Saltline has announced the release of Liść-step, a step sequencer/LFO controlled state variable filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Liść-step is a simple state variable filter. The cutoff frequency can be controlled in 2 ways, via the 16 step sequencer or low frequency oscillator. Liść-step allows the user to quickly create modulated filter patterns with ease.
Liść-step is the first effect plug-in in Saltline’s Drzewo series of plug-ins.
- State variable filter
- Low pass, High pass, Band pass, Band reject.
- Frequency cut off.
- Step sequencer (output to filter frequency).
- 16 step sequencer.
- Sequencer rate.
- Step amount.
- Sequence direction (forwards, backwards, back and forth 1 and 2).
- Glide amount.
- Amount to cut off.
- Low frequency oscillator (ouput to filter frequency).
- 5 waveforms (sine, saw, ramp, triangle, square).
- Square waveform width (pulse).
- LFO rate (free or sync to host).
- Wave position.
- Amount to cut off.
Liść-step is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Saltline / Liść-step
Saltline has announced the release of Brzoza, a free Drzewo series synthesizer instrument plug-in for Windows.
The Drzewo Brzoza 2-OP synthesizer instrument by Saltline.
Brzoza is a 2 operator FM synthesizer. Each operator has 3 modulators.
It is designed to create a wide range of sounds from simple leads and bass patches to more complex evolving textures.
Brzoza for Windows (VST) is available to download as freeware.
More information: Saltline / Brzoza
Saltline has released Świerk, a free synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Świerk is a simple VA subtractive synthesizer. It’s layout and signal path allows the user to create sounds quickly and with ease.
Świerk is available to download as a freeware VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
More information: Saltline / Świerk
Saltline has announced the upcoming Świerk subtractive synthesizer instrument.
Świerk is the first in a series of freeware VST instruments. The saltline “drzewo” series will consist of a collection of simple, free, no nonsense sound creation and manipulation tools.
Świerk will mark the launch of the drzewo series of free plugins.
Saltline is currently updating its website and plugins. Make sure to sign up for the newsletter to stay informed.
More information: Saltline
, ndc Plugs
Posted in news
on Jun 23, 2010 - 0 comments
FreePlayer Ltd. has announced that FreePlayer is now available to pre-order.
FreePlayer, which allows guitarists to control effects by motion and touch, consists of a hardware attachment for the guitar and a software application that hosts VST plug-ins and controls MIDI devices. A Windows version is offered initially, with other operating systems to follow.
The first models to be made available are:
- FreePlayer Pro for Les Paul guitars – pre-order price €299 (normal price €399) – contains a complete set of FreePlayer sensors in an ‘easy-fit-kit’ pickguard:
- 38x48mm Touchpad (responds smoothly to a pick or a fingernail)
- 3-Axis Motion Sensor (Responds to motion up to 3G – Shock-proof to 10,000G!)
- Flexible Light Sensor (Detects light changes in 1000 smooth increments)
- Tactile button array (Five buttons individually shaped for recognition by touch.
- FreePlayer Express – pre-order price €149 (normal price €199) – a universal kit that attaches to most guitars or basses with a simple adhesive pad (included). With a 3-axis Motion Sensor and Tactile Button array, it’s all you need to get up and running!
- FreePlayer Express Plus – pre-order price €199 (normal price €249) – all the benefits of FreePlayer Express, with an additional Flexible Light Sensor.
Each FreePlayer unit comes with a USB cable, the FreePlayer software, and is bundled with these VST plug-ins:
- Saltline Audio Solutions: Bachelard, ‘Son of a Pitch’ and Cadence.
- Voxengo: Voxengo Boogex.
- MeldaProduction MFreeVSTBundle: includes MCompressor, MEqualiser, MPhaser, MRingModulator, MFlanger, MTremolo, MVibrato, and many others.
- NDC’s Open source VST plugins: Fragmental, and the wonderfully named Reversinator.
- FrettedSynthAudio: FreeAmp3.
Users will be able to download more VSTs and sounds from the FreePlayer SoundStore, including Saltline Audio Solution’s previously announced range of plug-ins developed specifically for FreePlayer.
Customers Pre-ordering FreePlayer between now and the product release (expected end of July) receive a discount of up to €100 – with deposit of just €50.
More information: FreePlayer
Saltline has released version 2 of Ichi, a free virtual analog synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
Completely rebuilt, Ichi has evolved into a powerful addition to any plugin collection.
Newcomers to synthesis will find the layout mirrors the signal path for easy navigation and a clear understanding of how to manipulate Ichi’s sound.
Patches can be created quickly for stock, bread and butter sounds. That’s not to say that you can’t dig deeper into this humble instrument, featuring multiple modulation sources and 24 destinations, the sonic possibilities are endless. Ichi’s oscillator layout will be echoed throughout saltline’s future, synthesis based, instruments allowing the user to understand clearly what their parameter tweaking will effect.
Overall, Ichi is great for performing day to day sound tasks whilst still giving the user instant access to interesting tones and timbres.
Ichi 2 is available to download as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
More information: Saltline / Ichi
Saltline has released version 1.1 of Ichi, a freeware analog/subtractive synthesizer VST instrument for Windows PC.
A simple VA synth, Ichi features two, identical, sound creators. It is excellent for gettings sounds up and running quickly. It’s simplicity shouldn’t shadow the fast that it can produce a wide range of sounds from pads, to basses and crazy ‘Alien’ effects. An ideal synth for a beginner to get their head around and start creating some noises.
Changes in Ichi v1.1
- Amount controls for each of the six envelope generators.
- Chorus effect.
- Slight change to the GUI due to the extra features.
Ichi is available as a freeware VST instrument for Windows PC.
Visit Saltline for more information.