope of which is adjustable between 12 and 96 dB/oct.
Visit rs-met for more information and links to download these plug-ins.