iZotope has released version 1.01 of its BreakTweaker “future beat machine” for Windows and Mac.
Designed by BT and developed by iZotope, BreakTweaker is not just a drum machine: it’s a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that blurs the line between rhythm and melody.
Give your beats an ever-evolving depth that gets better the longer they play. Use rhythmic slicing to drive everything from pitched melodic lines to sweeping rhythmic overtures. Top it all off with the best drum sample library in existence, curated by BT, iZotope, and top producers today.
Changes in BreakTweaker v1.01
- Enhancement: Tab key now switches between Sequencer and Generator view.
- Enhancement: Preset Browser and Sample Browser have been increased in size for better user experience.
- Enhancement: Trackpad scrolling within the Preset Browser and Sample Browser is now faster.
- Enhancement: Modulation knob has been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Enhancement: Distortions have been optimized for better CPU performance.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with Sample & Hold mode in the LFO.
- Fix: Addressed an issue with AAX host timing.
- Fix: Addressed an issue where an LFO applied to a Wavetable or Pitch could cause a crash.
BreakTweaker is available to purchase for $249 USD.
More information: iZotope / BreakTweaker
Posted in news
on Mar 05, 2014 - 0 comments
WaveDNA has released version 1.3.2 of its Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro beat making software.
Liquid Rhythm now allows drag and drop of MIDI to your DAW or desktop.
The latest update includes a number of bug fixes and improvements, and the new ability to drag and drop MIDI arrangements out of Liquid Rhythm and either into any MIDI-capable DAW or onto the desktop. WaveDNA is also improving MIDI scripting support for the Ableton Push controller within the Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive bridge. The release features a beta version of that implementation.
Note: To use the MaxForLive Clips plugin in Ableton Live 9, update you Max to version 6.1.6 before installing Liquid Rhythm (Max must be installed first).
Changes in Liquid Rhythm v1.3.2
- New features:
- Drag & Drop MIDI from Liquid Rhythm (standalone or plugin-VST/AU/RTAS) into your favourite Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) (Click and drag on the dotted square in the transport. Right-click on it to adjust preferences for the drag and drop).
- Choose a BeatForm directly using dropdown menus for each beat under the dials in the BeatForm Tumbler.
- Improvements and updates:
- Liquid Rhythm’s MaxForLive Clips patch has been redone to show a button that opens up the main window.
- Ability to audition the individual elements of a kit when right clicked on the kit within the library.
- Standalone mode has a new option, that when moving the loop region, confines the playhead to it.
- Consolidated installer for all plugin modes. (Note: In the installer for Mac, the MaxForLive Clips plugin indicates that it’s 0 bytes in size. This is normal.)
- Silent instruments (instruments without samples) will now send MIDI notes in plugin and standalone mode. (Useful for connecting another MIDI device to Liquid Rhythm to use as a controller.)
- Mute/Solo changes in an Ableton Live drum rack are now automatically updated in Liquid Rhythm.
- Performance improvements when selecting regions in the arranger.
- Walkthrough would sometimes crash when attempting to access a part of the Liquid Rhythm window that was not visible.
- Changing the colour of multiple tracks and pressing undo wouldn’t revert the colour changes.
- BeatForm Mute toggle on Medium and Weak wouldn’t toggle.
- When selecting a clip in Live, the first instrument track in Liquid Rhythm wouldn’t be selected by default; instead it would have the ‘focused region’ indicator, with some other track selected.
- Mouse Wheel now consistently scrolls horizontally across the molecule tools panel. If you need to scroll vertically in a sub-panel, hold down Alt or Option key with the mouse wheel.
- On some setups, the audio engine would sometimes cause an error on startup (it would access memory when it wasn’t ready).
- MIDI Export Wizard and Audio Export Wizard would sometimes appear behind the application, and appear like the system is hung. Now forcing it to appear in front.
- Downloading a new kit with standalone or plugin would cause a crash when simultaneously using the library.
- If the ‘welcome to Liquid Rhythm’ window was closed, the menu bars would remain disabled in MaxForLive Liquid Clips mode.
- Moving the loop region very quickly in clip mode would cause the loop region to grow.
- Bug in destructive record fixed, where recording in destructive mode and changing in the arranger with the mouse at the same time would cause a crash.
- BeatWeaver would disable in note edit mode when selecting a note even though there is region focus.
- Windows XP now installs Liquid Rhythm MaxForLive mode automatically.
- Accent Modifier note highlights would sometimes get stuck on-screen if you press the escape key.
- BarForm Family in-place dropdown menu in the arranger wasn’t working.
- Beta features:
- Continuing improvements to the Push.
- Visual display of the active locations in the track.
- Added support for the BeatForm Tumblers.
- Users can now select the instruments to edit by switching to ‘Ableton control mode’ on the Push and tapping the appropriate instrument button on the drum pads (bottom left quadrant of Push buttons), and then switching back to ‘User mode’.
- Ability to enter ‘Ableton control mode’ without having to deactivate ‘User mode’ first.
- Command Dialer allows customizing the buttons on the Arrange page.
- Various performance and stability improvements.
Liquid Rhythm for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $129 USD; Liquid Rhythm Intro is $49 USD.
More information: WaveDNA
KV331 Audio has announced the release of its SynthMaster Player and SynthMaster Player Free synthesizer instruments for Windows and Mac.
SynthMaster Player is a simplified version of SynthMaster targeted at musicians who use presets rather than create their own during music production.
SynthMaster Player features
- Includes 600 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library.
- Allows editing of 12 easy parameters, assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Turn on/off effects assigned by the sound designer for each preset.
- Purchase and use preset banks released by KV331 Audio.
