Sample Magic has launched Berlin Techno, a new White Label series sample pack.
An imposing collection of pounding drums, throbbing basslines and ominous synths, Berlin Techno draws influence from techno Mecca Berghain to deliver 420MB of deep and driving techno tools.
Berlin Techno features
- 113 drum loops: Big-room drum workouts that are pummelling and cavernous in equal measure.
- 31 tops loops: Shuddering and juddering kick-free rhythms bristling with sharp hats, gritty claps, dirty snares and reverb-soaked percussion. Serious beat-building ammo.
- 39 bass loops: Ominous and evil: bruising basses dripping with analogue filth.
- 60 music loops: Portentous and powerful trackstarters offered with with three variant mixes for total arrangement control.
- 43 synth loops: From the dark and driving to the deep and devious: 43 rough and ready melodic synth workouts charged with raw energy.
- 25 atmosphere loops: Foghorn synths, static hisses and voluminous textures to bury in the mix.
- 18 FX one-shots: Dark drones and synthetic stabs sculpted for maximum build and break impact.
- 82 one shots: Fine selection of analogue-derived kicks, claps, snares, percussions and synth shots ready to load into your sampler of choice.
- All loops are tempo-synced at 128bpm and key-labeled where applicable.
The sample pack costs £16.90 GBP. Individual Click+Mix packs are also sold separately.
More information: Sample Magic / Berlin Techno
, Paul White
, Sample Magic
, Sound On Sound
, tips and tricks
Posted in news
on Nov 05, 2013
Sample Magic has announced a fully interactive iPad Edition of Paul White’s Producer’s Manual, an essential recording and production resource.
First published in 2011, Sound On Sound editor-in-chief Paul White’s Producer’s Manual became an instant best-seller.
Now the team behind the book present this all-new and expanded iPad edition featuring all of the original content across 320+ immersive pages alongside over an hour’s worth of video walkthroughs direct from Paul’s studio, fully enlargeable photos, diagrams and an expansive glossary.
Every paragraph from the original book has been ported into this beautiful looking, easy to use app, a scrollable reference manual that covers all aspects of recording and production music, including:
- all you need to get great recordings, from vocals and drums to guitars and bands,
- in-depth guides to dynamics, reverb, studio acoustics, monitoring and more,
- taking your mix to the next level. Essential jargon-free theory backed by practical insights on everything from EQ through mixdown approaches to classic hardware, and
- how to master your own material when the budget doesn’t stretch to professional mastering.
The Producer’s Manual iPad Edition is available to download for £14.90 GBP from Apple Store.
More information: Sample Magic / Producer’s Manual iPad Edition
Sample Magic has launched EDM, a sample library featuring supersized sounds for EDM anthems.
Sample Magic returns to the fore with the definitive EDM sample collection, expertly crafted to soundtrack the biggest festivals, arenas and clubs worldwide.
Weighing in at almost 1GB of industry-standard 24-bit Wav loops and one-shots, EDM joins the dots between house, electro and progressive to devastating dancefloor effect.
Setting a new standard in musicality, flexibility and sonic fidelity, EDM comes bursting with superlative anthem-building tools: pristine and punchy beats, complex melodic songstarters, brazen basslines, sizzling synth hooks, XXL builds and fills, towering FX and 400 huge drum one-shots.
- 577 Wav loops (24-bit).
- 401 Wav one-shots (24-bit).
- 546 Apple Loops.
- 546 Rex2 Loops.
- Sampler formats for EXS24, Kontakt, NN-XT and Ableton Drum Rack (Live 9.0 and higher).
- 6-page digital booklet including EDM production tips.
The sample pack costs £34.90 GBP. Individual Click+Mix packs are sold separately.
More information: Sample Magic / EDM
Sample Magic has announced the release of Live Hi-Hats Vol 2, a collection of shuffling live hi-hat loops for any genre.
