, Beat Magazine
, Developer Challenge
, instrument plugins
, sample player
, Synapse Audio
Posted in news
on Nov 09, 2012 - 0 comments
Beat has announced the Beat Black Mamba free sampler player instrument, an entry in the KVR Developer Challenge 2012.
Beat Black Mamba is a powerful bass library. It’s based on the Beat Zampler, developed by Synapse Audio for Beat magazine and thus can load sfz files.
Black Mamba includes a bass sfz sound library and new Zampler skin.
Beat Black Mamba features
- Sample oscillators with SFZ support.
- Multi-mode filter.
- Three LFOs.
- Three ADSR envelopes.
- Complex modulation matrix.
- Arpeggiator / step sequencer.
- Effect section with overdrive, equalizer, phaser, chorus, delay and reverb.
- Free demo soundbank.
- Additional soundsets available on the Beat magazine DVDs.
- Easy to use.
- Low CPU usage.
- For Win & OS X.
The Beat Black Mamba is a free download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Beat Black Mamba
Xoxos has announced the release of Element, a free sampler/sample player instrument for Windows.
Xoxos Element sample player with dark skin (click image for light skin).
not really a sampler oc, it’s a wav player, but people often call them samplers..
loads one sample, does some loop modulation stuff, prolly more or less the same as samplers like this (eg. helios). loads 8 and 16 bit mono or stereo wavs.. and not in a fancy way, though it loads all the samples i’ve got. this was produced because i released some open source modules for synthedit to help people develop wav players.. i figured i ought to wrap one as a vst.
- Wrap mode looping (‘normal looping’) with crossfade.
- Bounce mode looping (forward-reverse).
- Two crossfade modes: fixed time (up to 1s) or loop relative (up to entire length of loop).
- 4 interpolation modes: floor (‘none’), linear, cubic and hermite.
- Emulated downsampling.
- Loop position can modulate filter cutoff.
- Filter modes (low, band, high, cut, peak in moog, svf or biquad).
- Curveable envelopes.
- Modulating start/end (loop or otherwise) reverses playback if end is lower than start.
- 8 voices poly.
The plug-in is available to download at no cost at http://www.xoxos.net/vst/element.zip (Windows VST).
More information: Xoxos (KVR Audio)
Image-Line has updated its FPC for FL Studio to version 184.108.40.206.
FPC (Fruity Pad Controller) is a software plugin similar to the hardware Akai MPC™ unit, coded & optimized for the FL Studio platform.
FPC is a self-contained multi-layer/velocity drum machine that makes it easy to create, edit and swap drum kits on the fly. FPC supports 16 multi-layered patches for banks A and B.
We recently made some urgent updates to FPC that fix a number of bugs causing crashes under FL Studio 10.0.9.
Changes in FPC v220.127.116.11
- Fixed: pad preset export doesn’t set file extension.
- Fixed: pad preset selection results in error on deletion.
- Fixed: pad preset default folders didn’t exist (updated paths.dat).
- Fixed crash after clicking “Save entire kit as pad presets”.
- Fixed crash dropping samples on pad that was already playing.
- Fixed freeze when changing midi presets.
Registered FL Studio users can get the FPC update at the Looptalk forum.
More information: Image-Line
Serato has updated its ITCH dj software to version 2.1.
The latest version features enhancements and bug fixes for all Serato ITCH users with 2.1 offering improved stability and increased performance.
2.1 continues Serato’s commitment to providing the best possible software for people who love music.
Changes in ITCH 2.1
- New Features
- SP-6 Hardware control.
- Simple Sync mode added for two deck controllers.
- Smart Sync pitch behavior changes.
- General Bug Fixes
- Fix for crash on relocate lost files.
- Fix for hang when switching banks on the SP6.
- Fixed bug which could cause pitch to jump suddenly after loading a new track over a sync’d track and moving the pitch slider. Only occurs if there is only a single sync’d deck.
- Fixed SP6 pitch sliders not working correctly.
- Fixed ctrl-click on the SP6 pitch slider jumping to the wrong value.
- Fix for Reverse not working when in Relative Pitch after turning off Sync.
- Hot Cueing while in armed sync now switches to Auto-Tempo so that the sync’d pitch is used.
- Fix for SP6 not loading the play mode preference as Sync in some cases (randomly).
- Fix for SP6 pitch resetting when loading the same track to the deck of the same number.
- SP6 Trigger Mode now working for the Denon HC5000.
- Fixed Denon HC5000 displaying the wrong pitch when in relative pitch and not updating.
- Fix for pitch jumping if a doubled-slaved track was nudged into tempo mode.
- Sync should no longer be turned off when a track is loaded on a paused or empty deck.
- Fix for armed auto-tempo not jumping to correct tempo when using cue or temp cue (which can cause a jump if you then push play).
- Empty Crates are no longer deleted.
- Fixed a bug where Crates could get incorrectly deleted.
- Fix for edit box not displaying highlighted text when using ctrl-a to select all.
- Fix for focus incorrectly shifting to the crates list after editing multiple tags.
- Fixed bug where Sync would not turn off when loading a track with no bpm and beat grid.
- Fixed several bugs where playing a track with sync could keep doubling the track’s pitch.
- Fixed for possible incorrect BPM when using doubled/half BPMs in smart sync mode.
More details (including changes for specific hardware) here. The ITCH 2.1 update is now available to download at no cost.
