Stillwell Audio has announced the release of version 3 of its instrument and effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Two years in the making, Version 3 means it’s finally time for Pro Tools users to experience the quality of everything we do at Stillwell Audio, and to enjoy the way we do it. Do you use a VST3 host? Ask no more, because now we’ve got you covered as well.
We have a new website (did you notice?) and *tada* please bid welcome to Broadsword, our newest developer. Of course, by ‘Everything’ we mean ‘not quite everything’, because PsychoDither is not quite up to V3 (stand by for that!) and ‘Microshope’ has been discontinued.
More information: Stillwell Audio
HoRNet Plug-Ins has released version 1.1.0 of Magnus, a brickwall limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Magnus is a 2 stages brick-wall limiter, its purpose is to make your tracks the loudest possible.
To achieve this the limiting process is divided in two steps: the first is a clipper, hard or soft, that let you cut away those small peaks that nobody is going to hear, the second is a limiter with a fixed threshold of -0.2dB.
Changes in Magnus v1.1.0
- New fast gain reduction meters with peak hold.
- Output level control.
- Gain readout on clipper and limiter knobs.
- Improved oversampling algorithm.
- Fixes for crashes on some hosts.
Magnus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for 19.99 EUR. The update is free for all the existing owners.
More information: HoRNet Plug-Ins / Magnus
zplane.development has released version 2.1.0 of vielklang, the instant harmony & advanced pitch editing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
vielklang Instant Harmony generates harmonies with 2-4 voices. It is packed with musical intelligence and music theory: it detects the best fitting harmonies for each individual input melody, and automatically synthesizes up to four voices with the voices not merely running in parallel but with their voicings selected to sound most natural (voice leading).
The advanced pitch editing controls (full version only!) give you fast and easy access to pitch, timing, vibrato control, formant shift, and to many more editing options.
Changes in vielklang v2.1.0
- Multi output bug in Sonar [fixed].
- UI bug in Sonar [fixed].
- Cubase7 mac crash [fixed].
- MIDI note off issue when jumping/looping [fixed].
- MIDI output has also been re-engineered.
vielklang for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available for purchase for $149 USD / 100 EUR plus VAT. The upgrade is free of charge for all registered users.
More information: zplane / vielklang
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Jun 11, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a sale on the Cableguys Bundle as part of its partner focus.
The company started in 2007, and has produced a number of clever, unusual and useful audio plugins including Curve, FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake. Press has been good, and from the comfort of their Berlin office, the Cableguys continue to build unique audio software.
For this week only we have the Cableguys Complete Collection or an exclusive 30% off!
Cableguys Bundle features
- Curve 2 is a software synthesizer with an irresistible waveform editor, huge sound library and slick interface. Ideal for both experimentation and detailed tweaking at an excellent sound quality.
- FilterShaper 3 takes a giant leap into unconventional sound design with two powerful filters, freely editable modulation curves, and an immensely flexible modulation framework.
- VolumeShaper 3 is a plugin for shaping and automating the levels of any audio signal. From signature pumping effects to extreme gating, from tempo-synced stutter to precise sample-shaping, VolumeShaper provides a wealth of creative musical effects with a visual approach to volume.
- MidiShaper is powered by Curve’s unique modulations engine, MidiShaper brings Curve’s flexible yet powerful LFOs and envelopes to all your favorite synthesizers and effects.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) at a 30% discount until June 19th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Cableguys Bundle
Toontrack has released updated for its Superior Drummer 2 and EZdrummer 2 virtual drum instruments for Windows and Mac.
Superior Drummer 2
Superior Drummer is the undisputed industry standard, award-winning and complete drum production studio that gives you, the user, full creative control to hone, mold and shape the drum sound of your wildest dreams.
Changes in Superior Drummer v2.4.0
- Support for EZdrummer 2 core sound libraries and future EZXs.
- Support for EZdrummer 2 percussion (available as X-drum from the ‘Producer preset Sounds’ submenu).
- Support for EZdrummer 2 EZX presets.
- New mapping tab highlighting of the articulation currently playing.
- New Velocity Ctrl feature indicating incoming and outgoing velocity.
- New Help menu header that describes version, build, bits and format of the plug-in.
- Busses can now have the same name as existing mic channels (names must still be unique within the same class).
- During bounce each phase is described by the bounced files name rather than the corresponding mic name.