Superlative second volume of groove-laden 100% live hi-hat lines expertly played recorded to add the irrepressible energy of live drumming to programmed beats – whatever your genre.
Regardless of genre, dance music is all about the groove. But adding that elusive groove isn’t always easy. Mimicking the subtleties of a real drummer in programmed beats can be a painstaking process. But with much of the groove being locked into the hi-hat patterns, dropping in a live hi-hat loop can transform a rigid beat in to a dynamic groove.
And here we serve up 101 of these precision-cut and tempo-labeled loops from one of the world’s top session drummers. Designed for total pan-genre appeal, these killer lines will appeal to producers across the dance music spectrum, whether it’s house or disco, chillout or drum ‘n’ bass, dubstep, hip-hop or beyond – with loops ranging from 100 through to 174bpm.
The sample pack costs £14.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Live Hi-Hats Vol 2
Sample Magic has announced Glitch Hop, a new White Label series sample pack featuring digi-funk bass, chopped-up beats and futuristic FX.
Fusing the underground sounds of dubstep, hip hop and IDM, Glitch Hop delivers 550MB+ of futuristic beats, bass and glitched elements artfully designed with cutting-edge tools and techniques.
Packed with dubstep-indebted drums, gnarly basslines, unorthodox synths and contorted music loops, plus 180+ drum hits, synth and bass shots, Glitch Hop is bursting with glitched and twisted tools for glitch hop, dubstep and hip hop productions.
The sample pack costs £16.90 GBP. Individual Click+Mix packs are also available.
More information: Sample Magic / Glitch Hop
Sample Magic has announced the release of MIDI Elements: Chillwave Drums, a collection of 80s-infused grooves for chilled productions.
101 flouro-tinged beats for chillwave and downtempo productions delivered in MIDI format and supplemented with 100+ analogue flavoured drum hits.
Fusing the best synth pop, chillout and ambient electronica, these unique MIDI beats and expertly crafted and re-sampled drum hits deliver instant beatmaking inspiration.
Each drum hit has been loving processed and re-sampled through a selection of classic machines – including the Akai MPC60 and MPC1000 – for the genre’s trademark lo-fi vibe.
Each MIDI drum loop is mapped to general MIDI: simply load up one of the 11 bundled drum kits to complete the beat. Each kit comes in Battery, Kontakt, Kong and Ableton Drum Racks format and contain at least 12 all-new hits per kit.
The MIDI pack costs £12.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / MIDI Elements: Chillwave Drums
Sample Magic has announced Slo-Mo House, a new White Label series sample pack featuring sounds for loose, laid-back house music.
Merging deep house and downtempo grooves with a mass of lush instrumentation and melodic flair, Slo-Mo House serves up 600MB of organic-infused loops and hits chilled house productions.
Containing folders at 110 and 115bpm, Slo-Mo House draws influence from the likes of Freerange Records, Buzzin’ Fly and Permanent Vacation to deliver deep, melodic and emotive tools for downtempo house productions.
Slo-Mo House features
- 438 loops in 24-bit Wav, APple Loops and REX formats.
- 155 one-shots in 24-bit Wav.
- Sampler formats for Kontakt, EXS24, NN-XT and Ableton Drum Rack.
The sample library costs £16.90 GBP. Individual parts are sold as Click+Mix packs.
More information: Sample Magic / Slo-Mo House
Sample Magic has announced the release of MIDI Elements: Jackin’ Drums, a collection of 101 MIDI beats.
MIDI Elements: Jackin’ Drums transports us back to the bumpin’ 90s heyday with 101 raw, jackin’ old school beats inspired by the best of old school house and garage, served up in fully-flexible MIDI format and bundled 120+ all-new analogue drum hits.
Each MIDI drum workout is mapped to general MIDI for instant drag and drop action in your DAW. Simply load up one of the 10 drum kits included in the pack or select your own hits to work the groove.
The MIDI pack costs £12.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / MIDI Elements: Jackin’ Drums