Waves has announced the release of Vitamin, a sonic enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Vitamin is a multiband harmonic enhancer that can make any track sound powerful and full of spark by mixing an enriched version with the original signal.
No matter what you use it on, Vitamin opens up the sound in a way that truly complements and enhances your mixes, ensuring they get all the nutrients they need.
- Parallel multiband harmonic enhancer with five individual bands.
- Control over the crossover frequency points between bands.
- Control over the mix of the direct signal with the enhanced version.
- Per-band stereo width control.
- Punch control for smoothing or accentuating punchiness and dynamics.
- Zero-latency processing.
Vitamin is available for the introductory price of $99 USD (Native) / $149 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / Vitamin
Audiffex has released version 2.1.0 of its GK Amplification amp and speaker effect plug-in, which now includes 64-bit versions and VST3 and AAX support.
GK Amplification plug-in includes exact models of Gallien-Krueger amps and speakers. All the functions of the original amps (Bi-Amp, filters) are available. All controls do the same as their hardware counterparts.
Changes in GK Amplification v2.1.0
- 64-bit plug-in versions added.
- VST3 and AAX plug-in formats added.
- User presets handling improved for better portability.
- GUI functionality improved.
- Standalone version is completely rewritten and includes metronome, recorder and advanced audio file player.
The new versions are available for immediate download.
More information: Audiffex / GK Amplification
Softube has released version 2.1.6 of the Console 1 software for Mac OS X, including CPU optimizations and bug fixes.
Current owners of Softube plug-ins, in particular Console 1 owners, are advised to download and install the new software version. The update includes improvements and bug fixes, mainly for Console 1 but also slight CPU improvements to the entire Softube product line.
Changes in v2.1.6
- Updated with GUI bug fixes. Fixes problems with line breaks in dialogs, and affects track meters.
- Console 1 OSD: Changed help texts in All mode, changed ugly-looking ellipsis in Group text.
- Console 1 OSD: The left (instead) of right meter is used in mono mode. Looks better that way.
- Console 1 OSD: Curves filtering now as fast as the rest of the GUI.
- Apply pre-2.1.6 Console 1 overhead optimizations to other plug-ins.
- Summit Audio EQF-100: Implement curve display for Console 1.
- Console 1: Fix bug where switching between running a plug-in in mono and stereo would not update mono/stereo state in OSD correctly.
- Console 1: Fix Pro Tools compare button bugs when comparing against Factory Default setting.
- Optimizations in parameter handling, sidechain overhead, bypass overhead, VST 2 interface overhead, and some DSP code.
- Code cleanups.
- Console 1 SSL 4000 Dynamic Shaper: Correct stereo merge bug, optimize.
- Console 1: Optimize overhead when sections are turned off.
- FET Compressor/Tonelux Tilt/Tonelux Tilt Live: Apply various optimizations from Console 1.
- [2.1.5] Console 1: Fix Filters to Compressor and External Sidechain to Compressor bug.
- [2.1.5] Console 1 plug-in: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.4] All plug-ins: Fix a possible crash when multiple plug-in windows for a single plug-in type are open at the same time and one of them is closed.
- [2.1.4] Console 1 OSD: Fix a small memory leak.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Fix a bug relating to shape meter, compressor meter, and audio malfunctions in some situations when running at other sample frequencies than 44.1 kHz in certain DAWs.
- [2.1.3] Console 1: Turn off All when going out of Load Strip/Shape/EQ/Compressor or History mode.
The new software version is now available to download from Softube.
More information: Softube
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS 3 v2.0, an updated version of its authentic-sounding software emulation of the vintage EMS VCS3 portable analogue synthesizer.
The XILS 3 V2.0 not only emulates the Synthi (VCS 3) modular synthesizer, it also adds an emulation of the 256 Analog Sequencer, the natural companion of the VCS 3.
Is that all? No, of course, we added a SECOND Matrix, with 2 additional envelopes, one LFO, a detailed Sample and Hold module, and a Voltage processor…
And some input modules : Gate, Transient, Envelope Follower and Pitch Tracker to transform the XILS 3 into an advanced Effect Processor! This means hundreds of additional connections. Add to the pile the analog chorus with its three modes, the analog delay and the phaser… the picture emerges.
