Ample Sound has updated its Ample Guitar plug-ins AGM, AGT and AGL to v1.5.5 and AGML to v1.2.0.
Changes in Ample Guitar plugins
- Redesigned setting panel with a lot of more features, including:
- Added MIDI output. Any tab or strum pattern can be converted to MIDI, or play other guitar libraries with Ample Guitar Strummer. Users need to turn this feature on in setting.
- Added master tune. Users now can tune alternatively other than 440Hz.
- Added max. voices control. Voices will be limited if the number is beyond maximum.
- Added low performance option to save CPU load tremendously.
- Added monitoring the number of playing voices and memory in real time.
- Redesigned transpose in strum mode. Users now can use automate or MIDI CC to control transpose in real time. users also can transpose user type chords with it.
- Added a tab feature which can convert a measure of tab to strum pattern.
- Tab path now can be saved in project separately.
- Ctrl + click now is set up for knobs and buttons to return to default value instead of shift + click.
The updates are free of charge for existing Ample Guitar users. The electric guitar plugins will also receive the updated features in the near future.
More information: Ample Sound
Waves has launched WLM Plus Loudness Meter, a plugin that provides precision loudness measurement, metering, correction and adjustment tools for broadcast, movie trailers, games, packaged media and more.
Fully compliant with all current ITU, EBU and ATSC specifications, the WLM Plus offers comprehensive Momentary, Short Term, Long Term and True Peak readouts, as well as a unique warning and logging system that keeps track of your levels, alerting you when you’ve exceeded them – or fallen short.
WLM Plus also features Gain and Trim controls for correction of loudness levels and a True Peak Limiter, which save you the need to utilize additional equipment or software. Ideal for content creators, post production houses and cable head-end facilities, WLM Plus is an affordable, all-in-one cross-platform, multi-format loudness metering software solution.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter features
- ITU 1770-3, EBU and ATSC compliant.
- Foreground, dialog, and average loudness measurements.
- Momentary, Short Term and Long Term readouts.
- Gain and Trim controls for loudness normalization and correction.
- True Peak meter and True Peak limiter.
- Mono, stereo, and 5.0, 5.1 components.
WLM Plus Loudness Meter is available to purchase for $400 USD (Native) / $600 USD (Soundgrid).
More information: Waves / WLM Plus Loudness Meter
, instrument plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Dec 30, 2013
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time sale on Liquid Rhythm, offering a 50% discount on the beat generation software by WaveDNA for Windows and Mac.
Liquid Rhythm is an innovative beat generator that enables users to access the building blocks of ten quadrillion rhythmic patterns, import pre-existing MIDI tracks created using their DAW of choice, and mine Liquid Rhythm’s library of loops and kits to quickly create inspiring rhythm tracks.
Liquid Rhythm features
- Develop musical ideas by instantly inserting and swapping bar-long rhythm patterns.
- Create beats fast by painting groups of notes directly onto the arranger.
- Humanize the velocity and groove of multiple notes simultaneously based on their underlying color-patterns.
- Generate musically-informed rhythm patterns from a customizable palette.
- Create tom fills and multi-instrument percussion patterns.
- Integrate Liquid Rhythm into your workflow as VST, AU or RTAS plugin.
Liquid Rhythm is available to purchase from Plugin Boutique for $59.50 USD (regular $119 USD). The sale ends December 30th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Liquid Rhythm
PSPaudioware has announced the release of the PSP X-Dither, a mastering dither and noise shaping processor plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is designed to cover wide range of situations when high-quality dithering or noise shaping is the way to maintain the quality of an original mix, group or individual track during various stages of the recording and mastering process, including final digital mastering.
PSP X-Dither is available to purchase for the introductory price of $69 USD until January 2nd, 2014 (regular $89 USD). Prices excl. VAT.
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP X-Dither
, effect plugins
, Ohm Force
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in promo
on Dec 27, 2013
Plugin Boutique has launched a 24-hour sale on OhmBoyz, offering a 50% discount on the delay effect plug-in by Ohm Force.
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it’s just the highly acclaimed OhmBoyz, a delay unit that starts with 4 pre-delays, each offering independent sync, level and pan controls.
This then feeds into 2 more delay units with a bunch of features associated with each: again, tempo sync, level and pan controls, but also a couple of rather well-endowed filters consisting of peak, low-pass, high-pass, bandpass and a resonance control.
OhmBoyz is available to purchase at 50% off on December 27th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / OhmBoyz
Boz Digital Labs has introduced Mono Bass, an effect plug-in that collapses low frequencies to mono.
Having a nice wide stereo spread is great, expect for when we are talking about low frequencies. Mono Bass fixes the wide bass problem by collapsing your low frequencies to mono to prevent that odd, head-turning wide bass issue. Just set your frequency, and everything below that is brought to the center.
Most of the time the effect is quite subtle (or at least it should be if your mix isn’t completely out of wack) but it definitely solidifies the low end and fixes a lot of the awkwardness of extreme panning on headphones.
Just for added measure, BDL added a width knob to the higher frequencies, making a great stereo widener without “weirdifying” the low end.
Mono Bass for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to download at no cost until January 1st, 2014 (regular $25 USD).
More information: Boz Digital Labs / Mono Bass
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in promo
on Dec 23, 2013
Plugin Boutique has a launched a 24-hour sale on Bloom, the delay effect plug-in by FXpansion.
FXpansion is proud to present Bloom, a creative delay effect with additional diffusion network and effects with flexible routing.
Its advanced TransMod modulation lets you automate parameters to create an amazing array of creative effects.
- Creative delay and diffusion effect plugin.
- Digital, Analogue BBD and Tape emulations.
- Syncable, reverse, ping-pong and freeze delay modes.
- Diffusion reverb, additional effects, EQ, drive and saturation.
- Flexible routing for processing blocks.
- 2x oversampling with 4x Hi Def mode for extremely high quality.
- TransMod modulation with step-sequencers, LFOs and more#.
- Comprehensive MIDI control.
- 32-bit and 64-bit support.
- VST, AU and RTAS plugin formats on Windows 7 or higher / Mac OSX 10.6.2 or higher.
Bloom is available to purchase at a 30% discount from Plugin Boutique on December 23rd, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / FXpansion Bloom
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.1 of PatchWork, the “universal plug-ins patchbay” plug-in that can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW).
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork it is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently.
This new version mainly brings sub plug-in automation support thanks to new parameter mapping features, phase flip and gain compensation for parallel chains, a few compatibility improvements and many more enhancements (details below): It is now possible to map hosted plug-ins’ parameters to external parameters that can be controlled by host automation or external control surfaces.
Changes in Blue Cat’s PatchWork v1.1
- New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a “learn” mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Usual Blue Cat Audio plug-ins’ advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- In some hosts, when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- Fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically (“Reson” for example).
- Fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
- Some plug-ins that required the deprecated “effIdle” VST message should now work properly (Steinberg’s Virtual Guitarist for example).
Blue Cat’s PatchWork for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for 47 EUR / $63 USD until December 31st, 2013 (regular 59 EUR / $79 USD).
More information: Blue Cat Audio / PatchWork