SynthMaster Player is for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS, AAX support coming soon) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $19 USD until April 1st, 2014 (regular $29 USD). SynthMaster Player Free comes with 150 presets selected from SynthMaster’s factory library. The free player is available for download at KV331 Audio.
More information: KV331 Audio
Waves has launched MetaFilter, a filter effect plug-in in Native formats.
Designed around a multimode filter with extensive modulation options and powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology, Waves MetaFilter has everything you need in a sound-shaping filter plugin. The versatile MetaFilter creative effects unit provides all the warmth, depth and fatness of classic analog filters, along with the modern control and endless flexibility distinctive of Waves tools.
MetaFilter lets you individually modulate the filter’s cutoff, resonance and delay time using three separate modulators – a 16-step sequencer, an LFO, and an envelope follower with a sidechaining option – making it easy to achieve effects such as filter sweeping, tremolo, auto wah, rhythmic gating, ducking, and hypnotic modulating delays with saturation buildups.
- Three separate modulators: 16-step sequencer, LFO, and envelope follower with sidechaining option.
- Fat analog sound quality.
- Intuitive MIDI Learn.
- Fully modulatable analog delay.
- Powered by Virtual Voltage technology.
- Endless sound-shaping possibilities.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced at the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $200 USD).
More information: Waves / MetaFilter
Cableguys has updated all of its instrument and effect plug-ins, including Beat Edition and Computer Music editions.
The update includes a new version of the Curve 2 synthesizer instrument.
All our plugins now feature multi-selection of waveform points via ALT-click, to move, scale, mirror or delete multiple points at once — for even more comfortable and faster waveform editing.
And we’ve updated all of them to the latest Cableguys codebase, bringing small bug fixes, a reduced CPU usage and smoother UI control.
The new versions are now available to download (demos also updated). PanCake 2 is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS).
More information: Cableguys
VirSyn has announced the release of a 64-bit AU version of its CUBE resynthesizer instrument.
We are happy to announce the release of a native 64 bit Mac OS X AudioUnit version for the legendary Spectral Morphing Resynthesizer CUBE.
“With Cube, VirSyn brings a whole new approach to additive synthesis. In the past, the shear number of variables necessary to do additive effectively have made it cumbersome and not very practical. Cube’s innovative interface and capabilities make it expressive, powerful, and fun to use.”
Celebrating the 64 bit release you can also benefit from our winter special offer for most of our products. This is the first release in a series of new 64 bit versions of our instrument line. Expect 64-bit versions of all instruments on Mac and PC in the next months. This will also include VST3 and AAX compatible plugins.
CUBE is available to purchase for 99 EUR during VirSyn’s Winter Sale, which ends March 31st, 2014.
More information: VirSyn / CUBE
Elephant Development Software has announced availability of its Temptress, a plug-in providing inspiration and modern musical production elements within a powerful virtual instrument.
Temptress is a new concept for songwriting and productions. Unsurprisingly, Elephant Development Software assembled a team of top songwriters and producers to create contemporary musical content while simultaneously expertly engineering an exciting new way to integrate chord progressions and musical phrases into user’s productions in any key and at any tempo they choose (using an innovative industry-leading pitch shift and time-stretch engine) — all in realtime, locked to the host sequencer!
Temptress is both a blast and a breeze to use. The simple yet powerful browser in the Temptress plug-in window provides previews of the diverse musical content in its ever-expanding library — all but a click away. Whether pop, rock, dance, hip-hop, or country floats your musical boat, the huge (over 3GB) TEMPTRESS CORE library’s hundreds of cues have got you covered. Future libraries will provide cues in ever-expanding genres and will even work in conjunction with previous libraries to
expand their creative possibilities. Feel free to utilise the plug-in’s already awesome-sounding audio elements or the actual MIDI data used to create the cues. The choice is yours. Either way, simply drag-and-drop directly from Temptress to tracks in the host DAW to have stunning-sounding musical phrases immediately available at your fingertips. It’s surely simplicity itself.
- Huge Core Library (over 3GB comprising hundreds of cues) with more expansions coming all the time.
- Musical cues covering popular music styles, including pop, rock, dance, hip-hop and country.
- Ability to audition and use cues at any key, tempo or time signature utilizing a fantastic industry-leading pitch shift and time-stretch engine.
- Musical cues created by renowned producers and programmers using the latest and most popular synths and sound banks.
- Ability to drag-and-drop audio and midi clips from plug-in window directly to your DAW’s tracks.
- Cues can be sorted by style, tempo, key or time signature and auditioned in real-time, locked to your sequencer.
- Compatible with DAWs and sequencers that support VST, AU, or RTAS plugins.
- Inspiration at your fingertips.
Temptress is available to purchase for $149 USD.
More information: Temptress
Flux has announced the release of version 3.0 of its Pure Series Dynamics Tools, comprising the Pure Compressor, Expander, DCompressor, and DExpander, which now all support 64-bit and AAX Native/DSP.
In addition, the following bundles are now also available in 64-bit and AAX: Elemental Pack, Pure Pack and Recording Pack, and can from now on be used on all major native platforms (AU/VST/AAX Native) in both 32- and 64-bit, as well as on the AVID HD-X AAX DSP platform with ProTools 11 in 64-bit.
For all current owners of any of these plug-ins, the upgrade to the v3 builds with 64-bit and AAX Native, is free of charge, all that’s needed is to download the v3 installers from the download page.
If you want to try any of the mentioned tools, go to the download page and request a trial licence (iLok or Flux:: dongle required)
The Pure Series plugins and bundles are now available to purchase at a 30% discount.
More information: Flux:: sound and picture development