McDSP has announced that it is offering 70% off the entire Project Studio upgrade to Native v5, for a limited time.
For just $199 ($556 savings) upgrade Analog Channel, CompressorBank, FilterBank, ML4000 and Revolver to Native v5. If Project Studio owners plan to upgrade to Pro Tools 11 or AAX, this is the opportunity to receive compatibility, as Project Studio will not be supported in Pro Tools 11 or on the AAX platform.
Customers who may have already upgraded one or a few of the Project Studio plug-ins, will still pay the $199 to upgrade the remainder of their bundle to Native v5.
The v5 upgrade includes AU and AAX plug-in format support, 64-bit support for Logic and Pro Tools (10 and 11), six Native AU/AAX-Native/RTAS upgrades, nine additional AU/AAX-Native/RTAS plug-ins, and ten additional RTAS plug-ins.
The offer expires April 30th, 2013.
More information: McDSP
IOSONO has announced the it is offering its Anymix Pro surround mixing plug-in at a discount in celebration of its 1 year anniversary.
Anymix is the ideal solution for an easy, yet precise creation of surround mixes. It comes with a broad selection of up- and downmix preferences tailored to be used in post-production, broadcast, music and game sound design. Anymix can be used to convert any input setup from mono to 8.1 to any output format from stereo to 8.1 and vice versa.
The plug-in offers features for individual panning and high-quality upmixing. Anymix doesn’t only redistribute audio material to a certain output configuration, but gives the mixer full control over important parameters, turning the mono or stereo mix into a realistic surround scenario.
With the release of Nuendo 6, Anymix Pro has become an integral part of the digital audio workstation. A new version of the plug-in featuring support for the new Avid Pro Tools AAX format is scheduled for summer 2013.
Anymix Pro for Windows and Mac (VST/RTAS) is available to purchase for 200 EUR until May 15th, 2013.
More information: IOSONO / Anymix Pro
XILS-lab has updated its Oxium software synthesizer to version 1.5, a free major update that brings new features, ergonomic enhancements, a slight revamp of the GUI, a new ICE skin (depending on the Group Buy), some new presets and AAX support for Pro Tools.
Changes in Oxium v1.5
- Modulation Targets: More than 10 new modulation targets have been implemented. possible.
- Masks Envelopes: The Masks have their own simple envelopes, and the segments of these envelopes have been added as modulation targets as well.
- New Masks Handling Functions: You can now perform MultiSelection and MultiEdition of the Masks, as well as any complex selections of continuous or discontinuous Masks, to edit them simultaneously.
- Improved Masks Locator handling: enhanced behavior of the Mask Locators.
- Ergonomic and GUI: Oxium GUI has been slightly modified.
- New Presets: More than 50 new presets have been added to the Factory Library.
- AAX compatible: Oxium is ready for PT10 and PT11 new AAX format.
To celebrate the release of Oxium 1.5 XILS-Lab is running a “Mini GroupBuy“, offering the opportunity to get a 10% discount and additional skin & soundbanks for Oxium. The group buy ends May 10th, 2013.
More information: XILS-lab / Oxium
Axis Plugins has announced the release of Track EQ, a precision equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The Track EQ is not another native software simulated tube instrument. We believe that simulating fantastic classic or retro analog hardware will degrade the sound of a whole generation. A software simulated plug-in is not able to cover the sound of an unique classic hardware where every single unit has had its own unique sound because every building part used is an unique real-world-physical-piece with great unique flaws. These flaws imprint. These flaws make the unique sound.
All those software simulations that are available will always and only be able to copy one unique classic or retro hardware unit. So in the end using a hardware simulation plug-in will make everybody using the same unit over and over again. And all uniqueness is gone.
That is why we think buying the classic or retro analog hardware is the choice to do. And after you bought this hardware and have recorded your sound on to the digital domain. That is where the Track EQ comes in. The Track EQ will not color your sound. The Track EQ lets you edit your digital data surgically.
Track EQ features
- 8 individual filter blocks, up to 16 filter blocks in split mode.
- Every filter block can select from up to 11 different filter types.
- Full solo and mute for one filter block or a group of filter blocks together.
- Automation for all Digital Audio Workstations.
- FFT Analysis and Spectrograph Display before or after the processed signal.
Track EQ is available for Windows and Mac (AU/VST/RTAS). A 12-month license is available to purchase for 39 EUR, which includes all current and future plugins.
More information: Axis Plugins / Track EQ
Exponential Audio has released version 1.2 of its PhoenixVerb and R2 reverb effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
The long wait for 64-bit Windows code is over. PhoenixVerb and R2 now support 64-bit Windows VST and Windows AAX. There are many other improvements–a better preset loader, faster startup, better performance.
If you’re already an owner, get to the download page and get your update. If you’d like to try them out, go to the demo pages and get a new 21-day demo.
Changes in PhoenixVerb / R2 v1.2
- 64-bit Windows VST.
- Windows AAX (32-bit).
- Mac and Windows versions and features are now synchronized, with identical features between both.
- Updated 64-bit AAX. Another release will be needed when ProTools 11 ships (due to digital signing), but current version will work well for any PT11 testers.
- Fixed a problem in the graphics library that could cause crashes for Cubase and Studio One (possibly other Windows DAWs).
- Plugin scanning and launch are now faster.
- Added a Cancel button to preset menu.
- Changing a keyword no longer automatically loads a preset from the new keyword. No preset is loaded until the user selects one.
- Fixed a bug that appeared in Windows. There were a few value gaps in setting output gain parameters.
- Fixed a problem in automation. ‘Touch’ style automation was a fight between original knob position and the desired position. This was also a minor problem in other forms of automation, but was much less noticeable.
- Dialed back the GUI color intensity by a couple of notches.
- Completely rewrote the preset loader in the GUI. The popup menu no longer goes from the top of the screen to the bottom for large lists. The new compact view actually shows many more presets at once. In addition, the preset list will no longer show up behind the main GUI in those cases where it was a problem.
- As part of the new preset loader, there is now subtle background coloring that helps to group presets that are variants of a basic preset ( Dark, Narr, etc).
- Defer loading graphics until a UI is opened. This makes load quicker for jobs in which the UI is normally closed.
- Fixed a longstanding minor bug that sometimes corrupted the keyword list when deleting a user preset.
- Fixed a problem that appeared in Digital Performer (and probably other DAWs) in which the reverb tail would stop as soon a playback stopped. Reverb tails now continue after motion stops.
- New presets.
- Considerable under-the-hood work for stability and teensy performance improvements.
PhoenixVerb and R2 are available to purchase for $199 USD and $299 USD respectively. A bundle of both is $449 USD.
More information: Exponential Audio
PSPaudioware has released version 1.1.1 of its PSP 85 delay effect plug-in, which includies the release of AAX versions for Pro Tools.
PSP 85 is the product of our eternal fascination with the endless possibilities offered by variable sample rate delay lines. PSP 85 benefits from aggressive algorithm optimization and adds numerous significant new features while retaining full preset and bank compatibility with our renowned PSP 84 delay.
The plug-in comes with sixty wild and twisted new presets designed to highlight its exciting new attributes, in addition to a supplementary bank containing more ‘bread and butter’ PSP 84 factory programs.
Changes in PSP 85
- New Features:
- AAX version.
- Sidechain input External/Internal switch.
- Bug Fixes:
PSP 85 is available to purchase for $149 USD ex. VAT/sales taxes. This is a free upgrade for current users.
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP 85