XILS 3 v2.0 features
- 6 Oscillators grouped in 3 pairs, with WaveShaping (on sine wave, saw, triangle and square).
- 1 Noise Oscillator (With Noise color).
- 1 Analog Filter, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes (12/18/24 dB LowPass).
- 3 Trapezoidal Envelope Generators, Looping EG in the time of analog (Switchable to ADSR).
- 2 Polyphonic LFOs (including 1 Oscillator acting as LFO at audiorate).
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator.
- 2 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter.
- Programmable Joystick Vector Controller (up to 32+32 modulation targets).
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Envelope Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules.
- Chorus, Delay, Spring Reverb.
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling.
- Hundreds of presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers.
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags).
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections.
- Instrument or Effect plug-in.
XILS 3 is available for purchase for the introductory price of 120 EUR until May 1st, 2014 (regular 149 EUR). The XILISTICS sound bank for XILS 3 with 160-plus presets (25 EUR value) is included with this offer. XILS 3 requires eLicenser or iLok.
More information: XILS-lab / XILS 3
Future Audio Workshop has released version 1.1.5 of Circle, a virtual synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
With the latest release of Circle, we are finally happy to announce that we are 64 Bit ready on both OSX and Windows. This latest release is hot out of beta testing and ready for use in your music. Thanks to everyone for your patience while we prepared this release.
Changes in Circle v1.1.5
- Font renderings now fully retina.
- Main Analog Modelled Filter Algorithm’s have improved sound quality.
- Stability issues in Ableton Live on OS X have been solved.
- Windows installer now allows for optional 32-bit & 64-bit installation.
- Activation issues on Windows have been fixed.
- Many more under the interface improvements of which there are too many to mention, all helping to make Circle more stable and smooth running on OS X and Windows.
Circle is available for purchase for $69 USD / 49 EUR.
More information: Future Audio Workshop / Circle
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Apr 07, 2014 - 0 comments
Flux has announced that its plug-ins and bundles are now available in AAX HD-X versions.
Today with the release of Syrah v3 we also release the +AAX DSP version for the AVID HD-X platform of all our bundles, including Dynamix Pack 1.1 and Full Pack 2.1
All our Flux:: series plug-ins are now available in v3 versions, AU/VST/AAX Native/AAX DSP in 32 and 64 bits, with the exception of Alchemist that still is 32 bit and AU / VST / RTAS only, but will during May 2014 be released in AAX Native & 32/64 bit, as a FREE upgrade for all owners of the plug-in or a bundle that contains it.
As with all our v3 plug-ins, our bundles are available in two different product versions:
* Native – supporting AU / VST / AAX Native
* +AAX DSP – supporting AU / VST / AAX Native / AAX DSP
All current owners of any of our AAX DSP licences will, in addition to the AAX DSP/Native version, from today also be able to use the Native v3 versions (AU / VST ) of the AAX DSP software they own. Simply download the corresponding Native v3 installer and install it.
The Flux Series plug-ins and bundles are 50% off through April 2014.
More information: Flux
SoundToys has updated its plug-ins with 64-bit VST support for Mac OS X and native AAX for Windows.
We’re excited to announce that version 4.4 of our award-winning effects plug-ins is here, adding 64-bit VST support for Mac and native AAX support for Windows. All of our most popular plug-ins are now compatibie with all supported 64-bit platforms, including Pro Tools 11, Ableton Live, and Cubase/Nuendo on both Mac and Windows, and Logic X on the Mac.
Glorious 64-bit versions of EchoBoy, Decapitator, Crystallizer, FilterFreak, Tremolator, PhaseMistress, PanMan, MicroShift, Radiator, and Devil-Loc are here, and ready to spice up your mix.
Existing V4 users can update for free from their SoundToys account.
More information: SoundToys
LSR audio has released version 1.2 of its WARMultipress vintage multi-band compressor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
WARMultiband features 3 bands, with adjustable cross-over frequencies.
Changes in WARMultipress v1.2
- Support for AAX native for ProTools 11 (64-bit) and 10.3.6 (32-bit) on Mac and Windows.
- Better crossover filters.
- Improved ATR102 tape emulation.
- Better compression algorithm (progressive curve, fast reaction, soft overshoot).
- Better performances.
WARMultipress for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $89 USD. The update is free to registered users.
More information: LSR Audio / WARMultipress