- Special handling of right channel output names for Sonar X series and Ableton Live.
- The X-drum mic assignment window can now be scrolled if required.
- Improved X-mics assignment from and to the special ‘Kit’ mics found in The Classic EZX.
- Additional auto-allocation of X-mics rules to minimize manual assignments.
- Change in the built-in configs for Pop/Rock in line with newly released EZX.
- Updated Yamaha E-drum preset in line with EZdrummer 2.
- AAX version now ignores the Mono All setting (not relevant to ProTools).
- AAX version on Windows should no longer crash if a new instance is created after you have loaded 2GB of sounds already.
- Fix for faulty sends occuring after copying from a mono to stereo channel or after a send has been removed then reinstated.
- Fix for issues when bouncing mute tails and swirls.
- Progress bar during bounce should no longer disappears when the plug-in window is closed and reopened.
- Help Menu link ‘Content Providers’ changed to ‘Expand Superior Drummer’ and points to Superior Line Products page.
EZdrummer 2 takes drum production to a whole new level. It was designed to erase any technical barrier between you and your creativity and introduces several groundbreaking features for quick and easy songwriting.
Changes in EZdrummer v2.01
- The leading instrument is analyzed with higher penalty for instruments with lower priority.
- MIDI learn menus open in better places over sliders.
- When using the amount control with the Latin Percussion EZX results should be more predictable.
- Kicks from the Number 1 Hits EZX can now be loaded in the regular kick drum position.
- Selecting with the lasso at the edges of the Song Track no longer leads to unwanted scrolling.
- After tapping only 1 bar, only 1 bar is displayed in the tap2find area.
- Suggestions can be aborted before the process has completed.
- Edit Play Style changes are now applied upon quantizing.
- After quantizing in Edit Play Style pads are no longer deselected.
- New menu arrow button on the song part labels.
- Crash fix for multi-out routing change when a sample rate other than 44.1K was used.
- EZXs with no sounds in mics declared as Close no longer causes the engine to crash.
- Source files with a block type that cannot be determined should no longer cause a crash.
- Potential crash fix when trying to open database that doesnt exist.
- Occassional crash when switching Sound Library.
- Removing an instrument assigned as Powerhand no longer causes issues.
- On certain systems preview for the percussion pieces was silent.
- Velocity values 1 did not count as hits when using the amount control.
- The engine didn’t apply amount correctly if multiple instruments were selected.
- Intensity in searches was not drawn correctly.
- ‘Show in Browser’ now works with user mount points even if a User Libraries header is present.
- Slashes in file names should be treated more adequately.
- Metronome preview in standalone mode didn’t work.
- Stand alone no longer asks for path every time if PlugPath exist but is invalid.
- When creating a Toontrack account the dialog no longer states that the user should check their mail and verify the account as that is no longer needed.
- The ‘connection failed’ message now properly appears if failing to login to web shop MIDI.
- Other Online midi fixes.
- Some Copy from browser bug fixes.
- Some User MIDI folder fixes.
- Memory leaks should no longer occur.
The updates are now available for registered Superior Drummer and EZdrummer customers.
More information: Toontrack
Cableguys has announced updates for all its instrument and effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
We’ve just updated all our products. The new versions contain UI fixes and — more importantly — fix a crash bug for Curve’s, FilterShaper’s and WaveShaper CM’s intern MIDI automation.
Download the new versions of Curve, FilterShaper, VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake right from our website.
You can get Curve 2 CM and WaveShaper CM for free with Computer Music Magazine and Curve 2 BE for free with the German Beat Magazine. If you already own them, simply click the “Check for updates” link within the plugins.
More information: Cableguys
Sonimus has announced version 1.1 of Britson, adding support for Channel and Bus Grouping to the console effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Instances can now be “grouped,” creating the possibility of affecting all instances by making changes to just one.
Groups can be named. For example, you may choose to group all drum channels and buses into a group named “Drums.” This group can then be controlled from Master instance.
From the Master Instance, Saturation and FAT mode may be toggled on/off and TRIM may be controlled for input. Trim control may be applied to channels, buses, or both.
Changes in Britson v1.1
- Several minor bug fixes.
- Fixed VU Meter Related issue with some DAWs.
- Added grouping.
Briston for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $39 USD.
More information: Sonimus / Britson