HOFA Plugins has released version 2.0 of 4U ProjectTime, a project time measurement tool which now features a revised GUI design and logging functionality.
HOFA 4U ProjectTime starts the time measurement as soon as it gets loaded into a plug-in slot in your DAW (Cubase, Pro Tools, Studio One, Reaper …). The stopped time is saved with the closing of the project. The time measurement resumes by reopening this project.
4U ProjectTime features
- Shows the time which has passed during a DAW project.
- Time measurement in hours, minutes, seconds.
- Pause function.
- Write log to see when you worked on the project.
- Every log entry can be commented.
- Works on Windows and Mac with any DAW.
4U ProjectTime for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available as freeware.
More information: HOFA / 4U ProjectTime
Toontrack has launched EZkeys Electric Grand, a new virtual electric piano instrument for Windows and Mac.
The EZkeys Electric Grand features a Yamaha CP-80 recorded by SampleTekk.
Another landmark piano release is here – the Electric Grand. This EZkeys comes with a carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 – a groundbreaking instrument that was introduced on the market in the late 1970s as a compact, electric option to the regular grand piano.
Since then, it’s become a modern classic, immortalized in chart-topping songs by a wide range of artists spanning across the genres. Even today, some 30 years after its inception and since long out of production, the analog, electric and amplified hybrid sound of the CP-80 keeps playing a key role in modern music.
With the included broad genre mixer presets, the classic, crisp sound will expand beyond the conventions and make this instrument a must in every versatile songwriter’s palette of audio tools.
EZkeys Electric Grand features
- A carefully sampled Yamaha CP-80 electric grand piano.
- Recorded at Studio 9, Sveriges Radio, Sweden through a Music Man amp and a custom-built speaker cabinet using Avalon U5, Dimension D, SELA T25, Coles 4038, Telefunken U47 and Neumann SM69 microphones.
- All sounds are designed to be mix-ready. Just pick a preset and the sound will sit right in your mix!
- Uncompromising dynamic response for great playability.
The EZkeys Electric Grand is available to purchase for $179 USD. Users of other EZkeys products can get new Electric Grand for $89 USD.
More information: Toontrack / EZkeys Electric Grand
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Oct 23, 2013
MOTU has released version 3.2 of MachFive, a sampler instrument for Windows and Mac.
Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you’ll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone into this 3rd-generation release.
From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.
Changes in MachFive v3.2
- Updated UFS soundbank libraries.
- Pro Tools AAX plug-in support for Mac and Windows (for Pro Tools 11 and above).
- Eden-based iLok protection.
- New WahWah Filter effect in MachFive’s Filter category.
- Improved memory efficiency (now uses much less RAM).
- New Verify soundbank integrity feature.
- Improved support for CAF files.
- Start/Stop position markers are now available for IRCAM granular oscillator.
- Many additional enhancements.
MOTU has also released version 8.05 of its Digital Performer audio workstation software with MIDI sequencing.
Digital Performer 8.05 is now shipping and provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. This update is recommended for all DP8 users.
Details on what’s new in version 8.05 can be found here.
More information: MOTU
u-he has announced Diva version 1.3 public beta, featuring a new digital oscillator and Uhbie filter.
Diva’s new (preliminary) interface shows the digital oscillator and Uhbie filter panels.
You might have heard it in the grape vine. We’re looking for detailed feedback on the Digital Osc:
Diva 1.3.0b2 Mac
Diva 1.3.0b2 Win
This version of Diva has a preliminary GUI for the Digital Osc and Uhbie filter. Please do not post screenshots without that disclaimer!
major changes from V1.2.1:
- added Arpeggiator and Clock module
- added Digital Osc (inspired by JP80x0)
- added Uhbie filter (modeled after famous SVF, with exaggerated character)
- ultra fast, multi threaded UI loading
- AAX 32/64 support (PT 10.3.5+ or 11.0.2+)
- tidied up trimmers page
- documentation still 1.2
- ReadMes and some version numbers still 1.2
Check out the video by Sadowick Production, comparing the Diva’s new digital oscillator with Roland’s JP-8080 SuperSaw.
Make sure to report bugs and comments at the u-he forum.
More information: u-he / Diva
Overloud has released version 1.5 of its SpringAge spring reverb simulation for Windows and Mac.
Based on a mixed convolution and algorithmic technology, Overloud SpringAge can give the advantages of the two worlds. If you have never been able to get the real tone and dynamic of a spring reverb out of a plugin, then you need to check it out.
With three spring models, taken from the most standard and acclaimed vintage and modern gears, SpringAge always gives the perfect tone on any kind of instrument, ranging from guitars to vocals, keyboards and synthesizer.
Changes in SpringAge v1.5
- New additional spring model aimed to recreate the ’60s and ’70s old school harmonic tone. It is great for drums and for dub and reggae styles.
- Full preset manager to organize your own presets and share them among different host applications.
The SpringAge plug-in is on sale for 57 EUR / $77 USD. The update is free to SpringAge users.
More information: Overloud / SpringAge