More information: Serato / ITCH
Ueberschall has announced the release of a new Free Elastik Soundbank, a collection of 400 MB of high professional Ueberschall content as a free download.
The “Free Elastik Soundbank” from eleven different Ueberschall Libraries. All produced with the authentic style in mind and of course with the genuine Ueberschall quality:
- 60s Psychedelic Rock
- Ambient Lines
- Bollywood Pop
- Deep House
- Electro Pop
- Finest RnB
- Glam Rock
The whole material can be easily suite to your projects with the help of the Elastik 2 Sample Player. The sample player allows easy time-stretching and fasr & unique editing features. It also offers new ways of quick inspirations via the “random button”. One click and you can create complete new songs with the given sample material. And last but not least the Elastik plugin organizes and structures the whole Ueberschall material in a flexible browser with many filter options.
The Free Elastik Soundbank 2011 is available to download from Ueberschall.
More information: Ueberschall / Free Elastik Soundbank
Ueberschall has announced the availability of Looptool 2, the second volume based on the successful idea of „Looptool“, offering a completely new access to the high quality Ueberschall collection.
Looptool 2 presents Loops & Samples from 50 different soundbanks. The well-thought-out and comprehensive compilation makes Looptool 2 the ultimate collection for all-round musicians and producers. With over 2188 loops from more than 30 different genres it offers everything that is needed in the modern multimedia world of today.
Looptool 2 goes from House & Techno, Dubstep & Electro to Rock, Metal, Indie or Jazz and world music and many many more. This generous collection in one library allows an easy and fast cross-over between genres. Looptool 2 is made for fast inspiration and new song ideas.
The delivered Elastik 2 sample player offers the perfect environment for the almost 4 GB large library. The fast browser allows you to find every sample within seconds and the loopeye engine brings you the possibility to suite your material as easy as possible to every project. Additionally the Looptool 2 library is an ideal enhancement to Looptool 1. Every sample is different from each other.
The Looptool 2 Elastik Soundbank is available to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Ueberschall / Looptool 2
, instrument plugins
, sample player
Posted in news
on Nov 30, 2011 - 1 comment
Steinberg has released the Music Production & Sound Creation Suite, a limited, special-priced offer comprising the award-winning Cubase 6 music production system and highly acclaimed HALion 4 sampler.
“Cubase 6 and our latest version of HALion 4 is already recognized as the ultimate partnership for creativity, but with this limited edition suite we are also delivering an amazing bundle price point. So, if you’re after the best music production and sound design software, this is one deal you won’t want to miss,” said Peter Peck, senior sales manager at Steinberg.
Cubase 6 is Steinberg’s advanced music production system, with multitrack editing tools, take comping and its innovative VST Expression 2 for entirely new ways of articulation and controller editing. Also included is a host of VST 3 effects and instruments that round out the comprehensive spectrum of studio-grade features.
HALion 4 is Steinberg’s VST sampler and sound creation system, fusing sampling and synthesis technologies into a professional environment for sound designers. It features in-depth editing tools, more than 40 studio-grade effects, a vast library that spans over 1,600 sounds and many other first-class features that make it the standard for creative sound design.
“By bringing Cubase and HALion together, professionals now have the ultimate feature set for composing, recording, editing and sound design,” commented product marketing manager Carlos M. Rohde.
A limited number of the Music Production & Sound Creation Suite is available, priced 699 EUR incl. VAT.
More information: Steinberg / Music Production & Sound Creation Suite
Vienna Symphonic Library has released Vienna Instruments PRO 2, a major update of the software sample player for Windows and Mac.
New features include the powerful APP sequencer, auto humanization, enveloped time stretching, automatic cell naming, enabling/disabling of cells and an option to adjust the sample preload buffer size.
Changes in Vienna Instruments PRO 2
- APP Sequencer – The internal Auto-Playback and Pattern Sequencer offers a vast variety of orchestral patterns and voicings. Trigger rhythmic patterns, runs and accompanying arrangements of the whole orchestra at the touch of a single key!
- New Presets and Matrices – Take advantage of the APP Sequencer and load hundreds of preconfigured chords, phrases and patterns.
- Enabling/Disabling of Cells – Load huge presets with hundreds of articulations in no time, and without taxing your RAM. Specific articulations get loaded only when you “enable” their cells with a simple double-click. Disable cells to clear samples from RAM, while keeping all patch settings intact.
- Auto Cell Naming – Easily identify all loaded articulations by their cell names.
- Auto Humanization – Assign appropriate performance accuracy settings to all of your loaded articulations at once.
- Enveloped Time Stretching – Easily determine which part of an articulation should be manipulated and adjust the speed of a portamento or the attack of a staccato.
- SSD ready – Load 10 times more samples into your RAM, 10 times faster, by reducing the sample preload buffer size when using Solid State Drives.
- Scale Editor – Change the pitch of specific notes of your scales to customize your microtunings.
- Extended Instrument Ranges – Extend the range of each articulation up to two whole tones (both in the high and low register) by simply grabbing the handles on the virtual keyboard.
Vienna Instruments PRO 2 is available to purchase for the introductory price of EUR 125 through December 15, 2011 (regular 145 EUR). Registered users of Vienna Instruments PRO may download the new version from the Vienna Symphonic Library website, free of charge.
More information: Vienna Symphonic Library / Vienna Instruments PRO 2